News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R4/W03: 04-19-1992 The Catalyst, Santa Cruz CA.

Started by Caravan2001, July 13, 2008, 11:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Had to put this up a day early, cause I'm going to SF tomorrow until Thursday....

On my past picks, I tried to find shows that were a little under that radar. I'm realizing now that some of them were under the radar because they weren't really that spectacular!  This time I've picked something that I think is fairly well circulated, and known as a classic, but worth repeated listenings for sure.  If you have not heard this show, you are in for a treat.

Phish - April 19th 1992
The Catalyst - Santa Cruz, CA

Source: FOB(20ft from stage, DFC) Nak300's>Panasonic 255(@48K)
Transfer: Master DAT on PCM-R300>Optical Cable> Zoltrix

Disc 1   (67:53)
Set 1
01. Buried Alive      02:15
02. NICU         05:54
03. Stash         09:27
04. Paul and Silas      03:20
05. My Friend My Friend      06:48
06. Reba         11:42
07. Maze         08:30
08. Fee>         05:09
09. Chalkdust Torture      06:22
10. I Didn't Know#      03:35
11. Golgi Apparatus      04:44

Disc 2   (79:50)
Set 2
01. The Curtain>      06:19
02. Mike's Song>      08:06
03. I Am Hydrogen>      03:00
04. Weekapaug Groove%      09:56
05. Silent in the Morning   06:25
06. My Sweet One      02:48
07. Tube         03:32
08. The Mango Song      07:00
09. Llama         05:18
10. Lawnboy         02:37
11. Cold As Ice>      01:41
12. If I Only Had a Brain>   
    Cold As Ice*      04:24
13. Runaway Jim         08:33
Encore:
15. Sleeping Monkey      05:19
16. Cavern         04:44

#Fishman introduced as Tommy Dorsey; with trombone solo and
"Take it apart" vocal jam
%with vocal jam at the end
*with "Lively Up Yourself" quotes
with occasional special guest Cameron McKenny on "rhythm
guitar" during set 1-actually a young friend of Trey's, does
not actually play rhythm guitar

Lossless:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=516661

Lossy:

Set 1:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/x8fhx9

Set 2:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7l9mrk

Enjoy!!

Submitted Reviews:

Sophist
August
Caravan
Pnchundi
Khalpin
Blatboom
GBL
Slim
Ned Ryerson

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

khalpin

Quote from: VA slim on July 14, 2008, 10:39:31 AM
awesome!
new to me, i think.
Me too.  I know the prior 3 nights, but not this one.

Caravan2001

Nice- well you two guys are stoked.....I dusted this one off for the first time in ages, and man does it cook!  Enjoy....

khalpin

Buried Alive: Always a great way to open a show. 

NICU: Nice and tight early version.  Lots of key changes in the middle that aren't there anymore.  Don't know if I've heard a real early version of that one before.  That was pretty interesting.

Stash: Not letting up here.  Pretty tight, as well.  Although, I'm not sure what crowd participation I like less, the crowd going "Wooo!" or the triple-clap.  Great jam section.  Well played by all.  Great tension and release.  Lots of heat early in the set.

Paul & Silas: Cameron McKinney again?  He showed up in one of the other recent show club picks.  Anyway, a good spot for a bluegrass tune here with some nice playing by Page.  Unfortunately it's '92 and he isn't using a real piano, so it sounds a little bit like a Casio, but the playing is good nonetheless.  Pretty good solo by Trey, too.

My Friend, My Friend: A little rough spot for Trey in the beginning there, but it's an early version and not an easy one at that.  Once the vocals start through to the end it's pretty solid.

Reba: Too bad...the composed section was going almost flawlessly, but Page was a passage too early.  They recovered quite nicely as they waited a measure and then Trey counted them back in.  Actually that recovery was pretty cool to hear.  On to the jam section, which is a very uplifting one, as most Rebas are.  This one's a bit short, but still very enjoyable.  With staccato whistling and weird noises.

