News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

rowjimmy

rowjimmy

My copy of Rift has arrived!

Thanks, JJ!!!

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 01, 2015, 07:38:31 PM
My copy of Rift has arrived!

Thanks, JJ!!!

nice.  mine will be here tomorrow. hmmm, think i'm feeling sick....

Hicks

Caravan hooked mine up today, wooo hoooo!!!!  :beerbang:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on September 01, 2015, 09:02:07 PM

My pleasure.  Sorry Igbo, I only got two LPs :|..My other packages were just some stickers and posters.  Played mine today for a little but had to cut it off in the middle of Maze.  Was not able to give it a proper listen.  Sounded decent, but it wasn't a focused listen.  Fuego is still by far the best sounding Phish vinyl out there imo.  By a mile.

Igbo

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 02, 2015, 12:24:25 AM

My pleasure.  Sorry Igbo, I only got two LPs :|..My other packages were just some stickers and posters.  Played mine today for a little but had to cut it off in the middle of Maze.  Was not able to give it a proper listen.  Sounded decent, but it wasn't a focused listen.  Fuego is still by far the best sounding Phish vinyl out there imo.  By a mile.

No worries Todd!! Thanks for looking out.

Buffalo Budd

I finally bought a copy of Hiss Golden Messenger - Lateness Of Dancers
Should arrive any day, love this album.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 02, 2015, 11:59:17 AM
I finally bought a copy of Hiss Golden Messenger - Lateness Of Dancers
Should arrive any day, love this album.

Such a great record.

My Phil Cook - Southland Mission shipped today. Psyched!

mattstick

Quote from: Igbo on September 02, 2015, 09:54:46 AM

It's $45 on amazon.com, release Sept 18.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mattstick on September 02, 2015, 12:40:33 PM
Quote from: Igbo on September 02, 2015, 09:54:46 AM

It's $45 on amazon.com, release Sept 18.

But it doesn't come with the Welker print.  :|
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Local shop down the street from my office is giving away all their $1 records.
Just grabbed an armload on my lunch and will probably drop back in after work with a crate.
Got a few upgrades, a couple jazz records, a Pat Metheny album and a bunch of Sesame St/Disney records for the kids.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Picked up a 2nd press of the Ryan Adams Carnegie Hall box. Spinning it now and loving it.

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 06, 2015, 12:16:46 PM
Picked up a 2nd press of the Ryan Adams Carnegie Hall box. Spinning it now and loving it.

Also finally received the latest Matt Valentine record this past week and just now putting it on. So good.
Nice contributions from J Mascis on this one among the usual suspects. It's as fried as anything from MV.

Hicks

Finally listened to my Rift, they did a good job with the remaster and I was impressed with the lack of noise on the colored vinyl.   

All analog would have warmed it up but that's a minor complaint. 

The Welker print is sick.   
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.