October 22, 2021, 02:41:13 AM

News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937


iPhone Thread

Started by mattstick, July 10, 2008, 12:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tet

just preordered the 11 Pro (moving down from the XS Max is a bold choice, but it was just too big) - excited to see this Dark Green in person!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Caravan2001

Quote from: tet on September 13, 2019, 04:59:00 AM
just preordered the 11 Pro (moving down from the XS Max is a bold choice, but it was just too big) - excited to see this Dark Green in person!

Sweet- let us know how you like it.  I have an XS so not upgrading at this point but my wife is overdue to upgrade her 8.

tet

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 17, 2019, 07:06:30 PM
Quote from: tet on September 13, 2019, 04:59:00 AM
just preordered the 11 Pro (moving down from the XS Max is a bold choice, but it was just too big) - excited to see this Dark Green in person!

Sweet- let us know how you like it.  I have an XS so not upgrading at this point but my wife is overdue to upgrade her 8.

yeah i'm on the upgrade program so really this is costing me less money now, hah!  I can never go without OLED again, but otherwise the regular 11 is amazing it seems - if looking for a not-crazy upgrade for her, that may be the right call.  the new camera stuff looks amazing on either, but the Pro seems even better.  we'll see - should be here Friday!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

antelope19

Def waiting for the next version of the SE to come out in early 2020. Kinda pumped for it actually.
Quote
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

tet

Quote from: antelope19 on October 27, 2019, 07:04:32 PM
Def waiting for the next version of the SE to come out in early 2020. Kinda pumped for it actually.
I hear that, the rumors sound legit.  should basically be an 11 in disguise, with all the modern internals (maybe last year's internals, just to keep the costs down).  introducing the SE was the best decision they had made in a long time
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

ytowndan

So my old ass 6s is finally on its last legs, and I'm looking to upgrade. I can't break the bank with anything brand new, and so I was thinking about the 8 plus, but I was told that maybe the XR would be better?  As you can probably tell, I'm not one who constantly upgrades to the latest and greatest, so I want something that will be worth keeping for as long as possible.  What do you guys think?  I trust you dudes as iPhone authorities. 
Quote from: nab on July 26, 2007, 08:20:24 PM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Caravan2001

Check with PH92 and here: http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=23603.msg847569#new

Looks like he is selling a 6 Plus at this time but might have something else coming up.  XR not bad but 8 would be decent upgrade for you too.  You could also probably get a X for pretty cheap now.  I also think a new one is on the horizon (SE2) and from what I am reading it is supposed to be low cost ($400) and it is supposed to drop this Spring (March announcement I think) so if you can squeeze another month out of your 6, prices on XR and 8 should both be going down, or get the new one.

mattstick

Quote from: ytowndan on February 24, 2020, 02:04:42 PM
So my old ass 6s is finally on its last legs, and I'm looking to upgrade. I can't break the bank with anything brand new, and so I was thinking about the 8 plus, but I was told that maybe the XR would be better?  As you can probably tell, I'm not one who constantly upgrades to the latest and greatest, so I want something that will be worth keeping for as long as possible.  What do you guys think?  I trust you dudes as iPhone authorities.

If you can get an 8plus for cheap I'd do it.  I have an 8plus for work and it's still perfect.  Will upgrade in June but only because I want to set a precedent with my boss that I need a new phone every 2 years.  If this was my personal device I could ride it out for a long time.

ph92

Quote from: ytowndan on February 24, 2020, 02:04:42 PM
So my old ass 6s is finally on its last legs, and I'm looking to upgrade. I can't break the bank with anything brand new, and so I was thinking about the 8 plus, but I was told that maybe the XR would be better?  As you can probably tell, I'm not one who constantly upgrades to the latest and greatest, so I want something that will be worth keeping for as long as possible.  What do you guys think?  I trust you dudes as iPhone authorities. 
I have another 6s that I'm taking a look at, I'm not sure I'll be able to fix it, though. I also have an iPhone 7 256GB that I'm about to get from a friend that I can repair.   If you want that 6+ to hold you over, I'd sell it for cheap. Other than that, I have a couple of android phones.

Google Pixel 2 XL 64GB Black, Unlocked - Like new condition
Google Pixel 3 XL 128GB Black, Unlocked - Grade C, moderate scuffs and scratches on frame/glass
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 07:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

antelope19

I recently upgraded my work 6s to an 8 and love it. The old one wasn't holding a charge very well. The camera is noticeably better. I spend a lot of time in the car and dread when the battery isn't 100% because I hate talking on Bluetooth. My personal 6s is also on its last legs(it basically died at Thanksgiving, but I was able to restore it from a recent backup), but I'm hoping I can make it to the launch of the new SE/IPhone 9/iPhone/ whatever they're going to call it. But the rumors are stating production could be delayed due to coronavirus. So we'll see.
Quote
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

ph92

Quote from: antelope19 on February 25, 2020, 02:00:21 PM
I recently upgraded my work 6s to an 8 and love it. The old one wasn't holding a charge very well. The camera is noticeably better. I spend a lot of time in the car and dread when the battery isn't 100% because I hate talking on Bluetooth. My personal 6s is also on its last legs(it basically died at Thanksgiving, but I was able to restore it from a recent backup), but I'm hoping I can make it to the launch of the new SE/IPhone 9/iPhone/ whatever they're going to call it. But the rumors are stating production could be delayed due to coronavirus. So we'll see.
Quote from: ytowndan on February 24, 2020, 02:04:42 PM
So my old ass 6s is finally on its last legs, and I'm looking to upgrade. I can't break the bank with anything brand new, and so I was thinking about the 8 plus, but I was told that maybe the XR would be better?  As you can probably tell, I'm not one who constantly upgrades to the latest and greatest, so I want something that will be worth keeping for as long as possible.  What do you guys think?  I trust you dudes as iPhone authorities. 
Also I should ask what symptoms are you having when you say "last legs"? Just battery dying quickly etc? Cause you could always go get your battery replaced for like 50 or less at most all repair shops. I'd suggest y'all look into it to make those devices last a bit longer. If there is a uBreakiFix (company I work for) in your area they offer free diagnostics, so they could at least look at your phone.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 07:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

rowjimmy

I still love my 8. Gonna be a sad day when I move on from it. Honestly, it's the perfect size. I've had an XR and now an 11 from work and they're excellent phones if you have the dough but I wish they were the size of my 8.