News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/22 - Santa Barbara Bowl - Santa Barbara, CA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by mehead, October 23, 2014, 01:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

10/22/2014
Santa Barbara Bowl
Santa Barbara, CA

Set I: Soul Shakedown Party, The Wedge, Undermind, Horn, Ya Mar, Jesus Just Left Chicago, A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing, Winterqueen, My Friend, My Friend, Split Open and Melt, Walls of the Cave

Set II: Drowned > Theme From the Bottom -> Steam > Waves > 20 years Later > Scent of a Mule, 2001 > Mike's Song > Runaway Jim > Week4paug Groove

E: The Horse > Silent In the Morning, Run Like an Antelope
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

VDB

Night one's post-show thread went up at 9:45 pacific and this one at 10 pacific? Can that be right?
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on October 23, 2014, 10:44:01 AM
Night one's post-show thread went up at 9:45 pacific and this one at 10 pacific? Can that be right?

Yes, 6pm start times in Santa Barbara

rowjimmy

runawayjimbo

Quote from: mattstick on October 23, 2014, 10:56:50 AM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on October 23, 2014, 10:44:01 AM

Yes, 6pm start times in Santa Barbara

And the venue had a strict 10pm curfew.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

nab

Caravan2001

Great venue, pretty sweet first set but a fair amount of rust and slop.  I was about 15' from the stage.  The venue is gorgeous, I love SB, always have.  No complaints at all as far as the setting.  Soul Shakedown is always welcome and this was well played as was most of the first set.  Horn came off clean, Yamar is always fun.  I lost interest toward the end of the first set.  Was stoked when Drowned started and I was stoked but Mike forgets all the words.  Still some good parts in there.  Theme is the set highlight with the closing jam that leads into a sweet Steam segue, but Steam was a little rushed.  Mike's Song was a lot rushed.  Loved the unexpected Jim and it had some good parts.  the 2001 was short and forgettable but fun.  Week4paug is OK, but they crash and burn when they bring it to a close.  There was a lot of looking around at each other on the stage at this show.  While not a terrible show, but boy was there some rust.  No whale though, so that's good.  People thought it was a blazing show, and while I had an excellent time, there were too many fuck ups for me to say it was a sick show.  Not great, not bad, but very glad I went.  Saw emay from a distance but couldn't get over there.  I still think Eugene is the best show of the tour so far though this venue smoked it.

Augustus

Mike REFUSED to sing that first verse.
Page stepped up but it was too late to cover the fact that Mike hates Trey SO MUCH right now.

susep

The haunting, chanting jam in Mule is a nice nod to the 'ween set.