News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Right now I'm listening to...

Started by bacchist, September 03, 2006, 09:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

:rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

PIE-GUY

WWOZ Festing in Place Weekend 2!!

stream at wwoz.org!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

VDB

The BD Drowned is a type of Phish we don't get often enough.
Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

Man, if you're not locked into wwoz.org all day today, you are a complete fool.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 03, 2020, 09:20:26 AM
Man, if you're not locked into wwoz.org all day today, you are a complete fool.

The Jazz Festy twist on our regular Sunday WWOZ soundtrack has been a welcome thing.
Is this still Wombat?

ph92

:phish: Red Rocks 96 Run, doin the whole damn thing at work today.

:music:
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

anthrax

Quote from: ph92 on May 07, 2020, 01:29:33 PM

Damn!  How long is your day?

ph92

Quote from: anthrax on May 07, 2020, 03:09:11 PM
Quote from: ph92 on May 07, 2020, 01:29:33 PM

Damn!  How long is your day?
Well... most of it anyway. I work 10-6, but I usually stay late, too.

Already on Set 2 8/5.

This run is SO energetic! It's been years since I've given it a listen.
Make America Melt Again!

jam>

Mother's Day with Irma
https://www.wwoz.org/blog/640171

(and thanks Pie for the WWOZ links the other day)

anthrax

QuotePHISH, THURSDAY 06/15/1995
LAKEWOOD AMPHITHEATRE
Atlanta, GA
Soundcheck: Funky Bitch, The Old Home Place, Julius

SET 1: My Friend, My Friend > Sparkle > AC/DC Bag, The Old Home Place, Taste, The Wedge, Stash[1] -> I Didn't Know[2], Fluffhead, Run Like an Antelope

SET 2: My Sweet One, Ha Ha Ha > David Bowie[3], Strange Design > Theme From the Bottom, Scent of a Mule, Acoustic Army, Slave to the Traffic Light

ENCORE: Bouncing Around the Room, Frankenstein

[1] Unfinished.
[2] Slower fashion; Fish on trombone, Mike on electric drill, and Trey on megaphone.
[3] Chanting of "Send me on my way."

Stash was unfinished and melted into I Didn't Know, which was performed in an eerie, slower fashion and featured Fish on trombone, Mike on electric drill for the first time, and Trey on megaphone. Antelope contained a Voodoo Child tease from Trey. Bowie included some odd chanting, including the phrase "Send me on my way" (although not in a manner similar to the Rusted Root song of the same name).

This Stash>IDK segment is awesome!

ph92

QuotePHISH, FRIDAY 08/14/1998
LORING COMMERCE CENTRE
Limestone, ME
SET 1: Funky Bitch, Ginseng Sullivan, Back at the Chicken Shack, Jam, She Caught the Katy and Left Me a Mule to Ride, Dog Log, Down Home Dirty Blues, I Gave My Love a Cherry, Please Send Me Someone to Love

This was the soundcheck for Lemonwheel. The set took place on Friday night beginning a little after 11pm, and was broadcast live on Lemonwheel’s official radio station, 88.9-FM, “The Badger.”

QuotePHISH, SATURDAY 08/15/1998
LORING COMMERCE CENTRE
Limestone, ME
SET 1: Mike's Song > Simple > Beauty of My Dreams, Roggae, Split Open and Melt, Poor Heart, The Moma Dance, Divided Sky, Water in the Sky > Funky Bitch > Cities > Weekapaug Groove

SET 2: The Wedge, Reba, Gumbo -> Sanity > Tweezer > The Horse > Silent in the Morning > Chalk Dust Torture, Slave to the Traffic Light

SET 3: NICU > David Bowie[1], Strange Design, Limb By Limb > Brian and Robert, Loving Cup

ENCORE: Halley's Comet > Cavern > Tweezer Reprise

SET 4: Ambient Jam

[1] Lengthy intro.

