News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Breakin Bad on AMC

Started by VA $l!m, April 06, 2009, 12:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 18, 2015, 06:23:54 AM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on November 17, 2015, 11:51:22 PM
Finished this up over the weekend. While I enjoyed it immensely start to finish, I was surprised to find myself ready for it to be over. I don't think a show like that lends itself to binge watching. I feel like I would have been better off watching it with breaks in between seasons (shit, even week-to-week). It's hard for your soul to process that much darkness in such a condensed period. Still, it is easily one of the greatest series ever made.

That was exactly my situation. I watched it with my wife and friend and they would try to cram a couple episodes in every night. By the 5th season I was just ready for it to be over.

I had the opposite experience. I couldn't get enough and often had to turn off the TV so I wouldn't be exhausted at work the next day.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sophist

Finished this up over the weekend. While I enjoyed it immensely start to finish, I was surprised to find myself ready for it to be over. I don't think a show like that lends itself to binge watching. I feel like I would have been better off watching it with breaks in between seasons (shit, even week-to-week). It's hard for your soul to process that much darkness in such a condensed period. Still, it is easily one of the greatest series ever made.
for people like George and I, it's really easy, as that's LYPHE for us. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

runawayjimbo

Quote from: antelope19 on November 18, 2015, 10:10:38 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 18, 2015, 06:23:54 AM

That was exactly my situation. I watched it with my wife and friend and they would try to cram a couple episodes in every night. By the 5th season I was just ready for it to be over.

I had the opposite experience. I couldn't get enough and often had to turn off the TV so I wouldn't be exhausted at work the next day.

Oh, don't get me wrong. The show was amazing and I had that "I can't believe I just hit 'Play' again" moment at 12:30am on a Wednesday all the time. I guess I was just surprised that in the end I leaned way more towards "I gotta see how this ends" rather than "I wish it went on for another 3 seasons."

Quote from: sophist on November 18, 2015, 10:49:33 AM
for people like George and I, it's really easy, as that's LYPHE for us. 

Well, at least the part when Jesse's house turned into a crack den.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

emay

I felt the same, I loved the show but I was kinda ready for it to end. At the end of the like last three episodes, I would be like damn that was a good ending and then think the series was over and find out there was another episode and I would be like "Woah what else can happen to this dude" and it would be more bad ass. Great series and good idea for a TV show.

VDB

Had this conversation with someone over the weekend who said the same thing about feeling it would have been better to watch with breaks. I myself didn't mind the binge approach -- enjoyed it, in fact. And I don't suppose you're saying that "ready for it to end" is the same as "wish it would end already"; and indeed some series have a natural arc and shouldn't go on forever. Some great series even go on for too long. I thought BB overstayed its welcome not a lick.
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

Just finished my second go around with BB. It's even more brilliant.

Now starting Better Call Saul. BB references aplenty in the first episode. Love it!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mistercharlie

Quote from: antelope19 on March 05, 2016, 10:24:21 PM

Now starting Better Call Saul. BB references aplenty in the first episode. Love it!
Saul is even better in te second season. I'm loving where theshow is going.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

zimbra

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 06, 2016, 12:13:38 AM
Quote from: antelope19 on March 05, 2016, 10:24:21 PM

Saul is even better in te second season. I'm loving where theshow is going.

Better Call Saul is great, I agree about the 2nd season.  Hot girl is hot too.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

BCS been pretty good.
TBH the pacing still puts me to sleep sometimes.
also, the blatant BB pandering seems somewhat forced IMO, but besides that I'm on board.
ITs great to see Odenkirk in a more dramatic role than most would expect.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mbw

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mistercharlie

::Said in a Mike Tyson voice:: "Man Pete looks methed up!"
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

VA $l!m

final episodes of Better Call Saul start Monday.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mopper_smurf

Quote from: VA $l!m on July 09, 2022, 01:34:12 PMfinal episodes of Better Call Saul start Monday.

They are great. Just sayin'.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy