News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

1989_05_01 - Pearl Street Ballroom - Northhampton, MA - Discussion

Started by anthrax, July 07, 2020, 06:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

also, this set was fun to watch.

it's funny to imagine anyone in '89 watching this band and thinking, 'soon to be one of the biggest touring acts ever.'

Superfreakie

Quote from: khalpin on July 08, 2020, 04:28:08 PMPlus / is not a valid character in a filename.

ding, ding, mother fucking DING!

(but damn do I ever wish I could use / in my file names)
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: GBL on July 08, 2020, 04:47:33 PM
Year month day with dashes is fine

Year month day with back slashes is for psychopaths, or Europeans

I've always been a dash guy typically but I copy/pasta in most thread titles.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ph92

Quote from: cactusfan on July 08, 2020, 09:54:54 PM
i hate slashes and dashes.

it's periods, period.

for example.

i don't like 0s in there either. 1997.08.02 is wasting perfectly good 0s i could use somewhere else in life.
I can't hang with any of this. :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Dashes and YYYY-MM-DD no other way, otherwise all my folders get all fucked up and out of order. And even though I do use a computer, I feel that the year first just makes more sense for archival and organization purposes.

I actually hate spaces in folder/filenames, but that's just a Linux thing. Blank space is a bitch.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

rowjimmy

Quote from: khalpin on July 08, 2020, 04:28:08 PM
Quote from: kellerb on July 08, 2020, 03:49:58 PM
Standard yyyy-mm-dd etree taper format!

All those other ways are wrong, because I want my folders and files to be in order.
Correct!  It's all about alphanumeric sorting.  Plus / is not a valid character in a filename.

This right here.

I will also sometimes accept and use 9/14/99 (or 9/14/1999) in some contexts but I generally try not to use m/d/yr.

kellerb

rowjimmy

anthrax

no love for the underscore??

i'm a big fan of the YYYY_MM_DD

mbw

emay

this dude at my work saves files with no spaces or dashes except for to separate the project name '20200709-Week4paug' lol. drives me nuts.

rowjimmy

VDB

Is this still Wombat?