News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: Igbo on February 23, 2012, 10:21:39 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 21, 2012, 11:02:12 PM
Most of my stuff...

noob

I may be slow but I'm no n00b.

For the record, I took this picture cos I was fucking around with the Wordpress blogging app on my tablet. I figured that, since it was on the internet, I'd put it up here.
It wasn't meant to impress, just to demonstrate.

Gundo

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 23, 2012, 10:33:34 AM
Most of my stuff...

noob

For the record, I took this picture cos I was fucking around with the Wordpress blogging app on my tablet. I figured that, since it was on the internet, I'd put it up here.
Alphabetized?

Igbo

Most of my stuff...

noob

I'm kidding Bro. You probably have more than I do.

Hicks

I think all the "heavy hitters" should post pics, then we can see who reigns supreme.   :music:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: PleasedDog on February 23, 2012, 10:44:14 AM
Most of my stuff...

noob

Alphabetized?

Of course.
Alpha by artist, Chrono within artist.

That one shelf with the Boxed sets breaks the rule. Fucking In Rainbows box is too big to go in the reg. stacks.

Buffalo Budd

Most of my stuff...

noob

Well, if it wasn't meant to impress, you failed.
I would loooove to have a collection of that size.
Some day, some day.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 23, 2012, 11:15:59 AM
Most of my stuff...

noob

Well, if it wasn't meant to impress, you failed.
I would loooove to have a collection of that size.
Some day, some day.

Yes, I'm afraid what I have would only fit into two, maybe 3 of those squares.

Very jealous.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Augustus

I have half of that so far.
Thinking about picking up that exact unit pretty soon.
I have amassed almost 300 LPs since August and didn't even get my system up until December.
I ran the math quickly, but I think I'll have around 14 million records by next March.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Augustus on February 23, 2012, 03:00:43 PM
I have amassed almost 300 LPs since August and didn't even get my system up until December.
I ran the math quickly, but I think I'll have around 14 million records by next March.

Just remember, you can always go back and listen to them again. You don't HAVE to buy new ones just so you'll have something to listen to each week.

That said, You haven't been married for too long yet so get 'em now before you're on lock-down, bro.

Augustus

There's something within that tells me that I HAVE to buy records every week.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Augustus on February 23, 2012, 03:15:17 PM
There's something within that tells me that I HAVE to buy records every week.

Yep. Same thing has me with two browser tabs open (for days now) to check out screens for records that I will by on payday (tomorrow.)

natronzero

Most of my stuff...

Nice spread!
I've got the 2x4 Expedit, somewhat overflowing at this point. 
Those things are made for storing records.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 23, 2012, 03:11:24 PM

Just remember, you can always go back and listen to them again. You don't HAVE to buy new ones just so you'll have something to listen to each week.

That said, You haven't been married for too long yet so get 'em now before you're on lock-down, bro.
Listen to the man, my wife monitors my vinyl habit as best she can.  I can sneak a few past her but nowhere near the quantities you've been hauling Aug.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Augustus

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 23, 2012, 03:26:05 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 23, 2012, 03:11:24 PM

Listen to the man, my wife monitors my vinyl habit as best she can.  I can sneak a few past her but nowhere near the quantities you've been hauling Aug.

She's cool with it.
She got her first album this weekend and wants me to get her some Regina Spektor LP.
Real pro and flipping records, too.  :wink:

PIE-GUY

I have about 10 expidit! squares filled up... I cannot add more squares without risking my marriage, so I am now in a position where I must sell vinyl at fairly close to the rate I buy it. Hasn't been too difficult so far, but it will get harder with time, no doubt.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul