News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Week4paug Needs [Suggestion Box]

Started by ucusty, November 09, 2006, 10:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

good point.  just cleaned up a bit... not sure where to put that Phish vids thread though... 

i'll work on cleaning things up more in the days to come, maybe creating another section or two just to organize better. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

thank you.
I think the vids list will be superfluous once the wiki is live...

tet

-Phish

rowjimmy

tet

-Phish

rowjimmy

My Treo went the way of the dinosaur when the Blackberry 8700G hit town.

tet

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 01, 2007, 08:07:09 AM
My Treo went the way of the dinosaur when the Blackberry 8700G hit town.

the 8700g is the ONLY Blackberry that has enticed me.  i've played with the 7100 series and hate that keyboard, and hence hate the Pearl as well.  but, i love the big screen and full keyboard of the 8700.  only thing i disliked was the lack of expandability and custom apps, and as a Palm user since about 1996, those are hard to give up...
-Phish

jedifunk

blah blah blah... when i get my iPhone, i'll have no problems surfing the paug like a normal web user, instead of being a handicapped "smart phone" user...

;)
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

hopefully we get em in April, as the rumormill is saying!!   :banana: :beers:
-Phish

jedifunk

i know, i saw that yesterday, and got really excited... which would probably mean we'd get new iPhone models or OS upgrades w/new features in July!
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

PhishJY

Quote from: tet on February 01, 2007, 08:19:35 AM
...hate that keyboard, and hence hate the Pearl as well...

The pearl is awesome.  There is a HUGE learning curve, though.  Can't really get anything done with the pearl for about 2 weeks while you learn how to use it.  Honestly, I couldn't imagine having anything else, now that I finally learned how to use it!
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

rowjimmy

Quote from: jedifunk on February 01, 2007, 10:18:48 AM
blah blah blah... when i get my iPhone, i'll have no problems surfing the paug like a normal web user, instead of being a handicapped "smart phone" user...

;)

You sure hope so.
I could view this site in a normal mode if the site itself didn't foist WAP on me.

jedifunk

lol... yeah, we'll see just how easy surfing on a 3.5" screen really is.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

You wont do it near your computer, i'll tell you that.

tet

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 02, 2007, 09:05:15 AM
You sure hope so.
I could view this site in a normal mode if the site itself didn't foist WAP on me.

that is unfortunately a feature of SMF's forums software.  no real way to specify exactly which browsers get sent the WAP version, just "mobile devices".  i'll look into a hack i suppose... any idea what your browser is called exactly, and what version?  something like "Netscape Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/418.9.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/419.3" would give me something to work with... maybe if you can hit a webpage that displays that information and write it down, that'll help.
-Phish