News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard Thread

Started by mistercharlie, April 07, 2018, 10:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Turntable Lab has released as limited run of blue Sketches of Brunswick East. Only 750 pressed.  It was an insta-buy for me as this is ne of my favorite albums by them and also such a great album in general.

https://www.turntablelab.com/products/king-gizzard-and-the-lizard-wizard-with-mild-high-club-sketches-of-brunswick-east-180g-colored-vinyl-vinyl-lp-turntable-lab-exclusive
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 17, 2019, 08:43:09 PM
Turntable Lab has released as limited run of blue Sketches of Brunswick East. Only 750 pressed.  It was an insta-buy for me as this is ne of my favorite albums by them and also such a great album in general.

https://www.turntablelab.com/products/king-gizzard-and-the-lizard-wizard-with-mild-high-club-sketches-of-brunswick-east-180g-colored-vinyl-vinyl-lp-turntable-lab-exclusive

Nice, on it.

Yeah great album, in retrospect probably my second favorite of the 2016 releases.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on September 17, 2019, 08:45:48 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on September 17, 2019, 08:43:09 PM

Nice, on it.

Yeah great album, in retrospect probably my second favorite of the 2016 releases.
Cool- thanks.  Snagged it as well.  That was the only one of the 2016 I didn't get- couldn't keep up!  Have it on digital obv but snagged this.  Thanks!

tet

grabbed one of those - thanks for the heads up!! 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mistercharlie

I got my blue Sketches in the mail today. It sounds fantastic and rounds out my 'not a single black wax' Gizz collection.

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 17, 2019, 08:45:54 PM
I got my blue Sketches in the mail today. It sounds fantastic and rounds out my 'not a single black wax' Gizz collection.

Mine came on Friday too.  Haven't cracked it open yet though.  Looks great.

tet

mine arrived too - looking forward to a listening session soon!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mistercharlie

Sketches really stands out in the Gizz catalogue. It's so vastly different from everything else and it is such a good album. I have been putting it on the turntable again and again when I'm making dinner this week.

Caravan2001

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 23, 2019, 08:01:58 PM
Sketches really stands out in the Gizz catalogue. It's so vastly different from everything else and it is such a good album. I have been putting it on the turntable again and again when I'm making dinner this week.

Finally busted it out today and it sounds incredible.  Such a good album.  Went to log it into my Discogs and def glad I bought it from TTL.  Shit's $50 plus now.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on October 24, 2019, 10:21:35 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on October 23, 2019, 08:01:58 PM

Finally busted it out today and it sounds incredible.  Such a good album.  Went to log it into my Discogs and def glad I bought it from TTL.  Shit's $50 plus now.

It's only gonna go up too. I don't think it'll ever reach the $200 that the white vinyl goes for, but it may reach $100.

mistercharlie

So this morning they put two live shows up on Bandcamp with all the proceeds going to help the fires in Australia. $10aud, which is just under $7usd. I bought them both for just under $15. Very worth it in my opinion.

One of them ends with a 30 minute Head On/Pill!!!
https://kinggizzard.bandcamp.com/album/live-in-adelaide-19

emay

:rawk: :rawk: :rawk:
saw that last night, will grab em this weekend.

mistercharlie

There's a bit of Moby Dick in Open Water. Even better, the Head On/Pill is a huge medley with lots of fluid jamming. I tried taking notes, but I couldn't keep up. ( :smoke: ) It was at least 'Hot Water -> Altered Beast -> Cellophane -> Flouride -> Am I In Heaven -> Cyboogie jam -> Rattlesnake Jam ->'. That's where I started losing track of what was going on.

These are some great shows!

Caravan2001

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 14, 2020, 07:22:10 PM
I snagged the first one.

Adelaide is the better of the two shows, so good choice.