News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

A Song of Ice and Fire Thread

Started by GBL, July 13, 2013, 01:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

Quote from: blatboom on July 14, 2013, 08:48:35 PM
you want to hear what reads like a terrible ominous bit of foreshadowing regarding Arya?
I get sad whenever I think about it...

all the way back in her first POV chapter in A Game of Thrones, page 75 in my version...

after Arya runs away from her needlework with the Septa and other girls she finds Jon watching the boys spar in the yard. when it's over Jon says to Arya (keeping in mind this is before he's given her Needle):

QuoteYou had best run back to your room, little sister.  Septa Mordane will surely be lurking.  The longer you hide, the sterner the penance.  You'll be sewing all through winter.  When the spring thaw comes, they'll find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers.

:cry:

I won't say she won't die, but him planting seeds of how it happens that early in the series seems unlikely

If this is love, I'm never going home..

blatboom

idk I give him more credit than that I guess.  I feel like he has always had the overall story arcs of his main characters plotted out, even if he hadn't fleshed out how they get there

the language in that excerpt is so specific to me (a "Needle" locked in her hand; winter thawing to spring, which is exactly how the story is going to play out in the final two books) that I think it's pretty brilliant foreshadowing but we shall see

rowjimmy

Quote from: blatboom on July 15, 2013, 09:44:57 AM
idk I give him more credit than that I guess.  I feel like he has always had the overall story arcs of his main characters plotted out, even if he hadn't fleshed out how they get there

the language in that excerpt is so specific to me (a "Needle" locked in her hand; winter thawing to spring, which is exactly how the story is going to play out in the final two books) that I think it's pretty brilliant foreshadowing but we shall see

I hate that I agree with you.

But... live by the sword die by the sword.

blatboom

I really enjoy browsing about the gallery of foreign edition book covers on GRRM's website. some really great imagery [along with some that are hilariously out of context with the story]

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/all-books/cover-gallery/a-song-of-ice-and-fire/

barnesy305

That last one wants to be Frazetta so bad.

blatboom

um this one could probably use a SPOILER ALERT stamp or something

PIE-GUY

I don't know what this thread is about - but every time it pops up in my unreads I get A Case of Ice and Snow in my head.

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

blatboom

GBL

That cover with Tyrion is pretty cool (I think that's suppose to be him, lol)

blatboom

yeah I like both of those up there a lot.

the foreign editions get all the cool covers and we get crap like this,

GBL

I like how the maps in each book keep getting more and more detailed..

Can't wait to see what they look like in affc

blatboom

very true and it follows through to the hardcover aDwD, best maps by far

GBL

Took me and the lady at Barnes and noble 20 minutes to find this.  All we kept finding were the small paperbacks at first.

I gave her a hug and a high five when she found it

blatboom

gainesvillegreen

The fourth cover down, in whatever the hell language, with the wolf over the child, is nice.

Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.