Maze: Hot! Hot! Hot!  Trey is totally on fire for this one.  Great version.  My lord, this is just ridiculous playing.  I have to listen to this tonight while I'm mind-altered.  The climax isn't as good as the build-up, but what a build-up it was...

Fee: I've grown a bit tired of this one as of late, but I suppose it works pretty well here after that rippin' Maze. 

Chalkdust: I don't why, but if this were a late 90s show, my response to this one would've been "this again....", but I seem to enjoy it here.  Maybe because it's a little on the slow side?  Or maybe because it's such an arena rocker and they're playing at a night club.  Or maybe it's just a good version.  One thing's for sure, the jam section totally rips!

I Didn't Know: What a crazy bunch of guys....   Next!

Golgi: Set closer

Very solid first set with some great playing by all. 

The Curtain: Another classic set opener.  And it goes right into:

Mike's Groove: No messin' around here.  Sounds like the makings for quite the second set.  The whistle makes a return.  I assume it's someone in the band blowing it.  This one's a steady, driving force.  Very heavy.  Almost metal-ish.  I could easily see a BBFCFM segue here.  They start going with some ascending key changes ~6:30.  Finishes out nicely into Hydrogen.  Minor flub by Trey during Hydrogen.  Into Weekapaug...is he saying "Mike"?  Trey starts taking it the dissonant route ~3:00, but it quickly returns very melodically.  This one's glorious!  Just a great jam.  Then they simmer down ~5:30 and bounce riffs off each other, with some shrieking thrown in while Mike is softly rippin' away in the background.  Then Fish brings them right back in.  Great energy.  Mike's going apeshit!  This is off the hook!  Finally they move into "closing section" mode and the vocals return which develops into a little vocal jam that kind of fades out.  Not a strong ending, but the 8 minutes that preceded it were awesome.

Horse>Silent: A chance for the crowd to mellow out.  Sounds like Page is on Church organ for The Horse.

MSO: Some quality Page going on here. 

Tube: One of only two played in '92.  I love this.  More quality Page here.  Sweet early version.

Mango Song: Not really feeling this one today, although it closes out nicely.  Certainly played well.

Llama: Bringing back the heat.  Ridiculous solo by Trey with everyone playing equally hot behind him.  Great version of this one, too.

Lawnboy: Bringing things down again.  Dedicated to Amy Skelton.

Cold as Ice > If I Only Had a Brain: What, no HYHU? More craziness ensues.  Oh, those wacky guys.

Jim: Actually a pretty sweet version, which I almost never say about this song.

Sleeping Monkey: Another one that I'm not a fan of.  Just have to make it through the vocal section.  The instrumental section after Fishman sings is always good, you just have to get there first.  This one closes out nicely.

Cavern: This one starts out pretty funky with a little extended intro.  Mike slapping away and Trey doing some raking.  Otherwise pretty standard.

All in all, this is a fantastic show.  The best word to describe this one is "tight".  The band are firing on all cylinders and right in synch for pretty much the whole show.  Great versions of almost all the tunes.  What else can I say.  Great pick, Caravan.  It's about time I got around to listening to it.
A+

G. Augusto

It's hard to do a song-by-song on this one.
It's your typical Spring '92 show.
The My Friend and Rena have some flubs by Trey.
Trey gets pretty lost during Reba and they miss the end section before the jam.
They follow up with a smokin' Maze, though.

The Mike's Groove is a classic version.
The Mike's is pretty damn evil and meaty.
The Weekapaug truly is a classic version.
If this West Coast run is known for one thing, it's the insane 'Paugs.
Tube was a nice kick (35 shows)...
HYHU had some "Lively Up Yourself" teases...

To me, it's the worst out of the 4-16 > 04-21 run.
I give it a B.
a

GBL

set I

buried alive -

great opening, we all know phish liked it there too.. standard and nice start to the show..

NICU -

nice quiet start to this one.. everytime i hear this it brings back memories of one of my 1st shows..
fishman is exceptional here during the da da da da part..

stash -

a little early crowd interaction.. nothing wrong with this version at all, the jam gets a little evil..

paul and silas -

this is a tune a like alot.. whish they would have played it more later on

mife -

another song i enjoy, minor flub near the ending of the composed section.. mife

reba -

w00t! i little flub by everyone it seems right at the end of the composed section, trey had to count it off
and start again.. the jam gets pretty hot but ended a little early for my tastes.. then again this is 92
so maybe im expecting a little to much :P

maze -

false start by fish, kinda.. from here on seems to be a standard trey shred fest

fee -

its fee come on.. ->

chalkdust -

back to some uptempo shiz ala maze.. more shredding going on here (sorry for my lame reviews of a couple of these tunes)

i didnt know -

mr tom dorsey on the trombone

golgi -

this has gotta be the set closer.. golgi golgi golgi golgi golgi, and as i stated before i LOVE the middle jam!

If this is love, I'm never going home..

Caravan2001

Quote from: G. Augusto on July 16, 2008, 01:41:36 PM
It's hard to do a song-by-song on this one.
It's your typical Spring '92 show.
The My Friend and Rena have some flubs by Trey.
Trey gets pretty lost during Reba and they miss the end section before the jam.
They follow up with a smokin' Maze, though.

The Mike's Groove is a classic version.
The Mike's is pretty damn evil and meaty.
The Weekapaug truly is a classic version.
If this West Coast run is known for one thing, it's the insane 'Paugs.
Tube was a nice kick (35 shows)...
HYHU had some "Lively Up Yourself" teases...

To me, it's the worst out of the 4-16 > 04-21 run.
I give it a B.
a

Huh....I'm surprised you don't like this more (even though a B is a solid grade...)  But as far as the other shows this week, while the band was on a high, I find some shows (Palo Alto in particular) to overrated.....I really like Eureka, but I prefer this one....I have only heard one of the Warfield shows (the Brother one) and it is dope, but I need to hear the other....Still, this is one of my faves of this dope week.  Santa Barbara is awesome too, and I might like it better than this, but I like this better than Palo Alto for sure, and that gets all kind of hype.....

GBL

set II

curtain -

nice opener.. ->

mikes -

the 'jam' starts off very meaty and evil, i could def see a bbfcfm fit in nicely here.. this whole song stays
in evil mode and they didnt seem to venture to far from here.. not my fav mikes from this era but def high
energy.. ->

h2o -

i dont know, maybe one of my least favorite tunes.. i usually take this opportunity to pack up a bowl or something
since its usually pretty quick and you have to get ready for ->

week4paug -

i always love mike slappin that bitch.. and as mentioned in previous threads, the paugs from spring 92 are the heat..
this one does not dissapoint me.. really starts to take off at around 3:30 and then simmers back down to
a cool little jam.. mike throws in some mike song quotes during the 'vocal jam' the end, very interesting ending

THE horse -

this is the 1st phish tune i learned on guitar as rift was my 1st ph cd .. no flubs which is a bonus ->

silent -

silent is... well, silent.. i do enjoy the chorus though

MSO -

i like these early versions, esp when they throw in language and what not.. is this a fish tune? think so..
page has a nice solo..

tube -

forshadowing the funk in the future.. great tune, they play it a tad faster then they do/did in the later years..
and as was said earlier only 1 of 2 in all of 92.. i wonder if ppl were pissed they didnt play this more often
back in 92? i would have to believe so :P

mango -

this is another fun song i wished they would play more.. i think ive only heard this once? polaris 00 maybe..
the crowd seems happier to hear this then tube :X

llama -

yay.. a song that by nature is a rager.. this one is straight to the point and fast and furious

lawn boy -

this ones for amy.. nice mellow tune to follow the rage that is llama

cold>brain>cold -

i like cold as ice better then HYHU, maybe its just me?  vacuum>all fall down signal>vacuum..

jim -

yes, could be my most fav ph tune.. I SAID IT SO DEAL WITH IT.. whooooaaaa oooooooo oooooooo whoa runaway jim..
92 is one of my fav years for jim too (7/25 being the best jim eva) just love it.. this ones peak is great,
trey is thrilling it! this tune actually made me stand up dance -b great way to end the set imo..

monkey -

i have a hard time 'getting' this tune.. i can almost compare it to a wading encore -p

cavern -

nice recover :] i think cavern might be funkiest tune they wrote early in their careers.. nice finish!

some highlights for me were the alive>nicu>stash opener and the paug and jim.. i didnt feel that i got overly
excited about this show in general, even though they killed it.. imagine if ph came back and started to play
sets like this again? 13-16 songs deep :p

B
If this is love, I'm never going home..

pnchundi

hello all-  i have been out of town on vacation this past week, just got back today.  I will be dl'ing this on monday or so and will give my review then.  i have this on cassette, but since i dont have a tape player anymore, i am s.o.l. 

MiamiPhish

Here's my review of set I... 4-19-1992 The Catalyst, Santa Cruz CA.

1992-04-19 Review

Buried Alive – Short, Trey dominated Buried, as usual, nothing exotic here, and nothing to complain about.  I like starting a show with Buried Alive... it gets the blood flowing nicely.

NICU – This '92 version starts more drum-oriented than other versions I have heard with some vocal reverb effects going on.  As someone mentioned earlier, the middle portion features some interesting minor modulations (key-changes) but also some weak backing vocals to these – later versions of this song (appropriately) leave out the mods as well as the feeble backing vocals.  This version is short, tight, and well performed, yet still '92 raw.

Stash -  Nicely performed composed section lacking any major flubs.  The first half of the jam is mostly a tension-build, with a few likely release points passed up, whereas the second half of the jam features a number of nice releases, though nothing breath-taking.  Short and sweet, this Stash is a nice warm-up for the tension-release monsters to come in a year or two (Aug '93, May '94 etc.)

Paul and Silas – One of the songs in the phish catalogue that I have heard the least... this one is well performed and features some nifty picking from Trey.  A breather maybe?

My Friend, My Friend – Pretty standard – more nice guitar work from Trey... some shreddage in there for sure.

Reba – Nicely performed composed section until the second go-around of Trey/Page's duet part (where Trey plays ½ beat behind Page) – Trey seems to forget about the 2nd half of that duet part, instead trying to go straight into the heavy down beats before the jam, they recover pretty nicely though... it's fun to hear a younger phish try to recover from a relatively major screw-up.  Nice full-band participation throughout the beginning of the jam... major release from some niiiice tension at 9:30, but it doesn't really go anywhere from that.  Short and less-than-average, whatever that means.  Wet Whistle.

Maze – For the most part, this maze is tight and rippin'.  To quote dirksen, the ending, however, was "extraordinarily BLAH."  I like my mazes a bit more up-tempo than this one too.

Fee – Beautiful, if you ask me.  I love the fading harmonics part at the very end which segues ->

Chalk Dust Torture -   Page's baby grand sure is prominent in these early '90s versions.  Fish is and has been really tight throughout most of the show so far... no different here. Chalkdust is highly dependant upon Trey's soloing, and I'd say the first half of his solo here is much more interesting than the second half.  Whereas the start of the solo seems relatively inspired, the latter half sounds like the band going through the motions... kind of like how I feel about the '94 letterman performance – ok, but not at all up to what we know they can do.

I Didn't Know – Take the bass for a walk, Mike.  Trombone solo from... Fish?  Take it apart vocal chaos.

Golgi Aparatus – A nice high-energy set I closer.

