News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

anyone voting for McCain?

Started by Gumbo72203, August 21, 2008, 10:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StCarl

Quote from: Mr Minor on August 21, 2008, 02:31:24 PM
Again we find ourselves in a matter of voting for the lesser of two evils.

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
And you may find yourself in another part of the world
And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful Wife
And you may ask yourself-

well...how did I get here?
Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

Poster Nutbag

I'm sorry I just can't vote for someone who degardes woman like this...
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

bluecaravan521

Quote from: Bobafett on August 21, 2008, 02:06:48 PM
yes.  <ducks out of way>

I have catered for 2 partys at his house in PHX, and he is a really nice guy(fuckin politician), but i figure, they both really suck...i just want Colin Powell for the Veep.  and i don't think either is going to afffect me in the middle of nowhere.

And go Nuclear.

No need to duck...you know Powell has endorsed Obama though?
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

sophist

Quote from: bluecaravan521 on August 21, 2008, 05:33:01 PM
Quote from: Bobafett on August 21, 2008, 02:06:48 PM
yes.  <ducks out of way>

I have catered for 2 partys at his house in PHX, and he is a really nice guy(fuckin politician), but i figure, they both really suck...i just want Colin Powell for the Veep.  and i don't think either is going to afffect me in the middle of nowhere.

And go Nuclear.

No need to duck...you know Powell has endorsed Obama though?
beat me to it. 

I'd love that ticket, Obama-Powell, but it will never happen. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Bobafett

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on August 21, 2008, 05:13:35 PM
I'm sorry I just can't vote for someone who degardes woman like this...
[]
What's wrong with being french with women?

Powell just seemed to disappear fromthe entire thing once this race began.  what happened?
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

rowjimmy

OlfactoryHue

i don't really want to vote for oprah's presidential canidate of the month

he would not be in this race if it wasn't for her putting him on her show, he just has yet to do enough where i feel his leadership is strong

i don't much like the choices, NJ is a blue state so it'll be obama for NJ

i don't see many red states turning blue, could be wrong, but if a few of the blue states go red, which i see happening more than red going blue, then mccain wins

time will tell
"What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average asshole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it." Randle Patrick McMurphy

rowjimmy

Quote from: OlfactoryHue on August 22, 2008, 01:47:01 PM

he would not be in this race if it wasn't for her putting him on her show, he just has yet to do enough where i feel his leadership is strong

Do you seriously think Oprah has that much sway?
Really?
I believe that you are mistaken.

Ri©h

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 22, 2008, 02:03:45 PM

Really?

To a degree, she does.  But only over the mindless drones that sit through her shows on a daily basis. Some people think she's a goddess sent to save their lives through her words and deeds which are televised for anyone willing to sit through an hour of her insanely overrated hype. But I digress.

I haven't decided who I'm going to vote for but it certainly won't be McCain. Another 4 years of this mindless shitfest put on by George W. and company and I'm pulling up roots and heading to the Great White North.

My wife seemed to be interested in McCain because she can't see herself voting for Obama.  But when I showed her that clip about McCain having an adulterous fling the only words out of her mouth were "Fuck him!"

I think that sums it up nicely.  :lol:

PhishJY

Quote from: Rich on August 22, 2008, 02:41:36 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 22, 2008, 02:03:45 PM
Really?
To a degree, she does.  But only over the mindless drones that sit through her shows on a daily basis. Some people think she's a goddess sent to save their lives through her words and deeds which are televised for anyone willing to sit through an hour of her insanely overrated hype.

Everybody knows that there's millions of people who think Oprah is god, so there's millions of votes.

Quote from: Mr Minor on August 21, 2008, 02:31:24 PM
Again we find ourselves in a matter of voting for the lesser of two evils.

Well said, sir.  Well said.

Edit: And I'm voting for McCain.  Because IMO, he's the lesser.  I could be wrong, though.  Guess we'll see.
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

OlfactoryHue

But only over the mindless drones that sit through her shows on a daily basis.

that is a fuck ton of people, i really don't think he'd be running for president had it not been for oprah and all the hype she created for this guy a few years back, who heard of obama 4 years ago?  doubtful that many did
"What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average asshole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it." Randle Patrick McMurphy

bluecaravan521

I think we can thank the man himself for propelling himself to nation prominence after his 2004 Democratic Convention barn burner...leading to his mass increase in book sales.  IMO Oprah has only ridden his self-generated wave.
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: bluecaravan521 on August 22, 2008, 04:10:52 PM
I think we can thank the man himself for propelling himself to nation prominence after his 2004 Democratic Convention barn burner...leading to his mass increase in book sales.  IMO Oprah has only ridden his self-generated wave.
yea - he gave the keynote speech at the last Dem convention. He went to the Senate on a wave, there was an article in Time about him a few years ago and talked about a pres run. Russert asked him about it a few years ago, before Oprah.
It's no secret that Obama is a great speaker with tons of charisma. His books sell great. Oprah didn't hurt him, but by no means did she make him.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on August 22, 2008, 04:26:14 PM
Quote from: bluecaravan521 on August 22, 2008, 04:10:52 PM
yea - he gave the keynote speech at the last Dem convention. He went to the Senate on a wave, there was an article in Time about him a few years ago and talked about a pres run. Russert asked him about it a few years ago, before Oprah.
It's no secret that Obama is a great speaker with tons of charisma. His books sell great. Oprah didn't hurt him, but by no means did she make him.

I'm going to add a third vote of agreement here.
I watched that speech 4 years ago and I marked him as a man to remember.