News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Alex Trebek

Started by VDB, November 08, 2020, 01:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

:cry:

Damn, hard hit on n otherwise great day.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

End of an era. 

My favorite thing about Trebek is how much he got away with on that show, he never held back when somebody who really didn't belong there somehow ended up on stage. 

RIP
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sls.stormyrider

Will be missed
I love that show

RIP
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on November 08, 2020, 03:04:51 PM
End of an era. 

My favorite thing about Trebek is how much he got away with on that show, he never held back when somebody who really didn't belong there somehow ended up on stage. 

RIP

I actually never really thought about it at the time since I usually took his side but he could be ruthless when he wanted to.
RIP
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Caravan2001

Yep, he was the man.  It was mainstay in my house when i lived with my parents.  My dad and I even went to Radio City Music Hall for the $1,000,000 Tournament of Champions and it was a big day for me lol.  RIP.

pcr3

Fuck. I love that show. Always have. I think I watched parts of every episode this week even.

I devised a plan to take over the world when I was probably 10 by getting on Jeopardy and betting negative infinity on final jeopardy and getting it wrong, thus gaining infinite wealth. Thanks for the memories, Alex.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3