News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/28 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mbw, December 28, 2012, 11:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

PHiSH
12/28 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY

I
Stealing Time from the Faulty Plan, The Moma Dance, Funky Bitch, Army of One, Tube, Stash, Nellie Cane, Kill Devil Falls,
Free, Wolfman's Brother > The Little Drummer Boy > Wolfman's Brother

II
Tweezer > Maze, Twist*, Theme from the Bottom > Fluffhead, David Bowie

E
Bouncing Around the Room, Good Times Bad Times

*w/The Little Drummer Boy Teases

Notes: The Little Drummer Boy was played for the first time since April 16, 2004 (187 Shows)

Gumbo72203

First post.

Highlight include Tube, a GREAT Stash, Free, and the maniacal Wolfman's madness from Set 1. 

Set 2 is one giant highlight, save for Fluffhead.  The Bowie is incredible... truly weird jamming.  Serious early 90's shit.  Check out the ending, too. 

Tweezer. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

whatapiper

This is my first look at the complete setlist and damn that second set could be $$.  Is it as good as it looks?
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

ytowndan

Quote from: whatapiper on December 29, 2012, 12:00:12 AM
This is my first look at the complete setlist and damn that second set could be $$.  Is it as good as it looks?

I only listened to the second set, but I enjoyed it.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

Superfreakie

Looks like a standard 3.0 set.

Glad to see they held off until the 'paugers to arrive. Then the party get's a rollin'.  :crazy:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

antelope19

Did you delete the first post show thread? Anyway, second set looks sweet on paper.

ISO 2 for tomorrow night.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

whatapiper

Quote from: Superfreakie on December 29, 2012, 12:16:53 AM
Looks like a standard 3.0 set.

Glad to see they held off until the 'paugers to arrive. Then the party get's a rollin'.  :crazy:

First set I agree but if 6 song second sets are standard 3.0 then things are a little brighter now. 
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

McGrupp

Quote from: antelope19 on December 29, 2012, 12:19:30 AM
Did you delete the first post show thread? Anyway, second set looks sweet on paper.

PRETTY sure I'll have one for ya. No guarantees yet. Let's see if caravan can dig up a 2nd one.

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

Undermind

Just go home from watching it at my my friends' house with a few people.  Good times.  Looking forward to hearing the Wolfman's and the Tweezer.  I thought the Tweezer jam was very similar to the DCU Boogie On jam, which is fine by me.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

antelope19

Quote from: McGrupp on December 29, 2012, 12:25:06 AM

PRETTY sure I'll have one for ya. No guarantees yet. Let's see if caravan can dig up a 2nd one.

Awesome. Please shoot me a txt or call BEFORE you put any $$$ into it on my behalf. Wife was waffling before she fell asleep.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

McGrupp

Quote from: antelope19 on December 29, 2012, 12:40:17 AM
Quote from: McGrupp on December 29, 2012, 12:25:06 AM

Awesome. Please shoot me a txt or call BEFORE you put any $$$ into it on my behalf. Wife was waffling before she fell asleep.

Eh, I've already inquired. It'll find a home no matter what. No sweat.

mistercharlie

A six song second set filled with songs from the Pre-hiatus era? Yes, please, I'll have that, thank you.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.