News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nab

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 08, 2022, 01:25:27 PM
QuoteOut of the 8 RSD records I bought, this has been my favorite.  Great album from 1999:

Anyone else snag this?  Highly recommended. 
I wore the CD out back in the day. I have it on vinyl from VMP. It's a great album and so is White People, their second album.

This release, Lovage, White People rounded out my DtA trio of favorite albums from that time period thanks to re-releases over the last couple of years.

My local record store guy couldn't get me Lovage in through his distributors, but picked it up in another shop for me when he was in another town out of the bins.

mistercharlie

Wanna Buy A Money? and A Much Better Tomorrow are two other great DtA Albums from that era. And don't skip the Galactic album he produced, too!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

You guys ever heard of Gorillaz?

Love A Much Better Tomorrow and of course Deltron too.

Thought White People sucked except for the Cat Power song.

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

His Gorillaz album is amazing too, but I prefer the Danger Mouse produced album.

You can't go wrong with Deltron either! 

More modern, but his soundtrack for Book Smart is pretty damned good too!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Finally caved and grabbed one of the unofficial releases of Chance the Rapper - Coloring Book. Upon first spin, I'm extremely pleased with the quality of this pressing.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

nab

Quote from: Hicks on May 17, 2022, 09:25:33 AMYou guys ever heard of Gorillaz?

Love A Much Better Tomorrow and of course Deltron too.

Thought White People sucked except for the Cat Power song.

Gorillaz is a still untapped keg for me.

And not including Deltron was an oversight in posting, of course I've got that one too. It was the first one and probably my favorite or possibly in a tie with Lovage.

I've just listened to it (Deltron) so much, I have a hard time going back to it now.

zackonthetrain

any dead.net codes floating around? may need to get talked off the ledge on the lyceum box set
"a good sauce can't save a bad noodle"

mattstick

Quote from: zackonthetrain on May 29, 2022, 05:02:16 PMany dead.net codes floating around? may need to get talked off the ledge on the lyceum box set

CC22WMG10 is usually good for 10% off.

Caravan2001

Europe 72 is my jam but I just can't see myself going for a 24LP set.  That's a lot of album flipping. I am sure it sounds amazing but so do the file sets.  I got through every show this year for the 50th anny. Not on the exact day but just finished up this weekend. There was, of course, a certain amount of skipping involved but not a ton.  The Lyceum shows are really special.  24th is underrated imo.

mistercharlie

PIE-GUY

Have it. It's a great recording... Byrne with Tosca Strings, an austin-based string quintet he saw one night at Continental Club and hired to tour with him for like 2-3 years. I actually saw this lineup of musicians 3 times... and every time he closed the show with this gem:

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

antelope19

If anyone sees an extra Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band online when they're posted, please let me know.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mistercharlie

QuoteIf anyone sees an extra Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band online when they're posted, please let me know.
Plaid Room Records has quite a few in stock.

https://www.plaidroomrecords.com/collections/rsd2022june/products/jerry-garcia-acoustic-band-ragged-but-right

mistercharlie

Just stopped into my shop and grabbed a copy of the Miles 7/7/83 RSD release with Scofield on guitar. The wife is heading to lunch with her sister and our nieces in a few hours and I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of this thing while she does. :smoke:  O0 :music:

Edit: When did we lose the :smoke: guy? Did that happen when the site upgraded and I just hadn't used him since then? 

nab

Quote from: antelope19 on June 18, 2022, 10:45:37 AMIf anyone sees an extra Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band online when they're posted, please let me know.

Or you can go with my local guy. Real dependable.

https://cameronrecords.com/collections/rsddrop2022/products/jerry-garcia-acoustic-band-ragged-but-right-2xlp-rsd2022