News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Jauntee

Started by WhatstheUse?, April 11, 2011, 07:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on February 10, 2020, 08:17:42 PM
I'll trade you a Scott and a John for your Caton!

What's that? You don't know about The Jauntee Trading Cards?!?

Well there coming!

https://phantasy.cards/product/01-07-caton-sollenberger/

Wut

Also please tell me there isn't really a band called Bumpin Uglies. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on February 10, 2020, 08:37:52 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on February 10, 2020, 08:17:42 PM
I'll trade you a Scott and a John for your Caton!

What's that? You don't know about The Jauntee Trading Cards?!?

Well there coming!

https://phantasy.cards/product/01-07-caton-sollenberger/

Wut

Also please tell me there isn't really a band called Bumpin Uglies.

Did you see their full band card? It's not just a clever name, like The Shitty Beatles.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Guess who's got a Scotty Ferber rookie card...
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

sick!! I should be getting mine next week or so

Bobafett

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 05, 2020, 05:30:35 PM

Sick!  I want an autographed one with the hard plastic case!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Bobafett on March 05, 2020, 08:17:00 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 05, 2020, 05:30:35 PM

Sick!  I want an autographed one with the hard plastic case!

Oh, I'm going to have Scott sign it. And I've already put it in a hard plastic sleeve.

WhatstheUse?

lol. The entire concept is silly to me, but based on your enthusiasm, as well as the enthusiasm of others (we sold out of an entire box last show) I guess I'm in. It is cool to be associated with such bigger bands. I mostly just feel awkward about it haha.
Bring in the dude!

Bobafett

Could we dip it in acid like blotter paper?
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 06, 2020, 10:09:37 PM
lol. The entire concept is silly to me, but based on your enthusiasm, as well as the enthusiasm of others (we sold out of an entire box last show) I guess I’m in. It is cool to be associated with such bigger bands. I mostly just feel awkward about it haha.

I've now worked out trades to get rid of my Goose and PPPP cards for the rest of the band, and the full band card. I think it's kind of cool to have you guys in the set. It will help spread the word about the band around.

Do you guys get any profit from the cards? Like a portion of what you sell, or paid overall for being in the series?

Superfreakie

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 07, 2020, 07:21:58 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 06, 2020, 10:09:37 PM
lol. The entire concept is silly to me, but based on your enthusiasm, as well as the enthusiasm of others (we sold out of an entire box last show) I guess I'm in. It is cool to be associated with such bigger bands. I mostly just feel awkward about it haha.

I've now worked out trades to get rid of my Goose and PPPP cards for the rest of the band, and the full band card. I think it's kind of cool to have you guys in the set. It will help spread the word about the band around.

Do you guys get any profit from the cards? Like a portion of what you sell, or paid overall for being in the series?

They only get royalties on the nude cards. They're being rolled out before summer tour; they're week4paug brand. We couldn't let PT dominate this lucrative market now could we?
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mistercharlie

WhatstheUse?

Just did a cool thing!  The Mockingbird foundation is starting to host live stream events and they invited us, alongside Yonder Mountain String band and members of leftover salmon, up to the home of Skye McDonald (founder of NW String Summit) for a live stream today.

This guy has conquered life - he?s got an absolute gorgeous property in the mountains with all the space you could ask for and a full barn equipped for live music/steaming etc. Party central.  It was also probably the most professional feeling camera shoot I?ve been apart of. There was a dude with a little clapperboard thingy saying ?take 3? and all that jazz.

Anyways, keep an eye out for that stream (I don?t think it?s airing until early June) but it sounds like Shapiro got behind it so it should have a bunch of traction.
Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

In other news.... were working on a new album, and I am super excited about it. Weve recorded everything ourselves, which has given us time to embellish things that we never could have done on a studio budget.  Our intention was to create something that stood on its own separate from our live shows. We?ve added tons of layers that wont be able to be re-created live necessarily, but will make for a great album experience, IMO.

In other, other news... Im recording a solo album! Its been just over a year in the making and I am equally excited about it. Its kinda like a Jauntee album, but a bit more Scott. Perhaps a little more focused on the songs & lyrics themselves rather than the improv moments.

What Im most excited about is that both albums consist of almost entirely new tunes that the world has yet to hear... which is something Ive always wanted to do as a musician but had never had the opportunity until this pandemic put our touring to a halt.

No exact time frame for release yet, but Id guess theyll both be in your ear holes before the years end.
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Sweet dude, make some lemonade!

From lemons that is.

You know what I mean. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.