News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Hicks on September 02, 2020, 10:14:27 PM
Custied up for the Junta splatter and gave a bro a bill for it. 

HO

LEE

SHIT

This thing sounds amazeballs! Up there with the Lawnboy RE as one of the best sounding Phish records I've ever heard. Full on sounded like Trey was in my basement last night. 

If you see one at a reasonable price, scoop it.

is it different from the initial RSD release?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

PIE-GUY

Hicks

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 03, 2020, 08:08:34 AM
Quote from: Hicks on September 02, 2020, 10:14:27 PM
Custied up for the Junta splatter and gave a bro a bill for it. 

HO

LEE

SHIT

This thing sounds amazeballs! Up there with the Lawnboy RE as one of the best sounding Phish records I've ever heard. Full on sounded like Trey was in my basement last night. 

If you see one at a reasonable price, scoop it.

is it different from the initial RSD release?

Yes I believe it's a new remaster by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on September 03, 2020, 12:31:06 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on September 03, 2020, 10:49:51 AM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 03, 2020, 10:22:43 AM
Beastie Boys releasing a "Greatest Hits" package!

https://shopus.beastieboys.com/collections/greatest-hits/products/beastie-boys-music-2lp

I just saw a "Target Exclusive" version on Clear/Red vinyl, too.

https://www.target.com/p/beastie-boys-beastie-boys-music-target-exclusive-vinyl/-/A-81118236?AFID=UMUSIC

Not too excited about their third greatest hits package, but if I see it at Target I'll probably grab it.

The Sounds of Science is all I require to get me by.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 03, 2020, 12:31:56 PM

https://shopus.beastieboys.com/collections/greatest-hits/products/beastie-boys-music-2lp

https://www.target.com/p/beastie-boys-beastie-boys-music-target-exclusive-vinyl/-/A-81118236?AFID=UMUSIC

Not too excited about their third greatest hits package, but if I see it at Target I'll probably grab it.

Yeah, got the massive vinyl box of that.

Also, when it came out you could make your own compilation of tracks and they printed them up and sent them to you. It was really cool you could pick from all the singles with remixes and B-sides. So I made my own two CD rarities comp, which is noice. 

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Hicks on September 03, 2020, 01:15:03 PM

Also, when it came out you could make your own compilation of tracks and they printed them up and sent them to you. It was really cool you could pick from all the singles with remixes and B-sides. So I made my own two CD rarities comp, which is noice.

Care to share?

Hicks

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 03, 2020, 01:29:54 PM
Quote from: Hicks on September 03, 2020, 01:15:03 PM

Care to share?

I'm heading to the beach tomorrow morning for the weekend, but I can work on it next week. 

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

Started to write this in the Sigma Oasis thread but really more a Vinyl thread question:

Is there anything special or interesting about split-color or splattered pressing when every fucking album has a split colored or splattered pressing?

I recognize that these tend to be limited but does that really reflect in the aftermarket pricing and, if you don't sell records, why does that even matter?

How many versions of Junta exist now?

mattstick

I hate myself a little bit every time I take a record out it's sleeve and it's not black.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 11, 2020, 09:23:33 AM
Started to write this in the Sigma Oasis thread but really more a Vinyl thread question:

Is there anything special or interesting about split-color or splattered pressing when every fucking album has a split colored or splattered pressing?

I recognize that these tend to be limited but does that really reflect in the aftermarket pricing and, if you don't sell records, why does that even matter?

I could not agree more with this sentiment. I could care less if I get the limited splatter and almost prefer getting the black vinyl.
Now my girls always find the colored vinyl pretty but that's about it in my house.
And don't even get me started on picture discs.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 11, 2020, 10:12:29 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 11, 2020, 09:23:33 AM

I could not agree more with this sentiment. I could care less if I get the limited splatter and almost prefer getting the black vinyl.
Now my girls always find the colored vinyl pretty but that's about it in my house.
And don't even get me started on picture discs.

Most of them sound like shit. But you can frame them and put them up in your man cave.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

I think I own a few picture discs but I have no interest in getting more.
Waste of shelf space.

That's enough surly bullshit from me.

Is it a good sign when your wife send you links to various Kallax configurations?