News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

THE week4paug.net Phish Tribute Album vol. 1 is released.

Started by jephrey, April 07, 2007, 12:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

Admins, please sticky this and remove the old "revisited" thread.  We'll discuss vol 2 here.

So after only 15 months of stoners trying to get this thing out (which is pretty good for stoners), it is here.  I hope we have done justice to the songs we love.  Please note that anyone and everyone is invited to submit tracks for volume 2.  Even just vocals or an instrumental (anyone for Lengthwise?).  Us contributors are very proud of what we have created, and we hope you like it.

Here is the torrent.
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=505655

Here are the mp3s (if you swing that way, they're .rar-ed up)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mej0nw

And here is the artwork (thanks to tet for plate photo and OctopusRider for putting the front together, and Octopus Rider again for giving me the idea to use that "Phish in the sky" picture (wherever I got that pic) on the back.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hicks

Nice, awesome job guys can't wait to check the ones I haven't heard yet!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

It's in the text file of the torrent!

01. The Horse >
02. Also Sprach Zarathustra
03. Horn
04. Sample In A Jar
05. Dirt
06. Back on the Train
07. Dog Faced Boy >
08. A.M. Terminal >
09. Makisupa Policeman

Oh, and you MUST listen the whole way through.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

mopper_smurf

Woohoo, yet another addition for my "torrents I must download" folder. So much great music, so little time.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

sls.stormyrider

Just finished listening to it while doing some work this AM. Great job, everyone (and not just cause I know you).
+k
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

birdman

:clap:
  Good work guys. DLing now...cant wait to hear this
:beers:
Paug FTMFW!

rowjimmy

Props to Jeph for getting this seeded.
+k to him and everyone else on this project...

sophist

nice work fellas.  I look forward to hearing the new tracks. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

jedifunk

hey, the mp3 version didnt have the album artwork, WTF! ;)

seriously though, can i get that?  i'm extremely anal about my iTunes :roll:
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

speaking of contributors (was anyone speaking?) where is itsnot these days?  he was so into this and it would be nice to hear from him
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

The artwork is attached to the top of this thread.

glad you dug it, guys.

sophist

Quote from: jedifunk on April 07, 2007, 10:24:13 AM
speaking of contributors (was anyone speaking?) where is itsnot these days?  he was so into this and it would be nice to hear from him

He made a post the other day in my guitar players thread.  He also asked about an update on the album about a month ago.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

jedifunk

so i just noticed that Horn has timing issues... not musically, but iTunes says its 4:41, but when it ended at 4:04 it jumped right to the next song... weird
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

He's been in regular touch with us on the project... Can't really speak to how he's spending the rest of his time.