This was the first show of the Lemonwheel festival. SOAM was played by request for an eight-year-old boy named Sam Jarvis. Cities included Sneakin’ Sally teases and, along with Halley’s Comet, included alternate lyrics relating to the concert grounds. Gumbo included a Tweezer Reprise-esque jam. Sanity was played for the first time since Halloween 1996 (140 shows). Bowie included a lengthy intro and Mission: Impossible theme teases. After Tweezer Reprise, Trey made a long announcement thanking people for coming and remarked on the fun and joy of the summer concert festivals. He said that there would be some more music, played by the light of candles made that day by fans. The ensuing “ambient jam” was in the style of Brian Eno and was nearly an hour long and included Albert teases from Trey.

QuotePHISH, SUNDAY 08/16/1998
LORING COMMERCE CENTRE
Limestone, ME
SET 1: Ginseng Sullivan, Bathtub Gin -> Rift, Punch You in the Eye, Lawn Boy, Ya Mar > AC/DC Bag > Frankie Says, Birds of a Feather, Guyute, Possum

SET 2: Down with Disease[1] > Piper, Ghost > Fluffhead, When the Circus Comes > Wading in the Velvet Sea, Hold Your Head Up > Sexual Healing > Hold Your Head Up, Run Like an Antelope[2]

SET 3: Sabotage -> Also Sprach Zarathustra > Wilson > The Mango Song > Character Zero > Bittersweet Motel, While My Guitar Gently Weeps

ENCORE: Harry Hood -> Jam[3] -> Baby Elephant Walk

[1] Unfinished.
[2] Alternate lyrics referring to "Bob Weaver."
[3] Fish on trombone.

This was the second show of the Lemonwheel festival. Trey teased Jean Pierre in Possum. Disease was unfinished. Fish alluded to Terrapin (“a love song about a turtle”) after a long HYHU intro but instead led the band into Sexual Healing. Antelope included Sexual Healing teases in the intro and a reference to “Bob Weaver” instead of Marco Esquandolas in the lyrics. 2001 contained Crosseyed and Painless and Super Bad teases from Trey. WMGGW returned for its first appearance since February 26, 1997 (103 shows). A fireworks display took place behind the stage in the jam out of Hood. The jam also featured Fish on trombone. Baby Elephant Walk was played for the first time since December 1, 1992 (514 shows).

Lemonwheel day today! The exact same dates/days 22 years ago! To give it some variety, I'm listening to the FTA tapes in between the shows.
Make America Melt Again!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: ph92 on August 14, 2020, 04:37:33 PM
LORING COMMERCE CENTRE
Limestone, ME
SET 1: Funky Bitch, Ginseng Sullivan, Back at the Chicken Shack, Jam, She Caught the Katy and Left Me a Mule to Ride, Dog Log, Down Home Dirty Blues, I Gave My Love a Cherry, Please Send Me Someone to Love

This was the soundcheck for Lemonwheel. The set took place on Friday night beginning a little after 11pm, and was broadcast live on Lemonwheel's official radio station, 88.9-FM, "The Badger."

LORING COMMERCE CENTRE
Limestone, ME
SET 1: Mike's Song > Simple > Beauty of My Dreams, Roggae, Split Open and Melt, Poor Heart, The Moma Dance, Divided Sky, Water in the Sky > Funky Bitch > Cities > Weekapaug Groove

SET 2: The Wedge, Reba, Gumbo -> Sanity > Tweezer > The Horse > Silent in the Morning > Chalk Dust Torture, Slave to the Traffic Light

SET 3: NICU > David Bowie[1], Strange Design, Limb By Limb > Brian and Robert, Loving Cup

[1] Lengthy intro.

