News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Eddie Van Halen

Started by Buffalo Budd, October 06, 2020, 03:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Just heard.  :cry:

The man who changed the way a guitar could be played. He was a true legend.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

He's the reason I got a guitar for Christmas back in 1981.  So happy that I finally got to see him on the reunion tour back in 2007.  Not only one of the greatest innovators ever but he pretty much wrote everything in their catalog.

antelope19

:cry:

One of the first guitarists that ever made me truly take notice. I'll never forget my dad playing drums and air guitaring to 1984 in his car when we were kids. I was the same age as my oldest right now when that album came out.

Fuck this year!
Fuck cancer!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

Completely opened my ears to the electric guitar. I was into music and all about songs before I heard EVH. After... Guitars suddenly mattered.

pcr3

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 06, 2020, 04:35:55 PM
Completely opened my ears to the electric guitar. I was into music and all about songs before I heard EVH. After... Guitars suddenly mattered.

Never thought about it before, but I'd say that 1984 totally started my love of guitar as well.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mbw

Damn.  RIP to one of the greats!

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Hicks

Dude that sucks!

My cousin and I used to rollerskate to Jump and Panama back in the day. 

Good memories, RIP
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sunrisevt

RIP

Excellent recent interview here:

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

mbw

Buffalo Budd

Please no one post Panama with Bo Bice.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

Today when I got to work I opened my Amazon Music and started a Van Halen station. It started out with Jump and then the second song the station chose to play was Queen, Another One Bites The Dust. Oddly fitting.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.