News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 18, 2021, 08:01:08 AMAll right, let's start lining up now so we can snag a copy of this...

Joy on 2LP Red/Blue/Black Smash Vinyl:
https://smile.amazon.com/Joy-Red-Purple-Blue-LP/dp/B09C8S65R1/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=phish+joy&qid=1629287982&sr=8-1

The descriptor on the Amazon page is pretty spot on, and definitely fact, and spell,-checked!
QuoteJoy is the 4th studio album from Phish, praised by critics upon it's release in 2004. Rolling Stone called it "a deeper trip than most Phish LPs" in their 4 star review. The "Growing Brighter" edition of Joy is pressed on a tri-color mix of viny (blue, red, black).

No glider? Hard pass.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

PIE-GUY

QuoteAll right, let's start lining up now so we can snag a copy of this...

https://smile.amazon.com/Joy-Red-Purple-Blue-LP/dp/B09C8S65R1/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=phish+joy&qid=1629287982&sr=8-1

The descriptor on the Amazon page is pretty spot on, and definitely fact, and spell,-checked!
QuoteJoy is the 4th studio album from Phish, praised by critics upon it's release in 2004. Rolling Stone called it "a deeper trip than most Phish LPs" in their 4 star review. The "Growing Brighter" edition of Joy is pressed on a tri-color mix of viny (blue, red, black).

No glider? Hard pass.

Like that glider was gonna show up anyway!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Hicks

Maybe I can sell my Joy Box on Ebay to pay for it.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

QuoteMaybe I can sell my Joy Box on Ebay to pay for it.
Don't go getting overexcited. I'm not sure the Joy Box would bring in this much...  >:D
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

tet

Don't go getting overexcited. I'm not sure the Joy Box would bring in this much...  >:D

but... it has a poster FOR EVERY SONG!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

but... it has a poster FOR EVERY SONG!!

also 12 years of dust

nab

Wait, didn't Joy come out in 2009?

mistercharlie

QuoteWait, didn't Joy come out in 2009?
Yes, and it's also not their 4th album.  O0

It will be on viny, though.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Are you suggesting the original was not on vinyl?
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Oh, it definitely was on vinyl. This edition is a very special on the extremely rare material, viny.

Hicks

Oh, it definitely was on vinyl. This edition is a very special on the extremely rare material, viny.

rowjimmy

https://pitchfork.com/news/john-coltranes-a-love-supreme-live-in-seattle-album-announced

A rare private recording of John Coltrane playing his iconic work A Love Supreme is getting released for the first time. A Love Supreme: Live in Seattle arrives October 8 via Impulse!/UMe. The set was captured by saxophonist and educator Joe Brazil in 1965 on the final night of Coltrane's week-long stint at the Penthouse in Seattle. The lineup featured legendary musicians Pharoah Sanders, McCoy Tyner, Elvin Jones, Jimmy Garrison, and more. 

https://jazz.centerstagestore.com/products/john-coltrane-a-love-supreme-live-in-seattle-2lp

shoreline99

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 18, 2021, 08:01:08 AMAll right, let's start lining up now so we can snag a copy of this...

Where's my f*cking farmhouse vinyl?!?

Also, happy to report my copy of Burn of Down arrived unscathed and sounds great. Two in a row for Dry Goods
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mopper_smurf

QuoteAll right, let's start lining up now so we can snag a copy of this...

Where's my f*cking farmhouse vinyl?!?

Also, happy to report my copy of Burn of Down arrived unscathed and sounds great. Two in a row for Dry Goods

Will there be a Dry Goods trifecta? Or did I jinx it just now?
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

shoreline99

Quote from: mopper_smurf on August 27, 2021, 12:36:59 AMWill there be a Dry Goods trifecta? Or did I jinx it just now?

Don't jinx me, man
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.