News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Corona Talk

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2020, 04:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ytowndan

Quote from: ytowndan on March 13, 2020, 11:47:37 AM
I came home from work yesterday and got hit with fever/chills/aches basic flu like symptoms.  My job has me in and out of hospitals all day, so who knows what I've been exposed to.

I'm at a clinic right now getting a flu test.  I guess I can rule in/out influenzas A/B.  We won't have a coronavirus testing facility until Monday.

Well, the common flu test was negative, but the doctor thinks I have it anyway.  He said that false positives for the flu test are rare, but false negatives are more common, and since I lack sufficient lower respiratory symptoms common with covid-19 and have upper ones uncommon with it (stuffy nose, etc.) it's probably just the regular flu.  Of course without a test there's no way to be sure, and the only place in town (currently) that can do it has very limited resources.  And they probably wouldn't waste them to test a thirty-something, non-smoker in decent general health whose fever is mild and doesn't even have all the accompanying symptoms.  So, umm, yeah.  Yay?
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mattstick

1914: Toronto Argonauts win their first Grey Cup
1915: (due to arcane Canadian rules involving a 12th man and rouges, an extra season is played, in which Toronto does not win Grey Cup)
1916: Grey Cup cancelled

1918: Toronto wins its first Stanley Cup
1919: Stanley Cup cancelled

1992-93: Toronto wins its first World Series
1994: World Series cancelled

2019: Toronto wins its first NBA Championship
2020: NBA Championship potentially cancelled

Sorry NBA fans.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: sls.stormyrider on March 13, 2020, 01:28:17 PM
I came home from work yesterday and got hit with fever/chills/aches basic flu like symptoms.  My job has me in and out of hospitals all day, so who knows what I've been exposed to.

I'm at a clinic right now getting a flu test.  I guess I can rule in/out influenzas A/B.  We won't have a coronavirus testing facility until Monday.

Good luck
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: ytowndan on March 13, 2020, 02:41:37 PM

Well, the common flu test was negative, but the doctor thinks I have it anyway.  He said that false positives for the flu test are rare, but false negatives are more common, and since I lack sufficient lower respiratory symptoms common with covid-19 and have upper ones uncommon with it (stuffy nose, etc.) it's probably just the regular flu.  Of course without a test there's no way to be sure, and the only place in town (currently) that can do it has very limited resources.  And they probably wouldn't waste them to test a thirty-something, non-smoker in decent general health whose fever is mild and doesn't even have all the accompanying symptoms.  So, umm, yeah.  Yay?

Did your doc mention Tamiflu?
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VA $l!m

Quote from: mattstick on March 13, 2020, 02:50:37 PM

1914: Toronto Argonauts win their first Grey Cup
1915: (due to arcane Canadian rules involving a 12th man and rouges, an extra season is played, in which Toronto does not win Grey Cup)
1916: Grey Cup cancelled

1918: Toronto wins its first Stanley Cup
1919: Stanley Cup cancelled

1992-93: Toronto wins its first World Series
1994: World Series cancelled

2019: Toronto wins its first NBA Championship
2020: NBA Championship potentially cancelled

Sorry NBA fans.

inb4 Trump blames Canada
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

Well, my hotel has dropped the Administrative half of the hotel to 4 day work weeks for the time being to save money. It's fine with me as I have plenty of PTO to use for the missed days, but I really feel for our Front Desk, Banquets and Housekeeping staff as their hours are just gone.

I have a three day weekend, which I really need right now. Sliver linings and whatnot.

Also... Hans' new profile pic is EPIC!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mopper_smurf

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 13, 2020, 05:42:08 PM
Well, my hotel has dropped the Administrative half of the hotel to 4 day work weeks for the time being to save money. It's fine with me as I have plenty of PTO to use for the missed days, but I really feel for our Front Desk, Banquets and Housekeeping staff as their hours are just gone.

I have a three day weekend, which I really need right now. Sliver linings and whatnot.

Also... Hans' new profile pic is EPIC!

Thank you.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

ytowndan

Quote from: sls.stormyrider on March 13, 2020, 04:38:05 PM
Quote from: ytowndan on March 13, 2020, 02:41:37 PM

Did your doc mention Tamiflu?

Yeah, I turned it down after he went over everything with me.  The possible side effects sound way worse than what I have now.  And since he didn't really try to push it I figured it wasn't that big a deal.  I also have no insurance so that weighed in on my decision too.

mbw

My job has me in and out of hospitals all day.

Is your job banging hot nurses?  That would be cool.

kellerb

Quote from: mbw on March 13, 2020, 06:30:00 PM

Different virus

rowjimmy

Been busting ass in my new(ish) job getting infrastructure in place to expand WFH to everyone. I've a compromised immune system and I think I'm done going to the office. Kids are home for at least two weeks but this is not going to be over in two weeks. Shits gonna be fucked up fast.

Not to get all political here but our president is woefully unqualified and it is going to kill a lot more people because of him. Today's press conference was a fucking commercial for corporations and a sham of a plan.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/13/21179118/google-coronavirus-testing-screening-website-drive-thru-covid-19

Did I mention that we're fucked?

Superfreakie

He said in and out of hospitals......not in and out of nurses.  :sbw:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

ytowndan

Quote from: Superfreakie on March 13, 2020, 09:55:01 PM

He said in and out of hospitals......not in and out of nurses.  :sbw:

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard