News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

The phish FB announcement regarding the Clifford Ball vinyl release sheds a bit more light. 

1. The flatbed "exclusive" it seems is just exclusive with the "tarmac pavement" pressing. Clearly that does not mean it won't be out there at some point on black vinyl. 

2. All of it will be available for streaming and download on LivePhish tonight at midnight. So that's cool! 

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

Pretty damn big set. Preorder starts at November 29 at 9AM ET
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

Couldn't afford the Box Set right now ($350 w/o The Flatbed Jam or $360 w/ The Flatbed Jam), but I had a few buck to toss after The Flatbed Jam!  :phish:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 29, 2021, 09:03:11 AMCouldn't afford the Box Set right now ($350 w/o The Flatbed Jam or $360 w/ The Flatbed Jam), but I had a few buck to toss after The Flatbed Jam!  :phish:

Same.  Psyched!   :phish:

Caravan2001

Great show, but not spending $350 on that. Doesn't say anywhere that it's limited so I'll wait for it to go under $300 and then I'll possibly snag.  I'm sure it sounds great, but I don't want to spend $350 for the book.  I could be wrong but I see some deep discounts on this one from the online dealers.  Even a one time 20% from somewhere like barnes and noble will get you under $300.

zackonthetrain

Has anyone else seen this online for pre-order? Bull moose and rough trade are the only places and it appears the pre-orders are sold out . Id assume it may start popping up other places soon, i hope

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 23, 2021, 02:40:59 PM3/1/1969 3LP will be part of the Start Your Ear Off Right program this year. Limited to 9,000 copies.

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/grateful-dead/fillmore-west-san-francisco-ca-3-1-1969-syeor-exclusive

"a good sauce can't save a bad noodle"

mistercharlie

QuoteHas anyone else seen this online for pre-order? Bull moose and rough trade are the only places and it appears the pre-orders are sold out . Id assume it may start popping up other places soon, i hope

Quote3/1/1969 3LP will be part of the Start Your Ear Off Right program this year. Limited to 9,000 copies.

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/grateful-dead/fillmore-west-san-francisco-ca-3-1-1969-syeor-exclusive

I grabbed mine from Rough Trade.

Zia still has some up for pre-order (they charge at shipping):

https://www.ziarecords.com/p/13448829/grateful-dead-fillmore-west-san-francisco-ca-3-1-1969-2022-start-your-ear-off-right-3lp-180g
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Quote from: zackonthetrain on November 29, 2021, 12:31:54 PMHas anyone else seen this online for pre-order? Bull moose and rough trade are the only places and it appears the pre-orders are sold out . Id assume it may start popping up other places soon, i hope

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 23, 2021, 02:40:59 PM3/1/1969 3LP will be part of the Start Your Ear Off Right program this year. Limited to 9,000 copies.

I wouldn't stress, 2/28 is still available on dead.net and was even on sale last week. 

As for CB, this is playing out pretty interesting, they are offering 1996 copies at DG and it looks like they will sell through them pretty quickly, probably later today or tomorrow. But they have not said what the total run will be, so no way to tell how many retail will get.

I will say that it seems everything has been done on the cheap, this is taken from the same stereo mix as the DVDs and the packaging doesn't look amazing to me. I highly doubt they used a premium pressing plant like RTI or QRP, so the pressings might not be great. Doesn't look like Amazon is going to get any, so there could not actually be many deals to be had, but again that depends on the total pressing quantity that they won't give us.

I think I'm gonna roll the dice on this and wait it out, but that could definitely come back to bite me if only another 1000 copies get released to retail.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Too rich for my blood going unemployed into xmas.
I ordered the Flatbed Jam which, I think is all I need. maybe when I'm employed and these show up on discount as Caravan said, I'll scoop one.

If I had been there, I'm sure I'd feel differently.

justjezmund

I went for it. Fuck it. Last year this month I spent more in booze by a bunch than this was priced. For the first time in a while the stars lined up for a larger record purchase. I do kinda wish they woulda just taken the money now but I'll hold on to it till March.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mistercharlie

QuoteI went for it. Fuck it. Last year this month I spent more in booze by a bunch than this was priced. For the first time in a while the stars lined up for a larger record purchase. I do kinda wish they woulda just taken the money now but I'll hold on to it till March.
I didn't even notice that they said they were doing this!

mattstick

Yeah fuck it, I'm in for the box too.

mbw

QuoteFuck it.

QuoteYeah fuck it.

Fuck it.

August

Snagged three.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.