News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

HEADS UP!

2pm ET today Dry Goods is doing a huge vinyl drop for Cyber Monday. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 27, 2023, 09:58:06 AMHEADS UP!

Based on the Insta story, I thought it was just gonna be a new edition of Farmhouse, the 'Stars So Bright' edition.

Hoping for a surprise Round Room and/or Undermind release though!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 27, 2023, 11:58:41 AM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 27, 2023, 09:58:06 AMHEADS UP!

Based on the Insta story, I thought it was just gonna be a new edition of Farmhouse, the 'Stars So Bright' edition.

Hoping for a surprise Round Room and/or Undermind release though!

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

The Cornetto Hoist looks pretty cool. I've already got the rsd version though.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

antelope19

Only thing I have not seen before is the farmhouse bonus 7' with driver and mist.

:cue newb comments:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mistercharlie

Quote from: antelope19 on November 27, 2023, 02:06:45 PMOnly thing I have not seen before is the farmhouse bonus 7' with driver and mist.

:cue newb comments:
It was a bonus for the first so many that ordered Farmhouse when it was first re-released.

I snagged one of those for my buddy who only likes Farmhouse, the album, by Phish, but still goes to shows with me occasionally.

Clifford Ball boxset is also back in-stock if anyone wants to drop $350 for one.

mistercharlie

My buddy dropped off the Jerry RSD records he grabbed for me today. I was presently surprised to see the bonus tracks on So What!  :music:

mistercharlie

Have any of you ever seen the 'Protect by Route' option when ordering stuff online? It's usually $0.99 to add it.

Well, I ordered The Beatles new boxset of the 50th anniversary Expanded Red and Blue albums and with shipping it came to just under $200 for the set. On this order I noticed that 'Protected by Route' was included in the shipping cost. The boxset was shipped in a normal sized record mailer and was barely staying in it. No padding, no foam, just some cardboard wrapped around a boxset. Also, FedEx mangled the hell out of it. One half of the mailer was ripped down the side and the top of the boxset was dented and bruised. I wrote to UGM asking for another box for the set, as the records were fine, or a partial refund if they were out. They hadn't responded in 7 days, so I went to write them again and noticed the Route link at the bottom. I clicked it, attached the pictures I had taken of the ripped mailer and damaged set and had a full refund back in my bank account within minutes! So now I have a free "damaged box" copy of the album.

TLDR... always get that 'Protect by Route' option if it's available!

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: antelope19 on December 16, 2023, 05:07:05 PMhttps://store.acousticsounds.com/d/184238/Phish-Round_Room-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record

I really did not like RR when it was released and now it has some of my favorite tunes Very stoked about this.
I think at the time I felt it was thrown together haphazardly, due to the band being messed up on whatever. They also didn't edit out one of the guys coughing in one of the quiet tracks, which really grinds my gears, but to each their own.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Hell yeah! Stoked for this one... and we're one closer to an Undermind release!

Hicks

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on December 16, 2023, 07:08:02 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on December 16, 2023, 05:07:05 PMhttps://store.acousticsounds.com/d/184238/Phish-Round_Room-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record

I really did not like RR when it was released and now it has some of my favorite tunes Very stoked about this.
I think at the time I felt it was thrown together haphazardly, due to the band being messed up on whatever. They also didn't edit out one of the guys coughing in one of the quiet tracks, which really grinds my gears, but to each their own.
I like the rawness of it and that it's almost just like being a fly on the wall of the practice room. Some of the songs I still can't stand like Friday, Anything But Me and All of These Dreams, but there are some heavy hitters on there like P&M and WOTC and the intro to Waves that they only played live one time at GW 04 is awesome. 

So yeah, pretty psyched for this release. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

I was just complaining about this not yet existing the other day... and now I've ordered it.

Very excited.

Caravan2001

mistercharlie

And here's the first mock-up of the pressing.