News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Michael Jackson?

Started by flow00, June 25, 2009, 05:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey Lenahan

They were talking about it on the radio today, I cant believe he was still going after the second dose of lorazepam, if i was the dr I would say go take a jog, youll get tired, but then midazolam (guess it knocks ya out before surgery) I would be sleeping for weeks after that.

crazy, crazy
I owe Aug $20

sls.stormyrider

2 of the drugs used, midazolam (versed) and propafol (Diprivan) are meant to be administered in the hospital with appropriate monitoring  - propafol should only be given if someone is present with the ability to put the patient on a ventilator. There's no way you can defend giving these 2 drugs in someone's house.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

inourdr

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on August 25, 2009, 12:05:51 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2009, 12:02:53 AM
It's been widely reported that MJ had issues with painkillers. This doctor has admitted in Police interviews to administering the drug and even that he was lowering dosage in an attempt to wean MJ off of it. Either way, the drug was administered outside of its legal designation and it doesn't look good for Dr. Enabler.

Yeah, at best it looks like he will be owing the family and the promoter damages due to wrongful death.

Also, his medical license should be terminated soon.

Dr=Fizzucked.

He'll never have enough money to cover the damages to the family and AEG. AEG lost billions when MJ died. The sad part is he (the doc) was making a TON of money "servicing" MJ and is now looking at a substantial amount of jail time because he couldn't say no to MJ.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2009, 12:13:05 AM
It's been widely reported that MJ had issues with painkillers. This doctor has admitted in Police interviews to administering the drug and even that he was lowering dosage in an attempt to wean MJ off of it. Either way, the drug was administered outside of its legal designation and it doesn't look good for Dr. Enabler.

Yeah, at best it looks like he will be owing the family and the promoter damages due to wrongful death.

Dr=Fizzucked.

He won't likely get the 'at best' situation. There's pressure to do something about this medical enabling.
I imagine that the doc's supplier is also liable in a civil suit. Pharmacies shouldn't be dispensing this stuff.

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on August 25, 2009, 12:19:00 AM
Yeah, it looks like he's getting Scapegoated.  I agree with that whole heartedly.
whatever he gets, it's not scapegoating. this is more than just a little beyond the pale of medical practice
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: inourdr on August 25, 2009, 02:30:17 PM

Dr=Fizzucked.

He'll never have enough money to cover the damages to the family and AEG. AEG lost billions when MJ died. The sad part is he (the doc) was making a TON of money "servicing" MJ and is now looking at a substantial amount of jail time because he couldn't say no to MJ.

That's not "sad" it's shameful.

Superfreakie

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 26, 2009, 08:35:52 AM

Dr=Fizzucked.

Yeah, I think it has something to do with that pesky Hippocratic oath thing.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

inourdr

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 26, 2009, 08:35:52 AM

Dr=Fizzucked.

Very true. Thanks for the correction.

fauxpaxfauxreal

I'm surprised they haven't tried to go after MJ's previous physicians.  I'm pretty sure from the sounds of the story that this dude is not the first dude to administer these drugs to MJ.  Especially since he was only his doc for three weeks.

I think every doctor who hooked him up on the fly should be held as accountable as the unlucky doc who happened to be the one on duty when he died.

sls.stormyrider

bet ya they will, or at least will try

susep

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on August 26, 2009, 07:15:50 PM
I think every doctor who hooked him up on the fly should be held as accountable as the unlucky doc who happened to be the one on duty when he died.

I concur. 

mistercharlie

A buddy of mine just showed me this...

Top right corner - 'Michael Jackson -  6 months to live'

Bottom, just right of center (issued date) - 'January 12th, 2009'

DAMN, THEY WHERE CLOSE!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mistercharlie

Quote from: antelope19 on December 13, 2010, 03:35:42 PM
:shakehead:

I know... Rosie O'Donnell without pants on, eeewwwwww
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

antelope19

5 years ago today. Hard to believe.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

emay

damn cant believe that
might have to que up Off the Wall