News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/02 - Dick's Sporting Goods Park - Denver, CO Post Show Discussion and Review

Started by aphineday, September 03, 2012, 01:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roggae

Quote from: mattstick on September 03, 2012, 10:17:54 AM
Yup, that's vintage Phish. Moving through those themes, find ways to develop segues out of interesting jam spaces; Lizards, Hood to close? Yup.

Countdown to Dicks13 starts now.

This is almost verbatim what i said to my wife.

Clearly it's all awful.

whatapiper

Quote from: runawayjimbo on September 03, 2012, 10:43:28 AM
Quote from: Lifeboy on September 03, 2012, 03:19:31 AM
Just listened to Sand > Ghost. Sand was pretty cool.

Ghost sucked.

Has anyone noticed how Page has been pretty much absent the entire weekend? His playing has been pretty lackluster IMO....

That said, these last 3 shows have been fantastic. I'm so happy the band is jamming.

Nans, that opening 50 mins was the shit. Some of the finest music they have made in a long, long time.

I'm not convinced that this represents a turning point or that PHISH IS FUCKING BACK, but goddamn would I have been psyched to have been there.

On the whole I still give Friday night a leg up since last night's first set was such a throwaway, but this second set is some damn good Phish (no 3.0 disclaimer required).

Feels good that we can finally be agreeing on the fact that the phish has finally thrown us a bone.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

birdman

This tour started strong in Worcester and ended strong in Denver.
Easily the best tour of 3.0.
Paug FTMFW!

rowjimmy

I haven't heard the first set but the second set of this show was great on the webcast last night.

Superfreakie

Quote from: birdman on September 03, 2012, 10:38:05 AM

This.
My sis just moved to Vail. No way Im missing this next year

I'm in too. I contemplated going this year. Damn you contemplation.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

McGrupp

Quote from: Superfreakie on September 03, 2012, 12:00:52 PM

This.

I was just saying this last night. I'm going next year.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Superfreakie

Quote from: McGrupp on September 03, 2012, 12:19:39 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on September 03, 2012, 12:00:52 PM

This.

I was just saying this last night. I'm going next year.

::predicts epic 'paug 2013 throwdown in the Colorado Mountains::
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

WhatstheUse?

Loved in the sand jam when they finally returned to the sand theme after departing from it...then KEPT JAMMING! That sort of thing is so rare for a 3.0 show. Loves it.
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Have they ever played 20+ min jams at three shows in a row in the 3.0 era?

Seems unlikely to me. 

I'd love to say we are at the beginning of something new here, but I think the bands touring schedule kind of precludes any real growth.  Now they have a  nearly four months of not playing together and theres a good chance that the progression we say this summer will be undone.

Also as encouraging as this run was and in many ways the return of the "real Phish" it's easy to forget that the band kind of got lost between SF and Dicks with a string of forgettable shows in the SE. 

So maybe a fall tour next year to capitalize on the gains from the summer? 

Cmon Phish, let's do this. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Itsnotanexperience

Quote from: Hicks on September 03, 2012, 03:12:28 PM
Have they ever played 20+ min jams at three shows in a row in the 3.0 era?

Seems unlikely to me. 

I'd love to say we are at the beginning of something new here, but I think the bands touring schedule kind of precludes any real growth.  Now they have a  nearly four months of not playing together and theres a good chance that the progression we say this summer will be undone.

Also as encouraging as this run was and in many ways the return of the "real Phish" it's easy to forget that the band kind of got lost between SF and Dicks with a string of forgettable shows in the SE. 

So maybe a fall tour next year to capitalize on the gains from the summer? 

Cmon Phish, let's do this.

I'm sure there will be additional shit sandwiches such as the KC show in the future, but maybe not.   Maybe they continue down this path.    There have been no shows with consecutive, 20+ jams in 3.0 prior to this leg.  That tells me Trey may actually like improv again. Time off shouldn't change that.

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

aphineday

I could give a shit what they do in the first set if they want to play second sets like this one.
So much better... I hope they are starting to get how much happier people are when they play like that... man oh man.
Fingers crossed that they can remember.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...