News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/02 - Dick's Sporting Goods Park - Denver, CO Post Show Discussion and Review

Started by aphineday, September 03, 2012, 01:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aphineday

Set I: Cars Trucks Buses, AC/DC Bag > Down With Disease, Bathtub Gin, Nellie Kane, Sample In A Jar, Back On The Train, Rift, Free, Ride Captain Ride, Maze, Hailey's Comet, 46 Days, Possum

Set II: Sand > Ghost > Piper > 20 Years Later > The Lizards, Harry Hood

E: Character Zero
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

aphineday

Solid, solid weekend.
Wow, I'll take a 6 song second set for damn sure!
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Gumbo72203

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Lifeboy

Just listened to Sand > Ghost. Sand was pretty cool.

Ghost sucked.

Has anyone noticed how Page has been pretty much absent the entire weekend? His playing has been pretty lackluster IMO....

That said, these last 3 shows have been fantastic. I'm so happy the band is jamming.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

WhatstheUse?

Killer second set. Super good flow, and great jams. Could have done w/o 20 Years Later bjt that's my only real complaint.

Probably the best 3 night run I've ever seen. Every night had some great highlights, so happy!!
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Itsnotanexperience

wow.....they really got better and better from June thru September.    Looks like a great show by the second set.   Anxious to check it out.

VDB

Quote from: Lifeboy on September 03, 2012, 03:19:31 AM

Ghost sucked.

Has anyone noticed how Page has been pretty much absent the entire weekend? His playing has been pretty lackluster IMO....

That said, these last 3 shows have been fantastic. I'm so happy the band is jamming.

I have to disagree, from what I've heard so far Page was right there, contributing nicely.
Is this still Wombat?

whatapiper

That 2nd set seems like a monster on paper.  Zero would have bummed me out to close the weekend and tour but they made up for it in other ways it seems. 

Super pumped for everyone at Dick's and thank you Phish for lighting a bit of a spark!
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

mattstick

Yup, that's vintage Phish. Moving through those themes, find ways to develop segues out of interesting jam spaces; Lizards, Hood to close? Yup.

Countdown to Dicks13 starts now.

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Lifeboy on September 03, 2012, 03:19:31 AM

Ghost sucked.

Nans, that opening 50 mins was the shit. Some of the finest music they have made in a long, long time.

I'm not convinced that this represents a turning point or that PHISH IS FUCKING BACK, but goddamn would I have been psyched to have been there.

On the whole I still give Friday night a leg up since last night's first set was such a throwaway, but this second set is some damn good Phish (no 3.0 disclaimer required).
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

whatapiper

Quote from: mattstick on September 03, 2012, 10:17:54 AM
Yup, that's vintage Phish. Moving through those themes, find ways to develop segues out of interesting jam spaces; Lizards, Hood to close? Yup.

Countdown to Dicks13 starts now.

Thinking the same, my son's birthday will fall on the Wednesday after Labor Day next year....
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

pcr3

Tale of two sets. First seemed like a mailed-in greatest hits cd. Second went right out there and stayed out there. I'm really glad I did the webcast the last two nights, something I pretty much swore off after the Alabama debacle
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3