This was the first show of the Lemonwheel festival. SOAM was played by request for an eight-year-old boy named Sam Jarvis. Cities included Sneakin' Sally teases and, along with Halley's Comet, included alternate lyrics relating to the concert grounds. Gumbo included a Tweezer Reprise-esque jam. Sanity was played for the first time since Halloween 1996 (140 shows). Bowie included a lengthy intro and Mission: Impossible theme teases. After Tweezer Reprise, Trey made a long announcement thanking people for coming and remarked on the fun and joy of the summer concert festivals. He said that there would be some more music, played by the light of candles made that day by fans. The ensuing "ambient jam" was in the style of Brian Eno and was nearly an hour long and included Albert teases from Trey.

LORING COMMERCE CENTRE
Limestone, ME
SET 1: Ginseng Sullivan, Bathtub Gin -> Rift, Punch You in the Eye, Lawn Boy, Ya Mar > AC/DC Bag > Frankie Says, Birds of a Feather, Guyute, Possum

SET 2: Down with Disease[1] > Piper, Ghost > Fluffhead, When the Circus Comes > Wading in the Velvet Sea, Hold Your Head Up > Sexual Healing > Hold Your Head Up, Run Like an Antelope[2]

SET 3: Sabotage -> Also Sprach Zarathustra > Wilson > The Mango Song > Character Zero > Bittersweet Motel, While My Guitar Gently Weeps

[1] Unfinished.
[3] Fish on trombone.

This was the second show of the Lemonwheel festival. Trey teased Jean Pierre in Possum. Disease was unfinished. Fish alluded to Terrapin ("a love song about a turtle") after a long HYHU intro but instead led the band into Sexual Healing. Antelope included Sexual Healing teases in the intro and a reference to "Bob Weaver" instead of Marco Esquandolas in the lyrics. 2001 contained Crosseyed and Painless and Super Bad teases from Trey. WMGGW returned for its first appearance since February 26, 1997 (103 shows). A fireworks display took place behind the stage in the jam out of Hood. The jam also featured Fish on trombone. Baby Elephant Walk was played for the first time since December 1, 1992 (514 shows).

Lemonwheel day today! The exact same dates/days 22 years ago! To give it some variety, I'm listening to the FTA tapes in between the shows.

What a weekend!

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 14, 2020, 11:46:46 PM
Quote from: ph92 on August 14, 2020, 04:37:33 PM
LORING COMMERCE CENTRE
Limestone, ME

This was the soundcheck for Lemonwheel. The set took place on Friday night beginning a little after 11pm, and was broadcast live on Lemonwheel's official radio station, 88.9-FM, "The Badger."

LORING COMMERCE CENTRE
Limestone, ME

[1] Lengthy intro.

This was the first show of the Lemonwheel festival. SOAM was played by request for an eight-year-old boy named Sam Jarvis. Cities included Sneakin' Sally teases and, along with Halley's Comet, included alternate lyrics relating to the concert grounds. Gumbo included a Tweezer Reprise-esque jam. Sanity was played for the first time since Halloween 1996 (140 shows). Bowie included a lengthy intro and Mission: Impossible theme teases. After Tweezer Reprise, Trey made a long announcement thanking people for coming and remarked on the fun and joy of the summer concert festivals. He said that there would be some more music, played by the light of candles made that day by fans. The ensuing "ambient jam" was in the style of Brian Eno and was nearly an hour long and included Albert teases from Trey.

LORING COMMERCE CENTRE
Limestone, ME

[1] Unfinished.
[3] Fish on trombone.

This was the second show of the Lemonwheel festival. Trey teased Jean Pierre in Possum. Disease was unfinished. Fish alluded to Terrapin ("a love song about a turtle") after a long HYHU intro but instead led the band into Sexual Healing. Antelope included Sexual Healing teases in the intro and a reference to "Bob Weaver" instead of Marco Esquandolas in the lyrics. 2001 contained Crosseyed and Painless and Super Bad teases from Trey. WMGGW returned for its first appearance since February 26, 1997 (103 shows). A fireworks display took place behind the stage in the jam out of Hood. The jam also featured Fish on trombone. Baby Elephant Walk was played for the first time since December 1, 1992 (514 shows).

What a weekend!

That was a hell of a time.