News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/09 - Asheville Civic Center - Asheville, NC - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Rift, June 09, 2009, 11:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rift

2009-06-09
Asheville Civic Center
Asheville, NC

Set 1
Kill Devil Falls, Moma Dance, Sample In A Jar, Stash, Dog Faced Boy*, Gumbo, Tube, Lengthwise**, Divided Sky, When The Cactus Is In Bloom^, Bold As Love

Set 2
Backwards Down The Number Line > Ghost > Fast Enough For You, Halley's Comet > Maze, Alaska^, Theme From The Bottom, Golgi Apparatus, Possum

Encore:
Loving Cup

* Fish is laying down on stage. Trey is tellin stories about fish writin this song. Fishman is on stage as it starts, laying down. Wont play.
** Last Time Played: 1998-07-28
^ First Time Played

Interesting setlist. Nothing really grabs me but I have to hear it first.

I'd love to see video footage of Fish laying on the stage during DFB.  :-D

Back to back Tubes...? They must not have liked the one they busted out at Camden, I guess.   :?
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Here Comes The Joker

I think the tube more has to do with them playing the four fishman penned tunes in a row.  Stream was in at the tale end and trey saying something about now another one from the journal of Jon Fishman.

fauxpaxfauxreal

I got my lengthwise!!!!!!!

It was a decent show.  I gave it a B-/B.  A show where everything was really good, the flubbed parts weren't horrid, and I was surprised by the sickness of the Ghost.

It seems like the band is almost there...but they need a little shove over the abyss.

Good times, tho, fo sho, good times.

fauxpaxfauxreal

You guys should definitely check out the ghost.  I thought it was some next level shit.

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

VDB

LP SBDs are now up. Just looking at track lengths (which, OK, we know, isn't everything), I see an almost-14:00 Moma (sigh of relief) followed by a 13:00 Stash. Can't be all that bad, eh?

Gumbo, Tube, Halley's all short again, but that doesn't mean they can't be hot too. 15:00 Ghost in the 2-2 hole. Just about the rest of set 2 (BDTNL, FEFY, Maze, Theme, Alaska, Possum) look like they got at least a moderate workout.

Looking forward to giving a listen.
Is this still Wombat?

VA $l!m

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 10, 2009, 12:11:51 AM
You guys should definitely check out the ghost.  I thought it was some next level shit.

dude, you totally topped me gettin BDTNL on my B_ DAY wiht that Lenghtwise tonite!  
i'm so proud you got that... totally freakin unreal.
you workd some serious WEek4paug MOJO right there!

BTW., i think this show looks alot stronger thatn some folks are thinkin. though it doesnt surprise me, the last time they played ghost on 6.4 everyone wasnt stoked about that list either... apparently i have different taste in setlist than the majority of the peeps @ week4paug. personally i'm really stoked to hear both sets and esp the Ghost>FEFY, Halleys>maze. that 4 songs looks like one of the best list portions of the tour IMO.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Rift

Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

blatboom

Rift

Quote from: VA slim on June 10, 2009, 12:22:02 AM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 10, 2009, 12:11:51 AM
You guys should definitely check out the ghost.  I thought it was some next level shit.

dude, you totally topped me gettin BDTNL on my B_ DAY wiht that Lenghtwise tonite!  
i'm so proud you got that... totally freakin unreal.
you workd some serious WEek4paug MOJO right there!

BTW., i think this show looks alot stronger thatn some folks are thinkin. though it doesnt surprise me, the last time they played ghost on 6.4 everyone wasnt stoked about that list either... apparently i have different taste in setlist than the majority of the peeps @ week4paug. personally i'm really stoked to hear both sets and esp the Ghost>FEFY, Halleys>maze. that 4 songs looks like one of the best list portions of the tour IMO.

Ghost into FEFY does intrigue me and anything that goes into Maze is usually going to kick shit into overdrive.

guyforget

i dont usually review in post-show-glow

but i had a lot of fun tonight, whole crew did

kicked it w/ goodabouthood, bobby, raged it
-AD_

WhatstheUse?

Tonight was real good.  I give the slight edge to camden still, but the boys are on fire.  Def check out that ghost.

I was front row almost all second set staring Trey in the FACE!  Absolutely un-fucking believable.  Also had a great time hanging out with goodabouthood for a good part of the show and randomly was behind sophist in the beer line!

Knox will be fire, and Bonnaroo late-night will be legendary.  :-o
Bring in the dude!

blatboom

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 10, 2009, 12:36:05 AM
Tonight was real good.  I give the slight edge to camden still, but the boys are on fire.  Def check out that ghost.

I was front row almost all second set staring Trey in the FACE!  Absolutely un-fucking believable.  Also had a great time hanging out with goodabouthood for a good part of the show and randomly was behind sophist in the beer line!

Knox will be fire, and Bonnaroo late-night will be legendary.  :-o

:-D

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!