News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

THE week4paug.net Phish Tribute Album vol. 1 is released.

Started by jephrey, April 07, 2007, 12:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: jedifunk on April 07, 2007, 10:34:45 AM
so i just noticed that Horn has timing issues... not musically, but iTunes says its 4:41, but when it ended at 4:04 it jumped right to the next song... weird
Hmm.
Header issue, I suppose. Hadn't noticed that. I'll check out the files.

Wouldn't happen if you'd dl'd the FLACs.   :-P

jedifunk

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 07, 2007, 10:24:33 AM
The artwork is attached to the top of this thread.

glad you dug it, guys.
thanks... i am really really really digging it for sure... every track has been great (i'm on dirt now).

speaking of which, RJ, was this a new version?  i had DL'd one a while back but this one sounds different.

and i LOVE itsnots 2001... and the slow sample, and the great horn, and horse, and and and... this could be the best release of 2007!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

nab

This release kicks the pants off of any Phish tribute album I've ever heard.  Top notch performances from everyone.  I especially liked "The Horse" and "Horn".  Listening to "Makisupa Policeman" right now, and it sounds great.  Thanks a lot guys, good effort.

OctopusRider

If anybody wants this for their music application, here is only the front cover without the "no fish were harmed" statement.

jedifunk

nice touch on the makisupa jeph... way to slip a little advertisment in there, you commercialized bastard ;)
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

nab

Quote from: jedifunk on April 07, 2007, 10:52:50 AM
nice touch on the makisupa jeph... way to slip a little advertisment in there, you commercialized bastard ;)

:-D

I got a kick out of that.

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 07, 2007, 10:36:42 AM
Hmm.
Header issue, I suppose. Hadn't noticed that. I'll check out the files.

Wouldn't happen if you'd dl'd the FLACs.   :-P
A fix is on the way.

The fix is in. The link in the initial post points to the corrected mp3s.
Enjoy.

redrum

can't wait to hear this. dl'ing now. nice job guys!
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

birdman

Just finished listening...great job guys. I really enjoyed all the tracks, but the 2001 and the unique Dog Face Boy really stood out to me.
"woke up in the afternoon, 10 more posts in the forums" :-D
  Way to bring it all together y'all.  +K all around
Paug FTMFW!

jedifunk

yes, very well done fellas... i very much look forward to volume 2
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

The version of Dirt on there is a slightly different edit than what I had originally offered last year at the outset of this project.

Hope the 'difference' is a good one.

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

sls.stormyrider

I thought the musicianship and production for everything was great. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought this was a commercial release.

btw, Jephrey did you do all the backing vocals on MP? Sounds like either a falsetto or a female vocalist.

:clap:
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

susep

good job you guys, excellent work.  I really liked tracks 2 and 8, itsnot through down some nice crescending leads, Trey would be proud. :wink:

Looking foward to Vol. 2