News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

1997/07/21 - Virginia Beach Amphitheater - Virginia Beach, VA - Not LST

Started by Hicks, May 19, 2020, 08:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

:phish:
7-21-1997
Virginia Beach Amphitheater
Virginia Beach, VA

Set I: Ghost > Dog Stole Things > Piper, Dirt, Ginseng Sullivan, Bathtub Gin# > Character Zero

Set II: Wolfman's Brother* > Magilla > David Bowie%, Wading in the Velvet Sea, Theme from the Bottom > Jam^@ > Funky Bitch^, Slave to the Traffic Light

E: Loving Cup

# with Drowned teases and new songs recap by Trey

* with Bathtub Gin tease

% with Birdland jam

^ with Leroi Moore

@ with LeRoi on two saxes, Trey on three guitars, Mike on two basses and Cracklin' Rosie cymbals, Fish with four drumsticks and Page lying across his keyboards playing with his hands and feet
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

Is hanging out on the paug still a thing, or will this just be me in here all alone drinking in solitude?
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Hicks on May 19, 2020, 08:12:17 PM
Is hanging out on the paug still a thing, or will this just be me in here all alone drinking in solitude?

I'm here.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

I'm with you tonight. Got the wife still up for part of set I. After 9 it's me and Phish and The Paug! This feels like '09 with the LST anticipation and '97 with the fact that we're about to get FUNKED UP!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on May 19, 2020, 08:11:37 PM
7-21-1997
Virginia Beach, VA

Set I:

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I love the empty setlist... What will they play?!?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 19, 2020, 08:15:24 PM
Quote from: Hicks on May 19, 2020, 08:11:37 PM
7-21-1997
Virginia Beach, VA

Set I:

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

I love the empty setlist... What will they play?!?

I purposely have not looked at the setlist since the announcement so I'm going in somewhat blind.

All I can really remember about this show is that an epic Gin and Ghost will happen at some point.

mistercharlie

I applaud you efforts. I have listened to this show many times. I had a great copy on a couple of XLII's back when. It's a setlist I don't forget.

Bobafett

I'm in.   I made a donation to the waterwheel to let em know we love the 1.0 never before seen pick.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

mistercharlie

anthrax

WhatstheUse?

Let's do this!  Haven't been this psyched for a stream in quite some time/ever!
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Hicks