News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Never mind.  I see what I missed.  Not sweating it.  I can't believe the two Johnny Griffin's are still available.  I have played those more than any of the other ones by a good margin.  They are both so good.

mattstick

If they do drop another batch, don't sleep on Wayne Shorter.

On the Steve Hoffman forums someone from MMJ said they still have licenses on the 2019 SRX titles, it would probably be a while but I could see a bunch of those being repressed.  Otherwise it seems like Music Matters Jazz may have run it's course...

Hicks

Quote from: Hicks on June 20, 2020, 12:11:49 PM
Quote from: mattstick on March 20, 2020, 03:28:38 PM

March SRX Release Dates
https://www.musicmattersjazz.com/category-s/121.htm
Grant Green's Idle Moments and Herbie Hancock's Maiden Voyage will both be released together. This time we are splitting it into two time slots:
- Half Saturday 3/21 at 9am Pacific
- Half Sunday 3/22 at 9pm Pacific.

Maybe they're doing this again?

Will definitely be checking at 9pm Pacific today and tomorrow.

Welp, I guess not.

Kinda unbelievable that a West Coast based company would do a drop at 6am local time on a Saturday. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

VMP three month subscriptions are $60 right now.

September Essentials is gonna be Spritualized Ladies and Gentlemen, so yeah you probably don't want to miss that. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

Quote from: Hicks on July 01, 2020, 07:42:55 PM

September Essentials is gonna be Spritualized Ladies and Gentlemen, so yeah you probably don't want to miss that.

They seem to be repressing older ROTM now too, Blossom Dearie from Jan 2019 is back in the store.

mistercharlie

Well damn, I just cancelled for the month because I didn't want John Mayer, and was only moldy interested in Prince Paul. However, I was expecting to resubscribe to get Spiritualized and Buena Vista. So I'm back in.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 01, 2020, 08:34:15 PM

Well damn, I just cancelled for the month because I didn't want John Mayer, and was only moldy interested in Prince Paul. However, I was expecting to resubscribe to get Spiritualized and Buena Vista. So I'm back in.

The Prince Paul is dope, moldy or not.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 10, 2020, 01:59:01 PM
Kinda interesting...

https://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/music/a-happy-ending-for-seattles-bop-street-records-a-nonprofit-buys-up-the-entire-collection/

Wow.
I had a field day in that shop on my last Seattle visit. Met Dave and chatted with him about bluegrass guitarists for a bit.
It was really a dream shop.

There was so much there that I could have spent days, weeks, digging.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on July 01, 2020, 09:04:08 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on July 01, 2020, 08:34:15 PM

September Essentials is gonna be Spritualized Ladies and Gentlemen, so yeah you probably don’t want to miss that.

The Prince Paul is dope, moldy or not.

HA! Just now seeing this. Should've been "Mildly". I ended up resub-ing and grabbed Prince Paul. I'm glad I did too, because a few days ago I was able to finally grab a VMP pressing of Handsome Boy Modeling School. REALLY happy about getting one of those!  Plus, now I've also got Spiritualized and Buena Vista coming too!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on July 23, 2020, 01:38:01 PM
Dicks Picks 26 is up at Real Gone:

https://shop.realgonemusic.com/products/grateful-dead-dicks-picks-26-4-lp-set

How did I miss the DP 24 and 34 releases?  Ugh.  I wish Brookdale would have just kept putting them out and in sequential order.  How am I supposed to keep this straight.  Anyway, I'll prob order this one.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 23, 2020, 03:41:01 PM

How did I miss the DP 24 and 34 releases?  Ugh.  I wish Brookdale would have just kept putting them out and in sequential order.  How am I supposed to keep this straight.  Anyway, I'll prob order this one.

Brookdale's license or whatever expired after Harpur took so long.
Shame.

Hicks

Dunno, they were discussed here. 

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 23, 2020, 04:11:49 PM

Brookdale's license or whatever expired after Harpur took so long.
Shame.

I blame the soft touch.