News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/31/15 - Madison Square Garden - New York, New York

Started by VDB, January 01, 2016, 03:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

2015-12-31
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

Set 1: The Moma Dance > Possum, Wolfman's Brother, Birds of a Feather, I Didn't Know, Happy Birthday to You, Martian Monster, Reba, Walls of the Cave

Set 2: The Wedge, Wilson > A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing, Yarmouth Road, Kill Devil Falls > Piper > Twist

Set 3: No Men In No Man's Land, Auld Lang Syne > Blaze On > Carini > David Bowie, The Horse > Silent in the Morning > Backwards Down the Number Line

Encore: Tube > Cavern
Is this still Wombat?

messengerbird

What was the gag? Couldn't watch the entire show because of work  :|
Central part of town, I'm going down

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 05, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
A match made in Gamehenge  :-D

mistercharlie

Quote from: messengerbird on January 01, 2016, 07:31:28 AM
What was the gag? Couldn't watch the entire show because of work  :|

A Funnel shaped screen descended upon the stage and became an hour glass on which images were shown.

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

The cone was above a second stage behind the SBD.
Set three began with them on this stage. The cone she a layer of translucent fabric with became a tent over the band forming the bottom of the hourglass. There was a separate PA surrounding the cone so that the performance sound came from where the band was.

At some point just before the countdown, prerecorded(?) music took over as the band snuck back to the main stage. From there, count down and then they played the rest of the set.

August

I like it.
Not much of a "gag", but pretty sweet idea which borrows from the Tower/Storage jams in a way.
Looked cool.

blatboom

blatboom

rowjimmy

mbw

Thought the hour glass was incredibly cool.
The music was solid most of the night too.
Methinks Piper > Twist was the goods of the evening.
It makes me sad when Page has to play the Silent intro tho.
My boys thought Kuroda was MVP.

messengerbird

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 01, 2016, 08:16:40 AM
The cone was above a second stage behind the SBD.
Set three began with them on this stage. The cone she a layer of translucent fabric with became a tent over the band forming the bottom of the hourglass. There was a separate PA surrounding the cone so that the performance sound came from where the band was.

At some point just before the countdown, prerecorded(?) music took over as the band snuck back to the main stage. From there, count down and then they played the rest of the set.
Thanks for the link RJ I will watch it tonight when I get home from work.
Central part of town, I'm going down

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 05, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
A match made in Gamehenge  :-D

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

August

Listened to Twist and No Man on my run.
Twist has a huge Dogs jam, but it was kinda meh otherwise 
I liked the No Man jam. Had a few different sections.

McGrupp

Enjoyed listening to/watching the stream last night.

The hourglass thing was pretty awesome. NMINML jam was sweet as was Twist. Wolfman's was good iirc. Sloppy at times and powerful (and loud) at others.

I woulda been very happy to be there.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

whatapiper

Solid show, loved the hour glass.  I thought things really started getting somewhere with the piper>twist. No Man's through Bowie highlight of the night for me with No Man's the top musical highlight.  I'd be pretty stoked if I had tickets for the next two nights. Have fun!
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong