News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: susep on June 07, 2018, 06:33:35 AM
Quote from: mbw on June 06, 2018, 05:13:50 PM
Nothing from Jam Filled? Weak.

20 bucks says they'll release a Jam filled(BD 4) show vinyl box at Curveball.   

I'll take that bet.

I think the biggies like Jam-filled are what's supposed to entice people to buy the big set.

I wouldn't be surprised if the individual shows are made available on CD or LP in the future but not Curveball.

August

I listened to the LP songs today at work.
I will not buy this. I got tired somewhere in Blaze On.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Yeah, this might be the first Phish vinyl I pass on.  I like BD alright, but the tracking and all of that just annoys me and the tracks are not my top BD picks.  The 24bit Miller auds sound plenty good to my ears.

Hicks

Kinda mind blowing that they wouldn't kick down ASITHOS or even Sample on that More side.

But, this thing will be cheap on 3rd party sites a couple months after it's release, no way I'll be able to resist. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

shoreline99

Quote from: Caravan2001 on June 08, 2018, 08:51:44 PM
Yeah, this might be the first Phish vinyl I pass on.  I like BD alright, but the tracking and all of that just annoys me and the tracks are not my top BD picks.  The 24bit Miller auds sound plenty good to my ears.

Not buying it. No jam filled. Crappy track selection. And no lawn boy? Wtf.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

PIE-GUY

I'm 100% on your team. I can't justify the cost for literally ANY of these BD release options. I'm looking forward to finding at least 320 mbps mp3 versions of this newly remixed and remastered version of the whole run... but knowing I'll find those online at zero cost is literally enough for me... and I've been a completist for almost everything phish has ever done. I mean, I have the fucking Joy box.

I just hope enough custies custy up to this that they are convinced there is enough demand to justify a Big Cypress release... because, honestly, I'd go past the $500 mark for anything they release from that run. 

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Caravan2001

Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 09, 2018, 12:42:09 AM

I'm 100% on your team. I can't justify the cost for literally ANY of these BD release options. I'm looking forward to finding at least 320 mbps mp3 versions of this newly remixed and remastered version of the whole run... but knowing I'll find those online at zero cost is literally enough for me... and I've been a completist for almost everything phish has ever done. I mean, I have the fucking Joy box.

I just hope enough custies custy up to this that they are convinced there is enough demand to justify a Big Cypress release... because, honestly, I'd go past the $500 mark for anything they release from that run.

Yeah, I would custy up pretty hard for a Cypress release.  If they are going to do one, I am guessing they are waiting for the 20 or 25th anny.  Thing is that I don't listen to CDs so it's tough.  Cypress would have to be like a 20LP box and the tracking would be murderous.  I dunno.  I really loved having the Europe '72 box.  It was well worth the money and the book and packaging were great but it just sat there on my shelf.  I had the digital flacs and played those when I wanted to hear the uncompressed.  I was happy to sell it to someone that will actually use it.  Have not missed it one bit since selling.  You would think for this BD release that Phish would have offered thumb drive option like GD did with their set.  I suppose if I went to the BD, I would be more apt to buy it.  As it is, I will do the same as Hicks and wait until Collector's Choice or Amazon sells a batch for $49...

mbw

Unsung Cities and Movies Never Made is back up on drygoods.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mbw on June 11, 2018, 12:58:03 PM

I have it but thanks for the heads up!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

August

Thought of susep when I saw this but figured some of you might want this too.

http://modern-vinyl.com/2018/06/11/john-coltrane-quartet-unreleased-tracks-get-released/

mistercharlie

Thanks for the heads-up!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 11, 2018, 06:27:13 PM

Thanks for the heads-up!

Yeah, looks like they repressed on grey vinyl.  This was a hard one to get at RSD.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on June 11, 2018, 07:12:13 PM

Thanks for the heads-up!

Yeah, looks like they repressed on grey vinyl.  This was a hard one to get at RSD.

They're calling it 'Metallic Silver' We'll see when it arrives if it would actually classify as silver or if they're just trying to class it up by calling it that.

QuoteOriginally released on Record Store Day in 2013, Page McConnell's ten track instrumental album titled Unsung Cities And Movies Never Made is available again on vinyl. Unsung Cities And Movies Never Made was recorded and mixed by long-time engineering collaborator, John Siket, and culled primarily from a single recording session that took place at The Barn in VT in December 2009. The album was recorded with guitarist Adam Zimmon, bassist Reed Mathis and drummer Gabe Jarrett.

This pressing is a brand new 180g metallic silver vinyl pressing.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 11, 2018, 07:22:08 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on June 11, 2018, 07:12:13 PM

Thanks for the heads-up!

They're calling it 'Metallic Silver' We'll see when it arrives if it would actually classify as silver or if they're just trying to class it up by calling it that.

QuoteOriginally released on Record Store Day in 2013, Page McConnell's ten track instrumental album titled Unsung Cities And Movies Never Made is available again on vinyl. Unsung Cities And Movies Never Made was recorded and mixed by long-time engineering collaborator, John Siket, and culled primarily from a single recording session that took place at The Barn in VT in December 2009. The album was recorded with guitarist Adam Zimmon, bassist Reed Mathis and drummer Gabe Jarrett.

This pressing is a brand new 180g metallic silver vinyl pressing.

The OG is red.