News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

20 years ago today... We all said goodbye to our favorite band, for the first time.  :phish:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

Marmar

Pepsi.....99....20min 1st set Ghost....

ALSO.....2L of Coke-a-Cola dosed with 65 hits...

I don't remember a damn thing from that night.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

mbw

Quote from: Marmar on October 09, 2020, 04:16:09 PM

props for bringing Coke to the Pepsi.
Pepsi, lol.

Marmar

Quote from: mbw on October 09, 2020, 04:31:48 PM

Pepsi, lol.

That was the running joke of the night.

We ended up staying at the most SEEDY hotel in Albany that night....place had bullet proof glass and everything. At one point, my buddy got thirsty and went to leave the room to hit the vending machine....he opened the door and saw a pimp givin his ho the beatdown for not havin his money.....it was a fuckin WEIRD night.

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

khalpin

Quote from: Marmar on October 09, 2020, 07:36:05 PM

Pepsi, lol.

We ended up staying at the most SEEDY hotel in Albany that night....place had bullet proof glass and everything. At one point, my buddy got thirsty and went to leave the room to hit the vending machine....he opened the door and saw a pimp givin his ho the beatdown for not havin his money.....it was a fuckin WEIRD night.
I thought you couldn't remember a damn thing!

Marmar

Quote from: khalpin on October 09, 2020, 07:43:48 PM
Quote from: Marmar on October 09, 2020, 07:36:05 PM

Pepsi, lol.

I thought you couldn't remember a damn thing!

That was about the only thing I remember.....nothin like trippin BALLS and heain a ho gettin pimp slapped outsider your door.....

anthrax

25 years ago right now, i was walking into my first phish show

:phish: :phish: :phish: :phish: :phish: :phish: :phish: :phish:

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: anthrax on October 22, 2020, 08:21:45 PM
25 years ago right now, i was walking into my first phish show

:phish: :phish: :phish: :phish: :phish: :phish: :phish: :phish:

Yup, that's a doozy for a first show.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

QuotePHISH, FRIDAY 12/06/2019
NORTH CHARLESTON COLISEUM
North Charleston, SC
SET 1: Carolina, Party Time, Strawberry Letter 23 > Undermind, I Been Around > Divided Sky, The Sloth, Destiny Unbound > We Are Come to Outlive Our Brains > My Friend, My Friend[1] > About to Run, The Horse > Silent in the Morning > David Bowie

SET 2: Axilla > Scents and Subtle Sounds > No Quarter > Your Pet Cat > Mercury > Saw It Again > Limb By Limb[2] > The Lizards, Suzy Greenberg

ENCORE: Bittersweet Motel[3] > Death Don't Hurt Very Long > Loving Cup

[1] No "Myfe" ending.
[2] Unfinished.
[3] Lyrics changed to "halfway from Charleston to Pittsburgh."

Carolina was performed for the first time since December 30, 2016 (103 shows). MFMF didn't contain the "Myfe" ending. Trey teased Axilla in Scents and Subtle Sounds and Suzy Greenberg. The theme to Mission: Impossible was also teased in Scents. Limb By Limb was unfinished and contained a Divided Sky tease from Trey and This Old Man singing from Fish. Page teased the theme from Speed Racer in The Lizards. Suzy Greenberg also included a Saw It Again quote from Fish. Bittersweet Motel was played for the first time since July 6, 2016 (134 shows) and had lyrics changed to "halfway from Charleston to Pittsburgh."

This was one of those perfect Phish nights where the crew you are with, combined with a perfect buzz, and excellent seats all come together in pure bliss.  Then Phish came out and proceeded to play a setlist that was a scarily accurate account of our inside jokes and songs talked about earlier that day.  For a band that has hundreds of song choices on any given night, this really shouldn't ever be possible.  After 25 years, Phish continues to lurk so far inside my brain it's not even funny. 

PIE-GUY

Carolina opener won me like $80 in a pool!  :rockout:
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

VDB

Quote from: anthrax on December 07, 2020, 07:00:55 AM
North Charleston, SC
SET 1: Carolina, Party Time, Strawberry Letter 23 > Undermind, I Been Around > Divided Sky, The Sloth, Destiny Unbound > We Are Come to Outlive Our Brains > My Friend, My Friend[1] > About to Run, The Horse > Silent in the Morning > David Bowie

SET 2: Axilla > Scents and Subtle Sounds > No Quarter > Your Pet Cat > Mercury > Saw It Again > Limb By Limb[2] > The Lizards, Suzy Greenberg

[1] No "Myfe" ending.
[2] Unfinished.

Carolina was performed for the first time since December 30, 2016 (103 shows). MFMF didn't contain the "Myfe" ending. Trey teased Axilla in Scents and Subtle Sounds and Suzy Greenberg. The theme to Mission: Impossible was also teased in Scents. Limb By Limb was unfinished and contained a Divided Sky tease from Trey and This Old Man singing from Fish. Page teased the theme from Speed Racer in The Lizards. Suzy Greenberg also included a Saw It Again quote from Fish. Bittersweet Motel was played for the first time since July 6, 2016 (134 shows) and had lyrics changed to "halfway from Charleston to Pittsburgh."

This was one of those perfect Phish nights where the crew you are with, combined with a perfect buzz, and excellent seats all come together in pure bliss.  Then Phish came out and proceeded to play a setlist that was a scarily accurate account of our inside jokes and songs talked about earlier that day.  For a band that has hundreds of song choices on any given night, this really shouldn't ever be possible.  After 25 years, Phish continues to lurk so far inside my brain it's not even funny.

Highlights included a gnarly Scents and the local section usher grooving in place to a groovy Pet Cat.
Is this still Wombat?

Bobafett

Quote from: VDB on December 07, 2020, 07:59:10 PM
Quote from: anthrax on December 07, 2020, 07:00:55 AM
North Charleston, SC

[1] No "Myfe" ending.
[2] Unfinished.

Highlights included a gnarly Scents and the local section usher grooving in place to a groovy Pet Cat.

Or the one that hit that joint!   The limb and destiny were both very good too
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

anthrax

QuotePHISH, SUNDAY 12/08/2019
North Charleston, SC
SET 1: Sigma Oasis[1], Buried Alive > Guelah Papyrus, My Sweet One > Everything is Hollow, The Curtain > Mound, Brian and Robert, Crazy Sometimes > Frost, Breath and Burning > Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues > It's Ice > Walls of the Cave

SET 2: After Midnight, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan > Energy -> Soul Planet > Wingsuit > I Always Wanted It This Way, Petrichor > Boogie On Reggae Woman > Rise/Come Together

ENCORE: Pebbles and Marbles, Beneath a Sea of Stars Part 1, Izabella, Chalk Dust Torture Reprise

[1] Phish debut.

This show featured the Phish debut of Sigma Oasis. Trey teased Plasma and The Little Drummer Boy in Buried Alive. The Curtain was performed for the first time since August 28, 2012 (270 shows). After Midnight was performed for the first time since September 6, 2015 (153 shows). Trey quoted Sigma Oasis at the end of Soul Planet. Trey teased Sanity before Pebbles and Marbles. Chalk Dust Torture Reprise was performed for the first time since July 11, 2000 (524 shows), started as Chalk Dust Torture, and ended with a Plasma tease.

forgive me, father, for i have sinned.  it has been 1 year since my last live show of any kind.  mirth, i still have your fall tour road map!  it's in good hands and will be yours...eventually!