News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2019-06-30 BB&T Pavilion - Post Show Discussion

Started by aphineday, June 30, 2019, 11:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcr3

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 01, 2019, 11:31:36 AM
Quote from: shoreline99 on July 01, 2019, 11:29:10 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 01, 2019, 11:23:03 AM
Funny how they avoid all the new tunes and it's instantly a smoker/killer/barnburner of a show!

Not to say it wasn't.... it's just... funny how much better this set list looks than anything else this summer.

eta: Sick encore. There's very few Tweeprize-less Tweezer shows in the past 10 years. I feel like they've only omitted it a couple of times in 3.0...

Yeah, only a handful. We got the double tweeprise in Hartford a few years ago, that was fun.

Hell yeah we did  :rawk:

Which also led to the Tweeprise opener at the next show, SPAC....... hmmmmmmmm.......  :smoke:

Which also led to a Tweeprise closer at that next SPAC show.  I think you're onto something...  :wtu:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

tet

Quote from: pcr3 on July 01, 2019, 12:57:42 PM
Funny how they avoid all the new tunes and it's instantly a smoker/killer/barnburner of a show!

Not to say it wasn't.... it's just... funny how much better this set list looks than anything else this summer.

eta: Sick encore. There's very few Tweeprize-less Tweezer shows in the past 10 years. I feel like they've only omitted it a couple of times in 3.0...

Yeah, only a handful. We got the double tweeprise in Hartford a few years ago, that was fun.

Which also led to the Tweeprise opener at the next show, SPAC....... hmmmmmmmm.......  :smoke:

Which also led to a Tweeprise closer at that next SPAC show.  I think you're onto something...  :wtu:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

tet

Quote from: tet on July 01, 2019, 12:47:15 PM
haven't had a chance to listen to last night again yet, but any idea what licks Trey kept playing towards the end of the last few songs?  were they just signals to end the song, or was it some song i'm missing?

ok just listened to those parts - was he playing a little bit of Bowie??
-Phish

aphineday

Quote from: tet on July 01, 2019, 01:19:30 PM
haven't had a chance to listen to last night again yet, but any idea what licks Trey kept playing towards the end of the last few songs?  were they just signals to end the song, or was it some song i'm missing?

ok just listened to those parts - was he playing a little bit of Bowie??
Relistening now...
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

PIE-GUY

I think it was just a theme he stumbled into during 20 Yrs Later and kept repeating later in the show... Could have been one they played in private that became an inside joke as the night went on... he kept looking at Fish who would giggle every time he played it again.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

Who is making those little water drop sounds (best way I could describe it, it kicks in at 7:11) at the beginning of the Reba jam? It sounds like it could be a Trey loop or some kind of reverb effect? It doesnt sound like he really plays with it to make a loop via the boomerang but its more of a added layer effect....Really dig it!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: emay on July 01, 2019, 05:07:23 PM
Who is making those little water drop sounds (best way I could describe it, it kicks in at 7:11) at the beginning of the Reba jam? It sounds like it could be a Trey loop or some kind of reverb effect? It doesnt sound like he really plays with it to make a loop via the boomerang but its more of a added layer effect....Really dig it!

It's Fish with his new little electronic drum pad. That's where the random Gong comes from, too.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

tet

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 01, 2019, 03:20:51 PM

I think it was just a theme he stumbled into during 20 Yrs Later and kept repeating later in the show... Could have been one they played in private that became an inside joke as the night went on... he kept looking at Fish who would giggle every time he played it again.
ah yeah I do hear it there too.  an inside/practice room joke would make the most sense - I noticed the glances back too.  so glad they are having fun on this tour - really seem to be in their element!
-Phish

Hicks

Just getting started with this, WOW, most legit FEFY since the 90s? Trey's tone was on point for that!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Yup, that happened and was pretty awesome.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Bobafett

I will concur that this is a real muscular show.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Caravan2001

It's def the first show where I felt excited with each new song they started  (first set) or even caught off guard  (second set).  In particular, was not expecting the BBFCM, the Tweezer or the CDT.  Or the WTU for that matter.  I would have put money on PYITE>Tweeprise

emay

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 01, 2019, 07:43:52 PM
Quote from: emay on July 01, 2019, 05:07:23 PM

It's Fish with his new little electronic drum pad. That's where the random Gong comes from, too.

ahh yeah. thanks!