News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-12-01 - Nassau Coliseum - Uniondale, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by shoreline99, December 02, 2019, 08:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoreline99

PHISH, SUNDAY 12/01/2019
NASSAU VETERANS MEMORIAL COLISEUM
Uniondale, NY

SET 1: Ghost > Rift, The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday Reprise > The Wedge, Martian Monster > Timber (Jerry The Mule) > Cool It Down > Roggae > Poor Heart > Tube > Character Zero

SET 2: Everything's Right > Down with Disease[1] -> Cities > Carini > Ruby Waves > Twenty Years Later > Backwards Down the Number Line > Say It To Me S.A.N.T.O.S.

ENCORE: Roses Are Free > Slave to the Traffic Light

[1] Unfinished.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

rowjimmy

mattstick

Fun show, first sets on the couch are kinda meh, my kid needs snacks, there was a Raptors game to watch, hard to keep up, etc.

My wife cut my hair at set break, is that a First Time Ever for a Phish fan?

Second set was lit. Everything's Right got jammed out and that set the tone.  Skipped out during Roses (a hat tip to Island Tour?), wouldn't have done that if I knew Slave was up next...

Caravan2001

I thought it was pretty good.  Need to re-listen but it was pretty solid from the couch.  The Roses was a little loosey goosey but whatever.  Stoked to keep following along with the tour!

mbw

Quote from: shoreline99 on December 02, 2019, 08:27:44 AM
PHISH, SUNDAY 12/01/2019
Uniondale, NY

SET 1: Ghost > Rift, The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday Reprise > The Wedge, Martian Monster > Timber (Jerry The Mule) > Cool It Down > Roggae > Poor Heart > Tube > Character Zero

SET 2: Everything's Right > Down with Disease[1] -> Cities > Carini > Ruby Waves > Twenty Years Later > Backwards Down the Number Line > Say It To Me S.A.N.T.O.S.

[1] Unfinished.

I think its time we had a talk about this.

QuoteDown with Disease[1]
[1] Unfinished.

Is this the most unnecessary notation ever?
Yes, yes it is.
Please get note to the higher ups at the Setlist Notation Board to cut this shit out.

jam>

Tube took off with a medium/short but great jam that slammed back into the blues part of song. Worth a listen.

Just dialed up the second set now.

WhatstheUse?

Dug it! The middle of the second set lost me a bit, not a Ruby Waves or 20YL fan, but that was the only low points for me. Love me some SANTOS these days, and the feeling seems to be shared by many. I can't think of the last time a new song consistently got such a huge reaction from the crowd.

First sets have been pretty great so far this tour. I'm loving the unpredictability and song selection. Ghost opener? Gotta love it. Only my 3rd TMWSIY ever.  Wedge back in it's proper first set placement ( :police:).... Love me a good Timber... they were playing that a bunch early on in 3.0 but it's been rare these past couple years. Cool it Down? C'mon! Good stuff! Tube a mini jam-vehicle these days too.

Honestly. I think the first set stood out for me more than the second, which was the case in providence too. I still can't stand Everything's Right but it brought some jamz so it is what it is. Gonna have to Relisten to that seg into cities bc it totally caught me off guard at the show.

I've been reading a lot of negativity about the security/venue but I had zero issues. Seemed like a free for all where I was. Also... got in and out of the parking lot faster than any venue... ever. Not sure if it was bc of the weather or what, but it was redic easy.

Also, I agree with whoever mentioned they're stepping up their encore game so far this tour. I dig that.
Bring in the dude!

shoreline99

Most of the issues I've read about seem to have been on the floor. I didn't see a single security person up in the 200's all night, it was definitely a free for all up there. Lots of stuff passed around with no issues, but I read that people were getting ejected for lighting up in other areas and the security goons were being total assholes.

A great show to sit back,  :smoke: :smoke: and enjoy the light show...

Completely agree about the parking tho, in and out no problem.

Solid overall show, that second set and encore definitely hold up on the relisten. First set wasn't bad either but I hit the pisser during roggae. My only venue complaints were the freaking lines for everything and the narrow concourse.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

VDB

Cool drop into a spontaneously rearranged Cities. That's the sort of thing I like to hear.
Is this still Wombat?

mopper_smurf

Quote from: mbw on December 02, 2019, 03:33:49 PM
Quote from: shoreline99 on December 02, 2019, 08:27:44 AM
PHISH, SUNDAY 12/01/2019
Uniondale, NY

[1] Unfinished.

I think its time we had a talk about this.

QuoteDown with Disease[1]
[1] Unfinished.

Is this the most unnecessary notation ever?
Yes, yes it is.
Please get note to the higher ups at the Setlist Notation Board to cut this shit out.

Indeed.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Multibeast12

Quote from: shoreline99 on December 02, 2019, 09:03:45 PM
Most of the issues I've read about seem to have been on the floor. I didn't see a single security person up in the 200's all night, it was definitely a free for all up there. Lots of stuff passed around with no issues, but I read that people were getting ejected for lighting up in other areas and the security goons were being total assholes.

A great show to sit back,  :smoke: :smoke: and enjoy the light show...

Completely agree about the parking tho, in and out no problem.

Solid overall show, that second set and encore definitely hold up on the relisten. First set wasn't bad either but I hit the pisser during roggae. My only venue complaints were the freaking lines for everything and the narrow concourse.
Was at the front of a 200 section right in front of security and they never said a thing to us.

The show was good. Drive back to Albany sucked. Got about a foot of snow that was not ploughed yet.