News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Lol, it's $449

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on May 18, 2020, 02:25:46 PM
Lol, it's $449

Hard pass....I'll save $349 and just buy a copy of Without a Net and be good.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on May 18, 2020, 02:31:05 PM
Quote from: mattstick on May 18, 2020, 02:25:46 PM
Lol, it's $449

Hard pass....I'll save $349 and just buy a copy of Without a Net and be good.

Yup, same decision I made... some day I'll find one.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: mattstick on May 18, 2020, 02:00:23 PM
Looks like...
Workingman's Dead
American Beauty
Live Dead (2LP)
Europe '72 (3LP)
Terrapin Station
Reckoning (2LP)
Without a Net (3LP)

Colored version of Without A Net looks sick, I'd buy a reissue of Without A Net if it didn't have the stupid trifold jacket that the original does.

You missed Wake Of The Flood.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

Wake of the Flood *on coke bottle sea foam vinyl*

The colors don't really make sense here do they?

Hicks

Yeah $55/album is pretty custy. 

Where did they announce this? I can't find it anywhere.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

Only $32 per LP.

Someone reverse engineered the URL which is down now but the image and price are still in the metadata.

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on May 18, 2020, 03:52:22 PM
Only $32 per LP.

Someone reverse engineered the URL which is down now but the image and price are still in the metadata.

Lol, yes, a steal!

Ah, that's some intense sleuthing.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

If these are all mastered from the original tapes which is VMPs thing, then I'd bet dead.net has them up for a wider release eventually.

rowjimmy

This seems like a weird throwaway that has no place in a serious collection but... whatever. I've already got a nice Without a Net and I've no beef with the tri-fold jacket.

mattstick

I have a $50 off coupon if anyone wants, hit me up.

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 18, 2020, 04:48:54 PM
This seems like a weird throwaway that has no place in a serious collection but... whatever. I've already got a nice Without a Net and I've no beef with the tri-fold jacket.

I'm sure you guys can see that I'm just trying to convince myself that I don't need this.
Because I don't.

And yet...

Hicks

New AAA remasters except for Without a Net which is new from digital, cut at BGM.

It's kinda tempting, but that's a lot of money for a box that I already own the majority of the titles. 

mattstick

If you're starting from scratch it's not crazy:

QuoteSome quick math and visits to Discogs reveals the following:

Without a Net: $100 gets you a NM original on vinyl.
American Beauty: $70 for the Mofi (it was 50, but just went out of print)
Workingman's Dead: Same - Mofi ($70)
Live/Dead MoFi: $70 (I've heard bad things about this pressing, but whatevs)
Europe '72: $60 for the Rhino reissue (Bernie Grundman, AAA(?))
Wake of the Flood: Monarch (first) pressing from '73 in NM/NM: $35
Terrapin: First press in NM/NM: $30
Reckoning: First Press in NM/NM: $55

So you're at $490 there. Would probably be able to knock that price down some by getting pressings from the mid-70s rather than the first pressings and the Mofi remasters. But on the other hand, Chris Bellman's work would probably knock the pants off a number of those mid-70s pressings, plus you get the really very nice looking box. I'm thinking it's not a screaming deal but if you didn't have these albums is probably quite a reasonable value.

Hicks

Cut at BGM is very nice, but I doubt they will be as amazing as the Mofi pressings.