News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

PHISH return in 2009???

Started by axilla1, July 18, 2008, 07:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

I'm just going by people who know better than me, and would know, if anyone did...I was told not to hold my breath for 09, even though I would like it to be untrue.....that's just what I was told.....

mattstick

Even '09 is too soon, imo.  I hope they don't let a bunch of restless n00bs push them back too early.

Relax, enjoy the solo projects - Phish will be back when the time is right.

VA $l!m

i was responding to disco  about the CRowes to be clear...

but i tend to agree with caravan...

of course all of us have heard summer 09 @ the bonaroo site. but to me that sounds unlikely.

though i'd like to think it wouldnt be a NYE 09 run return... i just wish they'd up and annouce a few shows in the middle of a season, like they did with the island tour. once they are ready enough to test the waters, just do a short run. though i guess they'd also have to get to a point of commitment of clearing all their schedules......
that might be the best time to start thinking that it could happen. once their is a season that all four members arent touring or recording other projects. then about 6 months after that they might have had time to get together.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

bluecaravan521

I think they have a shot at being ready by Summer '09, but I'd hate for them to rush it and screw it all up, so I trust they'll do us all right and be 100% ready... we'll see though.  Halloween would be pretty sweet too :-)
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

disco

Quote from: VA slim on July 19, 2008, 07:16:39 PM
i was responding to disco  about the CRowes to be clear...

but i tend to agree with caravan...

of course all of us have heard summer 09 @ the bonaroo site. but to me that sounds unlikely.

though i'd like to think it wouldnt be a NYE 09 run return... i just wish they'd up and annouce a few shows in the middle of a season, like they did with the island tour. once they are ready enough to test the waters, just do a short run. though i guess they'd also have to get to a point of commitment of clearing all their schedules......
that might be the best time to start thinking that it could happen. once their is a season that all four members arent touring or recording other projects. then about 6 months after that they might have had time to get together.

Just my typical sarcastic comment in regard to the crowes....that's a lot of shows, certainly not wimpy with or w/o a NYE run.

I'm with Matt, all good things in all good time.....too soon means it won't last and that would be heart breaking to watch all over again.
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

mattstick

I was thinking more embarrassing than "heart breaking", but maybe that's just me.

blatboom

Quote from: mattstick on July 19, 2008, 09:09:19 PM

I was thinking more embarrassing than "heart breaking", but maybe that's just me.

it can be both.

of course Trey more than any of them needs to ease into this thing.  Again I'd say avoid any sort of spectacle for the first show.  The show will be spectacle enough.

bonebo

The question I have is in light of at least some of the issues that lead to the dissolution of the band ( substance abuse, an out of control touring scene ), what kind of potential touring can we reasonably expect from the boys ?  I would assume some changes would have to be made...... :?
...sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of our own...

messengerbird

Interesting to read what everyone's thoughts were five months ago.
Central part of town, I'm going down

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 05, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
A match made in Gamehenge  :-D

Caravan2001

Quote from: caravan2001 on July 19, 2008, 10:43:09 AM
Don;t hold your breath for 2009....NYE 09-10 maybe, but nothing 2009....

:caravan inserts both feet into mouth:

Nice bump BTW......

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: caravan2001 on December 05, 2008, 09:17:27 PM
Quote from: caravan2001 on July 19, 2008, 10:43:09 AM
Don;t hold your breath for 2009....NYE 09-10 maybe, but nothing 2009....

:caravan inserts both feet into mouth:

Nice bump BTW......

haha I was waiting for a few posts like that :lol:
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

I just re-read the thread with fear...
My single post wasn't too bad.

tet

yeah, mine either.

nice bump.  +k
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Hicks

I clearly gain credibility for my refusal to post in this thread. . .

aw crap.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: Hicks on December 06, 2008, 03:15:35 AM
I clearly gain credibility for my refusal to post in this thread. . .

aw crap.
until now
credibility lost
:wink:
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."