News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ph92

Quote from: Lifeboy on March 10, 2017, 10:30:12 AM
Awesome, thanks for all the help Will.  :beers:
I messaged you on FB. But here it is in case anyone else is having weird software issues. Doing a clean iOS install can usually fix a ton of issues.

QuoteHey so I talked to our corporate help desk. They basically just reaffirmed what I thought. It could be an issue due to the fact that every time you update your device bugs will be "fixed" but if you've never done a clean install on your device, specifically after big updates (like iOS 9>10) you can run into some residual bugs or issues from the older system due to the update not being comprehensive enough.

So basically try a iTunes backup (more comprehensive data backup) and then factory reset the device, then restore your backup.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

VDB

Because Apple knows what's best for us, they seem to have hidden track times in the Music app in iOS 10. Has anyone figured out how to get these back? I see nothing within the app nor the Music settings in Settings.
Is this still Wombat?

Lifeboy

Quote from: VDB on March 19, 2017, 01:07:07 PM
Because Apple knows what's best for us, they seem to have hidden track times in the Music app in iOS 10. Has anyone figured out how to get these back? I see nothing within the app nor the Music settings in Settings.

I don't think so. I tried... it drove me crazy too.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

tet

There are 2 things about Music on an iPhone that I don't understand. 

• There is no ability to rotate it into landscape.  At least in the early days, we had Cover Flow view, but now... nothing!  This doesn't fit with my lifestyle.
  • Why haven't we ever been able to edit the ID3 tag info on an iPhone?  It's a full-fledged computing device, not a basic iPod.  Other than creating Playlists, we have no ability to adjust what is in our music libraries.  Why??  I would love to fix a mistake I happen to catch when looking at my phone, which I might not otherwise ever see in my 80k+ track library on the computer...

The track time thing is annoying too, and I am not sure why that would have been taken away either.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

sls.stormyrider

You can see the times for individual tracks when you blow them up, but not from the list
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VDB

Quote from: slslbs on March 20, 2017, 11:15:18 AM
You can see the times for individual tracks when you blow them up, but not from the list

Yeah, not terribly helpful for browsing around.

Obviously they didn't have Phish fans in mind when they redesigned this music player.
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

I would pay for some kind of pro user audio app if they want to keep simplifying the Music app.

Also how come "Play Next" doesn't work between the Music and Podcast apps?

tet

Quote from: mattstick on March 20, 2017, 12:53:10 PM
I would pay for some kind of pro user audio app if they want to keep simplifying the Music app.

Also how come "Play Next" doesn't work between the Music and Podcast apps?

as in, you should be able to add a music track to play next after listening to a podcast, or vice-a-versa?  never really thought about it, but you're right... in theory, it's all part of the same Library, and you could probably do that in iTunes (haven't checked)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mattstick

Yeah, like "Play Next" on Cornell Scarlet > Fire in Music app, when Effectively Wild Podcast ends in Podcast app, then play this episode of LOST from the Video app.

Making a queue across the various apps seems reasonable.

VDB

Quote from: mattstick on March 20, 2017, 02:50:16 PM

Yeah, like "Play Next" on Cornell Scarlet > Fire in Music app, when Effectively Wild Podcast ends in Podcast app, then play this episode of LOST from the Video app.

That's a good idea.

I visit the Apple feedback page every now and then -- sometimes in the heat of frustration, other times not -- and, while who knows if they actually read those submissions (they claim the do), it can't hurt.
Is this still Wombat?

ph92

Quote from: VDB on March 20, 2017, 04:20:46 PM

That's a good idea.

I visit the Apple feedback page every now and then -- sometimes in the heat of frustration, other times not -- and, while who knows if they actually read those submissions (they claim the do), it can't hurt.
Apple knows what's best for their customers. Plus they can't take precious resources away from the development of dongles.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Hicks

Quote from: ph92 on March 20, 2017, 07:49:13 PM
Quote from: VDB on March 20, 2017, 04:20:46 PM

That's a good idea.

Apple knows what's best for their customers. Plus they can't take precious resources away from the development of dongles.

Who doesn't love dongles?!!!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Cross app queuing seems like a no-brainer concept though likely a challenge to implement. I'm sure they could do it.
The other UI problems mentioned above are among the reasons I no longer use Apple's music playing app thing.
I have used Vox for a couple years now, I think and it's not perfect but works great. It will access my purchased music as well as the music that I dump directly into it. Podcast integration seems like a no-brainer next step and I'm going to submit it as a feature request. They currently already integrate with soundcloud and youtube (but I never use those features).

antelope19

No hype for the iPhone X here?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VDB

Quote from: antelope19 on September 12, 2017, 10:40:10 PM
No hype for the iPhone X here?

The cut-in area at the top of the screen is dumb af.
Is this still Wombat?