News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The bt.etree.org database is moving...

Started by G. Augusto, April 24, 2008, 02:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

whyweigh5.0

ah thanks
i figured thats what you were talking about but i couldnt remember the rest url
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

rowjimmy

whyweigh5.0

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

rowjimmy

Part of the break-down in the etree forum thread is people who can't follow directions...

CRAZYED

Good news today peoples.  It sounds like the DB should be back up soon and the "problem" we think has been fixed from what i am hearing.  While the performance issues still may be present, I think some action will take place to try and improve performance. Right now the main focus is getting the db back to the people who helped build it - the users.

To my knowledge db & bt have been running on about a 500mhz machine at ibiblio and some people have stepped forward to offer some possible hosting solutions that will provide servers & bandwidth - all donated.  I think the server team will evaluate some of these options and see what can be done.  And i think they might look to give db its own box and bt its own box. Maybe even some new code for the bt tracker, i know phrog just upgraded the forums as well.  We will have to wait and see what happens and i'm just speculating a bit here, but I just figured i'd let you know things seem to have turned in a positive direction today so just hang in there.

Please be patient as we try and right the ship and keep music trading FREE...........

:banana:

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

mopper_smurf

Quote from: CRAZYED on May 08, 2008, 11:36:57 AM
Please be patient as we try and right the ship and keep music trading FREE...........

Thanks for the update. Take your time to get it right.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.