News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

2/28/69 is $65 at Amazon right now and Saint of Circumstance is $73, looks like Bezos is having a yard sale today.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on December 02, 2020, 11:17:04 PM
2/28/69 is $65 at Amazon right now and Saint of Circumstance is $73, looks like Bezos is having a yard sale today.

Those Fillmore 69s are so good.  Can't wait until the next one comes out.

Hicks

Got the latest RSD Jazz Dispensary, Orange Sunset, and it?s sweet, smooooooth grooves.

Ordered from a random shop in Charleston and it and the RSD Grandaddy record I ordered showed up a week later and in perfect shape. They didn?t send a shipping confirmation so I was a little worried, but glad I ordered from them as the Grandaddy was proving to be tough. 

https://monstermusicsc.com/
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 27, 2020, 08:33:50 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on November 27, 2020, 04:23:22 PM
So glad I was able to snag a All The Good Times are Past and Gone.  Been watching an eBay auction that just ended at $335 and the only one on Discogs is like $425!!  Anybody know how many the pressed?

All Good the Times isn't numbered so I'm not sure how many there were. Heat'll die down eventually.

Just saw on Instagram that they're working on a repress of All The Good Times in the wake of the Grammy nod.

Hicks

Just found this, haven?t watched yet but this guy took the Pepsi challenge with the new BN Classics releases. 

Buffalo Budd

^Pretty solid plug for the BN Classics series.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

I bought a lot of those titles at $75 (MMJ / SRX) earlier this year, but stoked to upgrade the rest.

I've really been digging these Black Jazz reissues from RealGone

https://shop.realgonemusic.com/collections/black-jazz/vinyl

rowjimmy

Finally dropped a needle on my Sigma Oasis. I got the retail version via Amazon rather than the Dry Goods pressing. I've seen reports of noise in the DG version. Anyone here experience that?

mattstick

Quote from: Hicks on December 08, 2020, 11:30:13 PM
Just found this, haven?t watched yet but this guy took the Pepsi challenge with the new BN Classics releases. 

This guys sleeve game is tight

susep

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 09, 2020, 09:36:12 AM
Finally dropped a needle on my Sigma Oasis. I got the retail version via Amazon rather than the Dry Goods pressing. I've seen reports of noise in the DG version. Anyone here experience that?

Spun the DG version yesterday, sounded fine, no pops or noise.  Clear and beautiful.  Forgot about the cool jam out Everything?s Right.  Par excellence. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: susep on December 13, 2020, 09:40:55 AM

Spun the DG version yesterday, sounded fine, no pops or noise.  Clear and beautiful.  Forgot about the cool jam out Everything?s Right.  Par excellence.

I'll be giving mine a first spin on Wednesday. I'll report back.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Mine is quiet.  Heard Matt from HFB complaining about his.  And Hicks' has a huge scratch on it. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 13, 2020, 05:35:55 PM

Mine is quiet.  Heard Matt from HFB complaining about his.  And Hicks' has a huge scratch on it.

Yeah, Matt?s not happy. Might be returning outright and copping the retail version.

Hicks

Yeah pretty bad gash, but it sounded good otherwise. One of the deeper scratches I?ve gotten on a new record. 

Just sent them an email asking for an exchange. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 13, 2020, 09:47:16 PM

Yeah, Matt?s not happy. Might be returning outright and copping the retail version.

Yep, it's frustrating.  We traded some war stories on all the bad vinyl we have gotten from DG.  This is the first DG vinyl I have purchased since the great Fuego debacle of 2014 and I was pleasantly surprised to receive one without a single issue.