News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Halloween 2021 Spectulation

Started by GBL, May 19, 2021, 08:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 25, 2021, 12:40:53 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 25, 2021, 12:28:42 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on May 25, 2021, 12:17:09 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 25, 2021, 11:59:31 AM
honestly, I'm hoping for a Bob Dylan album. There are so many to choose from.

Right now I'm listening to Street Legal from 1978. It would be so fucking great. Lots of space for big Phishy jams. Great gospel backup vocals that the three ladies who sang on the Bowie set could kill. Plus most people won't know it well...it's like Kasvot Vaxt all over again. "Is this really a Dylan album or are they just fucking with us again?"

Dylan is a good call. His 80th bday year. They could play John Wesley Harding and do for the rest of the album what Hendrix did for Watchtower.

I'm sayin'.  If they put as much time into reimagining a Dylan album as they did creating Thrilling/Chilling or Kasvot... it would be fucking amazing!

Totally not gonna happen but they should play Desire so we can all get "Hurricane" in our 50% club stat block.

Well. I still say it's gonna be All Things Must Pass (which actually includes a Dylan song, come to think of it).

Caravan2001

Cheap Trick "Dream Police" or "Heaven Tonight"...not sure if they could pull it off, but maybe.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 25, 2021, 12:40:53 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 25, 2021, 12:28:42 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on May 25, 2021, 12:17:09 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 25, 2021, 11:59:31 AM
honestly, I'm hoping for a Bob Dylan album. There are so many to choose from.

Right now I'm listening to Street Legal from 1978. It would be so fucking great. Lots of space for big Phishy jams. Great gospel backup vocals that the three ladies who sang on the Bowie set could kill. Plus most people won't know it well...it's like Kasvot Vaxt all over again. "Is this really a Dylan album or are they just fucking with us again?"

Dylan is a good call. His 80th bday year. They could play John Wesley Harding and do for the rest of the album what Hendrix did for Watchtower.

I'm sayin'.  If they put as much time into reimagining a Dylan album as they did creating Thrilling/Chilling or Kasvot... it would be fucking amazing!

Totally not gonna happen but they should play Desire so we can all get "Hurricane" in our 50% club stat block.

Dylan would be awesome but I can't get behind Street Legal, sorry PG.
Desire or Hard Rain would be sick.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

tet

said it on twitter, I think it's going to be a newer album, or something from the 90s at least.

Beck - Midnite Vultures is my call.  they would get some fuckin horns up there and CRUSH this album!!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

sunrisevt

tet, I can tell you're serious about this suggestion, and well, should it come to pass ...

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

tet

Quote from: sunrisevt on May 25, 2021, 06:10:29 PM
tet, I can tell you're serious about this suggestion, and well, should it come to pass ...

lmfao, I meant to edit the post, not quote it! that was a damn good hit of oil I had before I guess!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

sunrisevt

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

:smoke:

:beers:
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

WhatstheUse?

I really think Midnight Vultures would be an amazing choice. It would just be such a sick dance party.  The songs are all pretty basic and could all be grooved on hard.

I don?t really see it happenning but Id be so down. Way more than some classic rawk album.
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: sunrisevt on May 25, 2021, 06:10:29 PM

You wouldn't be alone there!  :wtu:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

Not that I think it'll ever happen, but I thought of this one, which made me remember this soundcheck:
https://soundcloud.com/soopa/phish-starship-trooper-jam

mistercharlie

I love that soundcheck. Their cover of Kids is awesome too!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

westcider

Quote from: khalpin on June 04, 2021, 02:13:42 PM
Not that I think it'll ever happen, but I thought of this one, which made me remember this soundcheck:

too bad they didn't jam the original instead of the late 70s Rick-blows-his-load-on-everything version

khalpin

Quote from: westcider on June 18, 2021, 07:41:32 PM
Quote from: khalpin on June 04, 2021, 02:13:42 PM

too bad they didn't jam the original instead of the late 70s Rick-blows-his-load-on-everything version
Are you saying you don't like the Wembley Wurm?

westcider

I've gotten used to it, I guess.  my friends still make fun of me for this. we had a video of that show back in the late 90s, and the first time we watched it, I had seen the setlist, I was looking forward to it the whole time.  when Rick walked out with the 100 pound keytar I completely freaked out, started yelling and throwing shit.  it felt like he had shoved Steve off the stage.

now mind you, I'm a keyboard player and I love Rick Wakeman.  I only have one Model D and my Mellotron is digital, but a lot of what I do and what I do it on is heavily influenced by him (top five along with Herbie, Bernie, Page, and Rick Wright).  but the Wurm is all about the guitar solo.   that version makes it an afterthought.  Phish completely stopped when they got there.

on topic, if Phish does one of the classic prog albums, I think it should be Red.

ETA the pain and peril of top five lists, I had to leave off McCoy Tyner, Tony Banks, Chick, Keith Jarrett and Don Airey

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..