News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The RUMOR MILL THREAD for **ALL RUMORS** [individual threads will be deleted]

Started by redrum, November 29, 2008, 09:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

well, i'm not a huge fan of rumors but since it's looking like we won't have to wait all that long to find out if they're true or not, we might as well have them all in one thread.

-------------

the following was posted today on
http://phishthoughts.com/

QuoteWith so much excitement in the air around next summer, the rumors continue to roll in.  I have heard a few new things recently.  First, expect a month long tour mostly in June, including two nights at Alpine at the end of the month (6/25 & 6/26?).  An appearance at the mega-sized Rothbury Festival in Michigan seems like it will compliment the band's slot at Bonnaroo.  Obviously, rumors are just rumors until we see dates on Phish.com, but to summarize what has been reported :

-Red Rocks 4 nights around July 4th

-The Gorge 3 nights

-Shoreline 3 nights

-Alpine 2 nights

-Bonnaroo and Rothbury

-Approximately a month long tour anchored in June

sounds like things could get really exciting in our world fairly soon.   :banana:
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Marmar

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

blatboom

there's no way they can play RR.  I just don't see how they think that will work

rowjimmy

Undermind

I'm really hoping the Limestone rumors are correct and the 'roo and rothbury are incorrect!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loring_Air_Force_Base
(Read Post Base Usage section)
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

redrum

Quote from: deuce2_420 on November 29, 2008, 11:45:46 AM
I'm really hoping the Limestone rumors are correct and the 'roo and rothbury are incorrect!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loring_Air_Force_Base
(Read Post Base Usage section)

QuoteThe airfield at Loring Commerce Center was used by the popular jam-band Phish, to hold its massive festival concerts, "The Great Went" in 1997, the Lemonwheel in 1998 and "It" in 2003. Estimated attendance was 65,000 and 60,000 concert-goers respectively and Phish was the only band at both events. Fans camped on-site in tents, creating a community of fans that became the second largest city in Maine during both events.

Phish is reportedly planning another festival at the base, name yet to be determined, to close out their upcoming Summer 2009 tour.

nice find, deuce.

---

Declan

Quote from: Marmar on November 29, 2008, 10:14:33 AM
if that does happen.....I'll....all the way there.....

bahahahah

and i thought someone showed us that wiki limestone thing a while ago?
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

McGrupp

Well we've discussed the bonnaroo thing and I know there are mixed feelings about it. Personally I'd prefer to not see phish play a mega-festival, and they're sure as hell not going to play any small festivals (duh).

I can't see how the rothbury rumor could have ANY validity at all since there's speculation about whether or not the fest is going to even HAPPEN again, so I'm skeptical about that one.

Keep the rumors coming though, they're fun to think about.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

ytowndan

Quote from: Marmar on November 29, 2008, 10:14:33 AM
if that does happen.....I'll....all the way there.....

:lol:

I'll meet ya half way, and we'll ride the Multi-Beast to back to Morrison. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

WhatstheUse?

rumors? Me likey rumors.....

It would be a dream come true to see Phish @ the Gorge or Red Rocks (well seeing Phish is a dream come true in itself, this would just be icing on the cake)

Although RR would most likely be a mess, I would not at all be surprised to see it on their tour.  Is it true that there is no longer camping at RR for shows? I thought I remember hearing that here awhile back.....

The bonnaroo rumor seems to be growing on me as well, at first I was opposed to the idea but the more I think about it the more I'm liking it.... I would never go to B-roo otherwise, so Phish would give me a good excuse to check it out....
Bring in the dude!

Marmar

you mean Phish at Bonerzoo?

no....really, no. If they sell out, and do one of these ghey mega-festi's, they'll lose all my respect....in the 20 previous years they never had to sell out, and if they do now then we'll know why they're *really* back.....

Declan

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

sls.stormyrider

How about  :phish: at Fenway?

Every summer they have 1 concert there, they try to make it "significant" for the area if possible.

(ducks)
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

redrum

the thought of waiting in BonerZoo traffic to see phish play 1 set.... i can't even finish this sentenc......

:frustrated:

---