As for first sets, this one is just about average for early '90s... for the most part a no-curveball, high-energy, well-performed set.  Unfortunately, there's nothing very memorable about the set either; nothing really stands out.  I didn't have any 'stop everything right now, I need to really listen to this' moments which =  :|

I give the first set a 5.0 - average phish, great music.
Set II coming shortly...

MiamiPhish

1992-04-19
Set II

The Curtain – One of my favorite tunes; this version did not disappoint.  I'm pleased without regret.  On a side note, the best Curtain I have ever heard is on a LP release from the same year, 12-01-92.

Mike's Song – HEAVY... The main theme of the jam, if there is really a main theme, is a riff that reminded me instantly of The Immigrant Song.  Trey's distortion really cuts through most of the sound in this one; at time's it's hard to heard the other members of the band over Trey's super-crunch.  Nothing spectacular here, pretty average I'd say ->

H20 – Pretty gorgeous, per usual ->

Weekapaug Groove – I'm immediately thinking, Holy Mike!  Sure enough, Trey spits an enthusiastic "Mike!" after the first chorus.  This 'paug is fairly experimental for early '92.  It wanders into spacey-discombobulated territory before exploding back into the original week theme, which noodles over to a minute or so long weekapaug vocal jam before the closing notes.

The Horse -> Silent In The Morning – Really nice, I love the 6/8 part of Silent.  Fantastic attention paid to dynamics here.

My Sweet One – Johnny B. Fishman on the snare and The Chairman of the Boards tickling keys, energy, nice!

Tube – WOW – I love this song funkified, loops and all, but here Page steals the show!  Really upbeat, high-energy piano work... think Murat Gin.  I think during this song Trey's guitar goes out briefly, but pretty minor... best early version I've heard (which isn't as many as it should be.)

The Mango Song – Seemed to lack something throughout the first half of the song; even Page's solo is a snoozer, but the band seems to wake up when Trey takes over.  The end leaves me quite satisfied with this Mango and ready to go for more.

Llama – High energy, of course, but I think we call this Trey-wanking... a little too much Trey, if you ask me, however, still a tight, well-executed version.

Cold as Ice -  At first I thought somebody mislabeled the setlist... I was expecting HYHU, but this was definitely foreigner.

If I Only Had a Brain – Fish at his finest... well, almost anyways

Cold as Ice – Reggae teases? (Live up yourself...?)

Runaway Jim – A rager!  Really, a nice way to end the second set.  This Jim is very up-tempo with some serious shreddage from Machine-gun Trey.

Encore:

Sleeping Monkey – One of my least favorite phish songs, for no real reason; this is a nice one however.

Cavern – Another one of my least favorite, but again, this version is nicely performed and ends the show on a high-energy note.

This second set, imo, is a far more interesting listen than set I.  With tunes like Curtain, MGroove, Tube, Mango, Llama and Jim, you basically can't go wrong.  Lots of raw '92 energy throughout this show, and mostly, again imo, in this second set.

I'll give the second set a 7.0 and I'll tack on .5 for song diversity = 7.5 set II
Whole show? something like a 6.5, good, not great.

VA $l!m

4-19-92

Set1

Buried: always the prefect opener. Nothing out of the ordinary good or bad here.

Nicu: I like it in this slot. Keeps the energy goin. good version. Personally I'm not used to hearing the old arrangement as much, so it was cool.

Stash: killer. Man I wish they could pull this one out as a third song in the 1st set in later years! I really like this one. Energy builds throughout. Funny hearing the crowd "woooo" instead of off beat clapping attempts from later years. Excellent version, imo.

Paul & silas: fun, nice way to break up the set.

Myfriend: newer material time. Seriously flubbed up composed section...hmm...but getiin it together in the verses, then TREY seriously rips the solo section up, what a great tone on his guitar! Wow! Trey sounds incredible, and not forced at all...just sick...I had a feelin they'd make up for the flubs at the beginning, but DAMN!!,,,building and building and...i love this!!!! A+/A for the flubs I guess, but really I could care less about those now.

