News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Show Listened To?

Started by August, April 06, 2006, 03:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Third time in as many days. I need a lossless sbd audio of this.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Better Motörhead than Dead: Live at Hammersmith

As luck would have it I was in London at the time and was able to score a ticket for face outside the venue. Loudest gig I ever attended.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Dudes, some Dutch alt-rock for you all. Been following these guys since their first album - released 10 years ago. Fuck I am getting old. Got tix for two of their club shows later this year. This show was filmed at the Lowlands Festival this year
Twitter | FB | Instagram

gainesvillegreen

09/22/99
PAN AMERICAN CENTER
Las Cruces, NM
Soundcheck: Dickie Scotland Song, Dirt (several times)
SET 1: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Chalk Dust Torture, Guelah Papyrus, Axilla, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, Beauty of My Dreams, Bathtub Gin, Mozambique, Sand, Waste
SET 2: Gotta Jibboo, Ghost > Taste, Brian and Robert, Mike's Song > Simple > Train Song, Weekapaug Groove
ENCORE: La Grange

Ghost contained a Sand tease from Mike and Weekapaug contained a 2001 tease from Trey. The soundcheck featured the impromptu Dickie Scotland Song in reference to Phish Tour Manager Richard "Dickie Scotland" Glasgow, who attended New Mexico State University in Las Cruces. The song included a theme about the school's mascot, the Aggie, referenced fellow NMSU alumnus David "ZZYZX" Steinberg (a.k.a. The Timer) with the lyric "Timer is an Aggie, too," contained Hava Nagila and Money quotes from Trey and ended with a How Many More Times tease from Trey and Mike. This debut performance was included in Kevin Shapiro's "From the Archives" radio show at Big Cypress.

I don't always listen to 1999, but when I do, I like it to sound like this Ghost....
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

QuoteArtist: Billy Strings
Date: 2019-12-21
Venue: Marathon Music Hall, Nashville, TN

Second Annual "String The Halls" Benefit Concert
(First Annual Benefit Was Not Officially Released)

Livedownloads.com FLAC16-44

Special Guests Include:
Kris Myers
Dave Bruzza
Molly Tuttle
Sierra Hull
Larry Keel
Lindsay Lou
Jack Pearson
Michael Cleveland
Jenni Lyn
Bela Fleck
Abigail Washburn
And Many More!

Set One:
01-Sled Ridin 5:31
02-Moonshiners 4:26 (With Molly Tuttle)
03-Friend And A Friend 5:02 (With Molly Tuttle)
04-Burn Another Candle 4:45 (With Jenni Lyn)
05-Rolling In My Sweet Babys Arms 5:10 (With Jenni Lyn)
06-Christmas Times Coming 4:49 (With Larry Keel And Michael Cleveland)
07-Big Mon 5:02 (With Larry Keel And Michael Cleveland)
08-Beautiful Star Of Bethlehem 4:55 (With Lindsay Lou)
09-Harlan 5:03 (With Bela Fleck And Abigail Washburn)
10-Nobody's Fault But Mine 8:46
11-Sleigh Ride 6:37 (With Bela Fleck And Kris Myers)
12-Black Clouds 14:06 (With Bela Fleck And Kris Myers)
13-Christmas Lullaby 4:18 (Doc Watson Cover)
14-Santa Train 4:10 (With Michael Cleveland And Sierra Hull)
15-Vamp In The Middle 6:58 (With Dave Bruzza)
16-Footprints In The Snow 4:02 (ZBill Monroe Cover)
17-Sally Goodin' 9:32 (With Michael Cleveland)

Set Two:
01-Jingle Bell Rock 6:11 (With Kris Myers)
02-Johnny B. Goode 6:35 (Chuck Berry Cover)
03-Everyday I Have The Blues 6:20 (B.B. King Cover With Jack Pearson)
04-In Memory Of Elizabeth 14:18 (With Jack Pearson)
05-Do Whats Right 8:33
06-Wings for Wheels 6:08 (Greensky Bluegrass Cover With Dave Bruzza)
07-That's What Love Will Make You Do 11:08
08-Good Times, Bad Times 4:53 (Led Zeppelin Cover)
09-The Shape I'm In 7:52 (The Band Cover)
10-Fire 6:14 (Jimi Hendrix Cover)
11-Up On Cripple Creek 8:55 (The Band Cover)
12-Iko, Iko 8:24 (Traditional)
13-Chunk Of Gold 7:44 (Johnny Cash Cover)
Encore:
14-I Saw the Light 8:47 (Hank Williams Cover With Many Guest)

Buffalo Budd

:phish:
12/28/1998
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
New York, NY

SET 1: Axilla > Stash, Farmhouse, Taste, Sleep[1], Albuquerque[1], Driver[1], Tube > Golgi Apparatus > Good Times Bad Times

SET 2: Carini > Wolfman's Brother, Birds of a Feather, When the Circus Comes, Quinn the Eskimo -> David Bowie

ENCORE: Been Caught Stealing

[1] Acoustic.
For the first show of the Holiday Run, the stage was decorated with flowers and sculptures. During the encore, parts of the set began to grow and sprout leaves. This stage setup was used for this show only, and disappeared for the rest of the run. Before Sleep, Fish's drum kit was moved to allow the crew to roll out a small mini-stage with a scaled-down drum set and a baby grand piano. Trey and Mike sat on stools and both played acoustic guitars. This acoustic set-up was used for Sleep, Albuquerque, and Driver. During the Wolfman's jam, three people in inchworm-like costumes came on stage and danced for the rest of the set. Bowie included a tease of the theme from The Godfather.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 09, 2020, 08:47:08 AM
:phish:
12/28/1998
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
New York, NY

