News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

from a not-so-reliable source

Started by elbowleg, October 29, 2008, 06:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elbowleg

at bonnaroo 07... I was walking around at night and was bullshitting with one of our horseback security friends (the red coats that we all know and love) and asked them if they'd ever worked phish shows.

they'd worked deer creek 04 and coventry....

then all of the sudden the girl on the horse says "phish reunion is August 09 in Upper Peninsula Michigan."

if this is true I think they will be doing a phestival at the end of the summer tour in MI and not in Limestone.

I was so convinced that Rothbury would host the phish reunion because it was in MI and i couldn't remember if the chick on horseback said August 08 or 09... not to mention Rothbury was in July not August and it was not in the Upper Peninsula of MI...

however 3 members of Phish were on the bill and it was in michigan and they did reunite somewhat(mike trey and fish during gordons set.)

this thought of a phesty in MI is a long shot, but also a hope and a dream of mine.

hell phish should buy the land Rothbury was held on since it's backrupt. they could bank off of leasing the grounds for other festies and throw their own festies at the end of each summer.

rothbury 09 might not happen if the new landowners aren't down with it.

G. Augusto

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

rowjimmy

Naturally the security chick from a Deer Creek show knows when and where the reunion will happen before the band does...

Oh wait, she was wrong, wasn't she?

kellerb

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 29, 2008, 06:32:23 PM
Naturally the security chick from a Dder Creek show knows when and where the reunion will happen before the band does...

She heard it from the horse's mouth

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Declan

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

elbowleg

Naturally the security chick from a Deer Creek show knows when and where the reunion will happen before the band does...

not that I fully believe her, but it's not like it COULDN'T happen. just because the REUNION happens at hampton doesn't mean phish couldn't have reserved a spot in MI years in advance for a specific location to throw a festival.

all I wanted was to throw out some shit I heard through the proverbial grapevine. quit acting like you're smarter than everybody else. this is a RUMOR.

sorry, It's not like the girl on the horse was my friend and I'm not defending her comments... but mr.... uh, rowjimmy is it? sir, quit being a douche.

ytowndan

Quote from: elbowleg on October 30, 2008, 03:14:57 AM

not that I fully believe her, but it's not like it COULDN'T happen. just because the REUNION happens at hampton doesn't mean phish couldn't have reserved a spot in MI years in advance for a specific location to throw a festival.

all I wanted was to throw out some shit I heard through the proverbial grapevine. quit acting like you're smarter than everybody else. this is a RUMOR.

sorry, It's not like the girl on the horse was my friend and I'm not defending her comments... but mr.... uh, rowjimmy is it? sir, quit being a douche.

Dude, chill.  I mean...ugh...forget about it, I'm not even going to go there. 

EDIT:  Actually, I will...

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Mr Minor

Quote from: elbowleg on October 30, 2008, 03:14:57 AM

What do you expect when you title the thread "from a not-so-reliable source?"  Should we all be like: sweet dude, random guy has info from a horse...   :evil:

edit: btw, good use of proverbial.  Haven't heard that overused since Dawson's Creek went off the air... :-P

rowjimmy

Did you just call me a douche? I'd be deeply offended if I gave a fuck about who you are.

You can't seriously expect to tell a wild story like that and have people take it remotely seriously... can you?

Come on, she knew 2 years in advance? Even when Phish was touring regularly they didn't plan fests that far in advance.

Sure, it's a rumor, but it's one of the stupidest rumors I've ever seen on this board and the fact that you are repeating it speaks volumes about yourself.

Now, I'll tell you what we generally have to tell most of the n00bs around here at some point:
Sarcasm is stock and trade around this board and, like the rest of the interweb, if you can't take a little heat, gtfo of the kitchen.

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Mr Minor

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

sophist

Quote from: elbowleg on October 29, 2008, 06:25:29 PM
at bonnaroo 07... I was walking around at night and was bullshitting with one of our horseback security friends (the red coats that we all know and love) and asked them if they'd ever worked phish shows.

they'd worked deer creek 04 and coventry....

then all of the sudden the girl on the horse says "phish reunion is August 09 in Upper Peninsula Michigan."

if this is true I think they will be doing a phestival at the end of the summer tour in MI and not in Limestone.

I was so convinced that Rothbury would host the phish reunion because it was in MI and i couldn't remember if the chick on horseback said August 08 or 09... not to mention Rothbury was in July not August and it was not in the Upper Peninsula of MI...

however 3 members of Phish were on the bill and it was in michigan and they did reunite somewhat(mike trey and fish during gordons set.)

this thought of a phesty in MI is a long shot, but also a hope and a dream of mine.

hell phish should buy the land Rothbury was held on since it's backrupt. they could bank off of leasing the grounds for other festies and throw their own festies at the end of each summer.

rothbury 09 might not happen if the new landowners aren't down with it.

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!