News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd 4 - 5 - Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited v 2 - Michael Jackson - Thriller

Started by UncleEbinezer, April 01, 2012, 12:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Besides... we are really voting an Dylan vs. Quincy Jones. Michael Jackson had very little to do with how Thriller sounds.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

From what I've read/heard, Michael Jackson had a lot of musical input into his albums.  No doubt that Quincy was a big part, but give Michael his due.

Hicks

That's just not true PG.

MJ had to prove in a court room that he wrote the music to The Girl is Mine.

He won.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

Writing, perhaps. Arranging and creating the sound? Nope. Jones is responsible for how that album sounds. I stand by that statement.

mbw

QuoteJones discussed "Billie Jean" and why it was so personal to Jackson, who struggled to deal with a number of obsessed fans. Jones wanted the long introduction on the song to be shortened; however, Jackson insisted that it remain because it made him want to dance.

gah

There's no I in team. Who cares. It's still the greatest album of all time.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

khalpin

Hicks

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 03, 2012, 12:35:56 PM
Writing, perhaps. Arranging and creating the sound? Nope. Jones is responsible for how that album sounds. I stand by that statement.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/4325168-post15.html
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

twatts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Martin

Can we go ahead and disqualify the other picks then??? 
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

PIE-GUY

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on April 03, 2012, 01:48:48 PM

no -the Beatles played all that shit... except the orchestral stuff.

twatts

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 03, 2012, 02:07:21 PM

Then let's disqualify Hwy 61...  Dylan only sings and plays guitar.  He doesn't plays any of the music that is being played by the various studio musicians...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will

twatts

----------------------

I want super-human will

PIE-GUY

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on April 03, 2012, 02:13:14 PM

Then let's disqualify Hwy 61...  Dylan only sings and plays guitar.  He doesn't plays any of the music that is being played by the various studio musicians...

Terry

quit being a little bitch about this... nobody doubts how much QJ had to do with the production of Thriller... I'm not disqualifying anything. I don't think it holds a candle to Hwy 61 and I voted as such. I'm making an argument to try to persuade others to change their vote so the right album can come out on top. that is all.

susep

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 03, 2012, 02:15:40 PM
I'm making an argument to try to persuade others to change their vote so the right album can come out on top.

twatts

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 03, 2012, 02:15:40 PM
Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on April 03, 2012, 02:13:14 PM

Terry

quit being a little bitch about this... nobody doubts how much QJ had to do with the production of Thriller... I'm not disqualifying anything. I don't think it holds a candle to Hwy 61 and I voted as such. I'm making an argument to try to persuade others to change their vote so the right album can come out on top. that is all.

"Wah...  My preferred album isn't winning and all my weak arguments are getting shot down..."

Who's being the "little bitch" about the "right" album???

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will