SET 1: Axilla > Stash, Farmhouse, Taste, Sleep[1], Albuquerque[1], Driver[1], Tube > Golgi Apparatus > Good Times Bad Times

SET 2: Carini > Wolfman's Brother, Birds of a Feather, When the Circus Comes, Quinn the Eskimo -> David Bowie

ENCORE: Been Caught Stealing

[1] Acoustic.
For the first show of the Holiday Run, the stage was decorated with flowers and sculptures. During the encore, parts of the set began to grow and sprout leaves. This stage setup was used for this show only, and disappeared for the rest of the run. Before Sleep, Fish's drum kit was moved to allow the crew to roll out a small mini-stage with a scaled-down drum set and a baby grand piano. Trey and Mike sat on stools and both played acoustic guitars. This acoustic set-up was used for Sleep, Albuquerque, and Driver. During the Wolfman's jam, three people in inchworm-like costumes came on stage and danced for the rest of the set. Bowie included a tease of the theme from The Godfather.

This one is fun to revisit.

Buffalo Budd

QuotePHISH
07/07/1999
BLOCKBUSTER PAVILION
Charlotte, NC

Soundcheck: Loving Cup, Funky Bitch (slow), Back at the Chicken Shack, Water in the Sky, Sleep (electric), Back at the Chicken Shack (Trey Solo)

SET 1: Back on the Train, What's the Use?, Billy Breathes, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own > Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley[1], Axilla > Rift, Wolfman's Brother > Maze, Loving Cup

SET 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Down with Disease > My Left Toe -> Wading in the Velvet Sea -> My Left Toe > Bug > You Enjoy Myself

ENCORE: Possum[2] > Funky Bitch[2]

[1] No vocal jam.
[2] Derek Trucks on slide guitar.
Sneakin' Sally included a Super Bad tease from Trey and did not contain a vocal jam.

Awesome intro to this 2001, one of the best uses of the vacuum imo.
Pretty great Summer 99 show to sink your teeth into, things get weird at points in this one and Trucks just rips in this encore.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

jam>

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 05, 2020, 08:41:34 AM
QuotePHISH
07/07/1999
BLOCKBUSTER PAVILION
Charlotte, NC

Soundcheck: Loving Cup, Funky Bitch (slow), Back at the Chicken Shack, Water in the Sky, Sleep (electric), Back at the Chicken Shack (Trey Solo)

SET 1: Back on the Train, What's the Use?, Billy Breathes, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own > Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley[1], Axilla > Rift, Wolfman's Brother > Maze, Loving Cup

SET 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Down with Disease > My Left Toe -> Wading in the Velvet Sea -> My Left Toe > Bug > You Enjoy Myself

ENCORE: Possum[2] > Funky Bitch[2]

[1] No vocal jam.
[2] Derek Trucks on slide guitar.
Sneakin' Sally included a Super Bad tease from Trey and did not contain a vocal jam.

Awesome intro to this 2001, one of the best uses of the vacuum imo.
Pretty great Summer 99 show to sink your teeth into, things get weird at points in this one and Trucks just rips in this encore.

I was at this one. I should relisten. I remember a ton of smoke machine and mirk during 2001 I think it was.

Buffalo Budd

PHISH
07/12/1999
TWEETER CENTER
Mansfield, MA

Soundcheck: My Best Friend's Girlfriend, Centerfold, Dream On, Rift

SET 1: Foreplay/Long Time[1] > Down with Disease, Back on the Train, What's the Use?, Split Open and Melt, Water in the Sky > Character Zero

SET 2: Twist > The Moma Dance > Makisupa Policeman > David Bowie, The Lizards, Guyute

ENCORE: Rock and Roll

Foreplay/Long Time was played for the first time since December 9, 1994 (310 shows) and was the first time Phish had ever performed it electric. Guyute was followed by band introductions, including Mike as "Michael Jordan" and "Air Jordan."

One of the better performances of a cover, Trey even 'pretty much' nails the vocals.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 12, 2020, 12:17:43 PM
PHISH
07/12/1999
TWEETER CENTER
Mansfield, MA

SET 1: Foreplay/Long Time[1] > Down with Disease, Back on the Train, What's the Use?, Split Open and Melt, Water in the Sky > Character Zero

SET 2: Twist > The Moma Dance > Makisupa Policeman > David Bowie, The Lizards, Guyute

Foreplay/Long Time was played for the first time since December 9, 1994 (310 shows) and was the first time Phish had ever performed it electric. Guyute was followed by band introductions, including Mike as "Michael Jordan" and "Air Jordan."

One of the better performances of a cover, Trey even 'pretty much' nails the vocals.

I LOVED this two night stand. Had uncovered pavs one night and lawns the next I believe. The second night Wolfmans is one of the best ever played. Out of this world deep deep phunk.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Superfreakie on February 18, 2020, 01:41:15 AM
PHISH
07/12/1999
TWEETER CENTER
Mansfield, MA

I LOVED this two night stand. Had uncovered pavs one night and lawns the next I believe. The second night Wolfmans is one of the best ever played. Out of this world deep deep phunk.

I listened to the next night on Friday and that Wolfman's is indeed special, as is the Halley's and Reba.

jam>

Quote from: Superfreakie on February 18, 2020, 01:41:15 AM
PHISH
07/12/1999
TWEETER CENTER
Mansfield, MA

I was there. I have a soft spot for this Bowie that has a really nice quiet passage. I can see why it gets overlooked, but it's really great.