REBA: YES!! Lovin the song placement! I also like the somewhat loosness of this show, 92-wise at least, so far. Maybe it's the west coast thing. ...Anyway...?well screw mellow, b/c this reba just hit fifth gear!! Very loud rippin reba—trey is on...then its done. Short hot sweat, nothing really new, but a solid rocking version.

MAZE: next attempt at rift mat'l. OK, first thing I notice is the almost Swing tempo fish sets. Now, I haven't listened to much 92 in recent years, but this is an altogether different approach to maze than I'm used to and I LOVE it! This maze is so groovy! Really interesting... in the page solo now... one thing I cant stand about older phish is page before he got the whole setup on keys...correct me if I'm worng but these are not actual pianos and Hammonds, but a synth, right? Oh well, whatev... this maze still is rippin, and I feel mike and fish join in on the fire during trey's solo. The entire band seems to be totally in synch for the first time in the set. A little short for the solo again,and maybe a little slow tempo wise(west coast vibe?) but overall a excellent presentation of maze.

Fee: standard

Chalkdust: fairly rippin. I notice Trey's tone is great again. I actually sorta like this one, which usially I'm not a chalkdust fan, but this one is very tight, not overplayed, but just right.

Didn't know: .horrible facial accident= funny.

Golgi: something about this version rocks! Its just orchestral in a way... the boys are in synch once again here...dig it! What a way to set it off!!

Really,  I dug this set! There were spots that could've had more jamming or exploration, but I think they made up it up with a tight(for the most part), groovy, rockin and all around fun set! Perfect for a 1st set, IMO. Hopefully the second set will get a little more out there, but so far I'm stoked! I give it a A- so far.

pnchundi

Heres my tardy set one review- 
I love these old school shows, so much more energy from the band.  Although its hard to be critical because the jamming aspect is not really there, so its either hit or miss.

Buried- great opener, lots of energy
NICU- fun early version keeps things moving
Stash- talk about a 1-2-jam combo.  Early whoas instead of clapping.  Good interplay between Page and Trey.  Great peaks
Paul and Silas- this is what I call the Fish shuffle.  Trey is super fluid racing up and down the fretboard
My Friend- well played and good placement
Reba- early sections are pretty tight, until someone fucks up around 540.  It seemed like someone tried to start a section before everyone else, decent recovery, but still.   Trey hits an awesome peak at 920 or so but its over too quickly.
Maze- tight and focused
Fee- well played and we need a breather
Chalkdust- more heat from all
I Didnt Know- Fish on the trombone
Golgi- great version, tight and a good end to the set

(I started set 2, havent finished it yet)
Curtain- wow, nicely done
Mikes>H2>Weekapaug- this is how you do it.  Mike's takes an evil dark turn with Mike and Page playing off each other really well.  Trey digs deep and pulls out some crazy shit.  Hydrogen is nice and sweet, and the 'paug is off and running.  Fun vocal jam ending too

VA $l!m

Quote from: VA slim on July 22, 2008, 08:48:50 PM
4-19-92

Set1

Buried: always the prefect opener. Nothing out of the ordinary good or bad here.

Nicu: I like it in this slot. Keeps the energy goin. good version. Personally I'm not used to hearing the old arrangement as much, so it was cool.

Stash: killer. Man I wish they could pull this one out as a third song in the 1st set in later years! I really like this one. Energy builds throughout. Funny hearing the crowd "woooo" instead of off beat clapping attempts from later years. Excellent version, imo.

Paul & silas: fun, nice way to break up the set.

Myfriend: newer material time. Seriously flubbed up composed section...hmm...but getiin it together in the verses, then TREY seriously rips the solo section up, what a great tone on his guitar! Wow! Trey sounds incredible, and not forced at all...just sick...I had a feelin they'd make up for the flubs at the beginning, but DAMN!!,,,building and building and...i love this!!!! A+/A for the flubs I guess, but really I could care less about those now.

REBA: YES!! Lovin the song placement! I also like the somewhat loosness of this show, 92-wise at least, so far. Maybe it's the west coast thing. ...Anyway...?well screw mellow, b/c this reba just hit fifth gear!! Very loud rippin reba—trey is on...then its done. Short hot sweat, nothing really new, but a solid rocking version.

MAZE: next attempt at rift mat'l. OK, first thing I notice is the almost Swing tempo fish sets. Now, I haven't listened to much 92 in recent years, but this is an altogether different approach to maze than I'm used to and I LOVE it! This maze is so groovy! Really interesting... in the page solo now... one thing I cant stand about older phish is page before he got the whole setup on keys...correct me if I'm worng but these are not actual pianos and Hammonds, but a synth, right? Oh well, whatev... this maze still is rippin, and I feel mike and fish join in on the fire during trey's solo. The entire band seems to be totally in synch for the first time in the set. A little short for the solo again,and maybe a little slow tempo wise(west coast vibe?) but overall a excellent presentation of maze.

Fee: standard

Chalkdust: fairly rippin. I notice Trey's tone is great again. I actually sorta like this one, which usially I'm not a chalkdust fan, but this one is very tight, not overplayed, but just right.

Didn't know: .horrible facial accident= funny.

Golgi: something about this version rocks! Its just orchestral in a way... the boys are in synch once again here...dig it! What a way to set it off!!

Really,  I dug this set! There were spots that could've had more jamming or exploration, but I think they made up it up with a tight(for the most part), groovy, rockin and all around fun set! Perfect for a 1st set, IMO. Hopefully the second set will get a little more out there, but so far I'm stoked! I give it a A- so far.

Set 2

Curtain: love it in this slot. Strong approach...very tight...sounds great>>

Mike's: !!just realized how great this recording sounds! Very thick. Mike and page especially strong here. Loosens up a bit and then trey brings in the thrash metal mikes. Usually this isn't my cup of tea, but I dig this one for some reason...sorta reminds me of the mikes from the 98gorge show.
Slams into>

Hydrogen: nice breather.

Weekapaug: sounds like they are havin fun. Nice groove with some beautiful fills by page...everyone on point with trey modulating about different  keys. Very dope all around.

Horse/silent: nice serious change up after a very silly mikesgroove.
Decent execution.

Sweet one: solid.

Tube: back into it... very slammin short version. Page and trey kill it. Shit, they All kill it.

Mango: hmmm...weird for me to hear this so late in a show, but I guess its 92 so...
Honestly its great to hear these nectar songs at a point where they were so perfectly played and not worn out. Jammin version actually. Not sure where this set is going now though. Next song should be the key, maybe...

Llama: ok, nice I'll take it. Funny to listen to mike and fish when everyone else gets quiet, just thumpin away at a million miles a minute... the rhythm section back in the day was a fuckin machine! Now trey on top, I really enjoyed his playing in this song and in this show in general... sorta loose. Pretty funky Llama.

Lawnboy: mellowness ensues.

Only had a brain: jesus...lol...

Jim: -not a jim fan at all, but oh well...keeps the up/down energy pattern of the set so far.
And fortunately the band is locked in and shredding hardcore,,,nice work on the toms by fish!booyaa!! and since this is 92, this version doenst go on 10 minutes too long! Wow, I actually almost enjoyed that! Ha! Killer closer.

Enc.
Monkee: well, I'm a sucker for this song. In fact recently I decided that every good show must include this song, so I guess this is a good show. Not a noteworthy version in itself though.

Cavern: funky as hell from the jump. Perfect choice to finish off this show though. The boys in synch just plain whoopin on some nectar mat'l.

in summary, i enjoyed the 1st set more than the second. after weekapaug, they just didnt put it quite over the edge enough to get a perfect A-. though overall i thought the playing in this show was very solid and the boys were in synch throughout. and for me even the flubs actually helped the looseness that makes this show work.
I give this show a B+/A-.