News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Dungeons & Dragons

Started by rowjimmy, September 12, 2012, 10:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

RJ, i now can add to my vision ive had of us sitting in wheel chairs listenin to the dead in 50 years.
we will also be playin d and d, lol.
::grandpa simpson voice::
--"stop cheatin RJ! i saw you roll that 1! i aint blind yet!"
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Superfreakie

I used to spend days sketching and drawing my characters.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Superfreakie on September 20, 2012, 12:26:56 AM

I liked to spend my spare time crafting quests, drawing out the maps and devising various traps to set throughout the quests.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 20, 2012, 04:34:27 AM

I liked to spend my spare time crafting quests, drawing out the maps and devising various traps to set throughout the quests.

I'm not much of an artist so the sketching never worked out for me.
Building an adventure, however, with detailed maps and location descriptions was more my speed. I'm currently DM for my group and it's been quite an interesting challenge.

Quote from: VA $l!m on September 20, 2012, 12:00:00 AM
RJ, i now can add to my vision ive had of us sitting in wheel chairs listenin to the dead in 50 years.
we will also be playin d and d, lol.
::grandpa simpson voice::
--"stop cheatin RJ! i saw you roll that 1! i aint blind yet!"

Sounds like a plan. My wife will probably be tired of rolling her eyes at me by then.

VA $l!m

i actually have a great folder here at the house full of mine and some of my friends.
ill try and scan some stuff to show yall for some kicks.

rowjimmy

rowjimmy

Keeping it real at the table:

blatboom

not D&D but it is TSR and therefore super nerdy...

in a fit of drunken nostalgia I bought a near-mint Buck Rogers Battle for the 25th Century board game off eBay. it was hands down my favorite game for a long time and I'm feeling no buyer's remorse at the moment. anybody else ever play? it's kinda like RISK but with a StarCraft twist. I think I might run a game with myself right now

rowjimmy

barnesy305

Quote from: blatboom on December 13, 2012, 08:25:42 PM

in a fit of drunken nostalgia I bought a near-mint Buck Rogers Battle for the 25th Century board game off eBay. it was hands down my favorite game for a long time and I'm feeling no buyer's remorse at the moment. anybody else ever play? it's kinda like RISK but with a StarCraft twist. I think I might run a game with myself right now

I can probably be talked into playing.

nab

Alright,  it's not TSR or DD, but I thought this picture belonged in this thread anyway.

blatboom

Quote from: barnesy305 on December 14, 2012, 11:15:30 AM

boo ya. it's great, didn't get to play last night but I started refreshing my memory on the basics

VA $l!m

who are you kidding?
you could probably talked into doing most anything!

barnesy305

Quote from: VA $l!m on December 14, 2012, 06:18:17 PM

who are you kidding?
you could probably talked into doing most anything!

True story.

Mr. Natural

New book - "Of Dice and Men: The Story of Dungeons & Dragons and the People Who Play It"
http://www.amazon.com/Of-Dice-Men-Dungeons-Dragons/dp/1451640501
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit