News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vee Pee

Started by jephrey, August 30, 2008, 12:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

It just keeps getting better for this lady: (from recent AP release)

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Gov. Sarah Palin may eventually have said "no thanks" to a federally funded Bridge to Nowhere.
ADVERTISEMENT

But a bridge to her hometown of Wasilla, that's a different story.

A $600 million bridge and highway project to link Alaska's largest city to Palin's town of 7,000 residents is moving full speed ahead, despite concerns the bridge could worsen some commuting and threaten a population of beluga whales.

"This is basically an incredibly expensive project that doesn't help commuters, doesn't help create jobs and may drive whales to extinction," said Justin Massey, an attorney advising environmentalists opposed to the proposal. "It is also a project that serves the area where the governor is from, which is near and dear to her heart."

At the time, Palin's running mate for the Republican ticket, Arizona Sen. John McCain, derided both projects as wasteful. He called Young's highway bill a "monstrosity" that was "terrifying in its fiscal consequences."

"I want no part of this," McCain said in a July 2005 statement. "This legislation is not — I emphasize not — my way of legislating."

The governor initially championed the first so-called Bridge to Nowhere, which would have connected the southeastern Alaska town of Ketchikan to its airport on nearby Gravina Island. She later pulled the plug on the project after it became a national symbol of extravagant federal spending.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Hicks

Indeed, she has supported two bridges to nowhere.  Good times.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Poster Nutbag

the more I hear , the more I want to make camp in the rant post and just continuously rant!!!!!
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

tet

Quote from: Hicks on September 16, 2008, 02:04:23 PM
Indeed, she has supported two bridges to nowhere.  Good times.

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

gah

I don't mean to keep picking on this lady, but geez, it's so easy! (from an AP release)

WASHINGTON - Nebraska Republican Sen. Chuck Hagel said his party's vice presidential nominee, Sarah Palin, lacks foreign policy experience and called it a "stretch" to say she's qualified to be president.

"She doesn't have any foreign policy credentials," Hagel said in an interview published Thursday by the Omaha World-Herald. "You get a passport for the first time in your life last year? I mean, I don't know what you can say. You can't say anything."

Could Palin lead the country if GOP presidential nominee John McCain could not?

"I think it's a stretch to, in any way, to say that she's got the experience to be president of the United States," Hagel said.

McCain and other Republicans have defended Palin's qualifications, citing Alaska's proximity to Russia. Palin told ABC News, "They're our next-door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

Hagel took issue with that argument. "I think they ought to be just honest about it and stop the nonsense about, 'I look out my window and I see Russia and so therefore I know something about Russia,'" he said. "That kind of thing is insulting to the American people."

Hagel, a senior member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has been a vocal critic of the Bush administration since the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

In July, Hagel traveled to Iraq and Afghanistan with Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama. Though he didn't expect to be asked, Hagel had said he would have considered serving as Obama's running mate.

Palin was mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, population 6,500, before becoming Alaska's governor in December 2006.

Palin visited soldiers in Kuwait and Germany last year and said in an interview with ABC News that her only other foreign travel had been to Mexico and Canada. She also said she had never met a foreign head of state.

Hagel told the newspaper that other governors have been elected to serve in the White House without experience in Washington. He said judgment and character were also important for the job.

"But I do think in a world that is so complicated, so interconnected and so combustible, you really got to have some people in charge that have some sense of the bigger scope of the world," Hagel said. "I think that's just a requirement."
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

StCarl

Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

Hicks

Quote from: StCarl on September 19, 2008, 05:46:09 PM
Oh, yeah?  Well,

Who invited Jabba the Hutt (far left) to the party?
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

jephrey

Are you saying the far left is like Jabba the Hut?  In what way?

Or are you talking about someone in the pic?  If so, are you taking about the guy or the girl?  And why?  Do you really think one of them looks like Jabba or could you not come up with a better "poke" at palin supporters and had to resort to name-calling?

Pretty weak dude.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

rowjimmy

I dunno.. I think the guy looks kinda Jabba-ish... for not being a giant slug.

Hicks

Quote from: jephrey on September 21, 2008, 10:32:16 PM
Are you saying the far left is like Jabba the Hut?  In what way?

Or are you talking about someone in the pic?  If so, are you taking about the guy or the girl?  And why?  Do you really think one of them looks like Jabba or could you not come up with a better "poke" at palin supporters and had to resort to name-calling?

Pretty weak dude.

:lol: 

jephrey

Oh wait, now I see the resemblance...  Good one!

LOL / LMAO / Hahahahahahahaa.  That's hilarious.   

:|
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

rowjimmy

The guy really looks more like Karl Rove after a six week ice cream diet and a healthy case of the Shingles.

StCarl

Come on, Karl Rove is doin teh best he can.  But, of course, discuss if you must.

More to the point, the focus of my implied poke was intended to land a little more to the right...

USA!     USA!     USA!     USA!     USA!     USA!     USA!     USA!
Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

sls.stormyrider

proof that having a high IQ doesn't guarantee intelligence
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

twatts

Quote from: StCarl on September 22, 2008, 11:42:19 AM

I love how the sign on the left suggests that the word PIG is actually an acronym for Pretty, Intelligent Gal.  So when they walk down the street and someone calls them a "Fat, disgusting Republican Pig", they feel like its a compliment! 

Terry

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill