News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/31 - Red Rocks - Morrison, CO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by rowjimmy, August 01, 2009, 01:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: Hicks on August 23, 2009, 07:28:06 PM
I wasn't sleeping on it, def. my favorite night of the run.

Anybody else think the weird melodic part they played during Antelope on 8/8 had it's genesis in the Tweezer here?

i dunno, but i do need to go back and listen to the camden tweeezer (which i didnt like at all the last time i heard it), because i keep thinking that the genesis of THis Tweezer was in that one...or mayeb i'm thinking of another one...

anyway, i'm still REally blown away by this set right now. Like i said it really picks up in Crosseyed, but from Tweezer>BDTNL>FLuff>piper>DITL is $$$$!!
trey finally lets up in piper a bit and honestly they couldve blown the roof off if he coulda kicked it into high gear there, but overall i'm hyped on this set.
i really want to go listen to the gorge now and see how this compares to what i thought was the hottest shows of tour before. unfortunately with out a doubt 8.7 and 8.8 especially have two great sets a piece, whereas this show really only has 1 or 1 and a half maybe.
its ironic that the reason i was sleeping on this show most likely is that this second set was the one where i was dealing with the massive drama of my idiotic friend. so i definitely wasnt tuned in to the band as much as i would of wanted. oh well, thank god for tapes.
after hearing this set and going through a bunch of the other 09 shows lately i'm really starting to get pysched about the bright spots. today was the first time i actually thought to myself that i enjoyed this set from 09 more than some of the other shows i saw from 1.0...albeit my least fav ones, but...  :lol:  :wtu:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Hicks

They knew we had sat for nearly an hour in a downpour and rewarded us with that second set.

I wasn't cold at all by the time they dropped into C&P. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

did i mention that Mike is TEARING SHIT UP in this set?!?!?!!!!!  :crazy: :crazy:  :wtu: :rawk:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Superfreakie

Quote from: VA slim on August 23, 2009, 07:37:50 PM
Quote from: Hicks on August 23, 2009, 07:28:06 PM
I wasn't sleeping on it, def. my favorite night of the run.

Anybody else think the weird melodic part they played during Antelope on 8/8 had it's genesis in the Tweezer here?
the reason i was sleeping on this show most likely is that this second set was the one where i was dealing with the massive drama of my idiotic friend. so i definitely wasnt tuned in to the band as much as i would of wanted.

That was really nice of you SLim, you're a good friend and I hope said individual has apologized profusely while on their knees worshiping you. Personally, I'm of the ethos that it is sink or swim at a Phish show. This is not practice time for amateur hour, there is no shallow end nor kiddie pool, and most especially at Red Rocks. If you can't handle your shit then stay the fuck away from me. Fuckin' noobs, you should be  :samurai:

Back to the thread. This second set is the heat. No two ways about it.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

WhatstheUse?

So....

How is it that Trey and Page both play the EXACT same descending riff @ 3:46 in this "Morrison Jam", which perfectly segues them into the next section of the jam ?

Magic? I think so....
Bring in the dude!

McGrupp

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 04, 2010, 01:27:25 AM
So....

How is it that Trey and Page both play the EXACT same descending riff @ 3:46 in this "Morrison Jam", which perfectly segues them into the next section of the jam ?

Magic? I think so....

Reasons why phish is awesome...
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: McGrupp on September 04, 2010, 01:33:46 AM
So....

Magic? I think so....

Ding, ding! We have a winner!
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 04, 2010, 01:35:52 AM
Quote from: McGrupp on September 04, 2010, 01:33:46 AM
So....

Magic? I think so....

Ding, ding! We have a winner!

Wait, he didn't put his answer in the form of a question!!! Alex Tribek wouldn't stand for this!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

Can we just talk about how good this Crosseyed & Painless is?  It goes places the song rarely does.  Very heroic!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mattstick on September 10, 2010, 08:44:23 PM

Can we just talk about how good this Crosseyed & Painless is?  It goes places the song rarely does.  Very heroic!

Can we? We just were!

Def one of the better 3.0 jamz.  Love When fishman delays the peak @ around 7:21.
Bring in the dude!