News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

least & fav venue that you have been to

Started by August, March 23, 2005, 07:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA slim(so much deer creek bashing is a sin!)

Ya'll can like Deer Creek all you want but after the Extreme Absence of Courtesy when they groped, poked, and prodded me on 6/19/95 I swore I'd never go there again.

Virginia Beach Amp. was a blissful dream (for me) compared to Deer Creek.

VA $l!m

security is, --well security!
but the creek is a venue ...and man it rocks,
---that whole huge walkway between the lawn and seats, full of heads spinnin' and dancin', holy funky mackerel!...the sound bumps their too...(of course maybe i'm partial i can still hear the bombs phil dropped at the beginning of my 1st shakedown!)
look, i've been poked .prodded, in fact i've been tackled a time or two, but anyway here is a funny story for you :
deer creek 94(dead) ---german sheppards everywhere.on the hill/ at the gates--as everyone is walking in the dogs at the gate are just going beserk!--barking/ pulling the cops off their feet!, like "hey that hippie has something illegal on him!"---problem was discerning between the 1000s of us in line ...needless to say everyone was taunting the poor creatures back.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

cleech74

worst- Bob Carpenter Center, DE -inside security were Nazi's, same goes for MCI Center, DC
best- Red Rocks, Mud Island, and Hampton.  MSG and the Spectrum were always good places to see a show.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

VA $l!m

VA $l!m

rowjimmy

I thought Delaware was just a speed trap on the way to points north.

bellybuttonfunk

i don't think i ever saw a show in a bad venue, only bad scenes...

but for my favorite venues, well, VA Horse Center was the best.  I'm biased though because it was my first show.  Also notable are Hampton, MSG, the Gorge and the Mann.  If I had actually attended a show there, I'm sure Red Rocks would be on the list as well.

YEMfreely

Blaise

I was just at the rave last night, bitching about how I could barely even make out JB's voice. The place sucks in  just about every aspect.