News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 22, 2022, 05:27:45 PM45rpm MoFi American Beauty is coming: https://www.musicdirect.com/music/vinyl/grateful-dead-american-beauty-numbered-45rpm-180g-vinyl-2lp/

Pretty happy with the sound of the 50th anniversary edition. I have an OG too, but the 50th is great. Not sure I am too driven to pick up a 2 x LP version.  Breaking up those sides is criminal tbh.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 22, 2022, 10:25:40 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on November 22, 2022, 05:27:45 PM45rpm MoFi American Beauty is coming: https://www.musicdirect.com/music/vinyl/grateful-dead-american-beauty-numbered-45rpm-180g-vinyl-2lp/

Pretty happy with the sound of the 50th anniversary edition. I have an OG too, but the 50th is great. Not sure I am too driven to pick up a 2 x LP version.  Breaking up those sides is criminal tbh.

Yeah I think I'm with you.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 22, 2022, 10:39:44 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 22, 2022, 10:25:40 PM

Yeah I think I'm with you.
In agreement with both of you. My OG sounds nice but that 50th is a great pressing. Plus, I've lost some of the confidence I had in MoFi after the whole digital debacle.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

rowjimmy

If any RSD goers can grip me the JerryBand box, I've got you via PayPal or Venmo or whatever.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 25, 2022, 10:51:50 AMIf any RSD goers can grip me the JerryBand box, I've got you via PayPal or Venmo or whatever.
My local shop didn't even order any of the RSD titles this year. I'll keep an eye out for it tomorrow morning when everything goes online though.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

Ditto for me on the Brotha Lynch.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mbw on November 25, 2022, 11:23:40 AMDitto for me on the Brotha Lynch.
That album makes me think of riding around in my cousin's T-Top Cutlass with a Rockford-Fosgate system in it and smoking blunts. Good times in the mid-late 90's!

mistercharlie

susep

Had success yesterday getting most of my list.  Was able to buy Pete Rock this am online.  Missing Phish RSD releases tho.  If they had maintained their previous release pattern, we'd only have Undermind to go from the studio.   

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Passed that link along, Hicks.
Nice one.

MrC I'm all set.
Thanks

Tried to post earlier but it didn't send, evidently.

mopper_smurf

The Black Friday releases I was interested in never made it to my side of the pond. I balked at the price for the Eric Burdon & War box set. 124.99 for 4LPs? Hard pass. I have contemporary VG+ pressings, so I am good.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mattstick

Thursday morning 8am I grabbed the GD and Jazz Dispensary titles.

Saturday morning I ordered 3 of the Motown releases after reading some good reviews. Ordered from Taz Records in Halifax who have good prices and free shipping over $125. 

Saturday night I ordered Pucho and his Latin Soul Brothers from a Canadian Discogs seller after not seeing it anywhere online.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on November 27, 2022, 07:15:02 AMOrdered from Taz Records in Halifax who have good prices and free shipping over $125. 

Taz is great, I usually stop in every time I'm in the Hali.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.